> What Movies Have You Seen Recently?, Old and new
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Dec-2007, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

I watched a Peaceful Warrior. It was a pretty good show based on true stories.
Gives some great philosophical views on life. Nick Nolte plays in this film.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 24-Dec-2007, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I watched The Prince of Tides with Nick Nolte and Barbara Streisand...a good movie I thought.

Has anyone watched... PS I Love You with Gerard Butler? note.gif He's too sexy for his kilt, note.gif don't ya' think ladies? angel_not.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
Posted: 24-Dec-2007, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I'm watching "A Christmas Story" on TBS right now.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
meganmt 
Posted: 01-Jan-2008, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

female

Don't laugh, I watched 'Dinotopia' with my kids a couple of nights ago.

At the theater, I saw the new Nicholas Cage movie. Not too bad.
PMEmail Poster                
stoirmeil 
Posted: 01-Jan-2008, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

"Atonement" was very moving and also gorgeous to look at. The actors were all superb -- the young girl Saoirse Ronan was amazing. The period atmosphere was absolutely perfect. Also the score was very powerful and unusual -- the whole thing is revolving around the overheated imagination of the precocious 13 year old writer, and right from the outset you get this very highly charged music around her with the sound of the old typewriter blending in and out like percussion. James McAvoy just keeps getting better and better -- he's pure A-list for my money.

I went with a friend who had read the book, which is said to be tremendous, and she said afterwards that it suffered a bit from the usual difficulties in adapting a book with time and sequence complexities to the screen. I think it stands by itself as a fine film just the same.
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 01-Jan-2008, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Happy New Year all!

My wife and I just saw Juno, which is funny, crude and poignant all in one! I can recommend it, even though there's a lot of swear words in it. rolleyes.gif

Megan - I'm guessing that you saw the latest National Treasure movie with Nick Cage - is that correct? If so, did you see the first one that came out last year? I'm curious what you thought of the new movie, compared to the first one.

Stoirmeil - thanks so much for the review of Atonement! I saw a trailer on that several months ago and I think my wife and I would like it. I agree, Mr. McAvoy does a great job - we saw him in Becoming Jane and he was excellent!

Have a great week, all - after being off from work for nearly two weeks I'm heading back tomorrow, if I still remember how to get there... huh.gif

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Jan-2008, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Good luck at work Robbie.

I just recently was able to see Away From Her
It's about a man coping with the institutionalization of his wife because of Alzheimer's disease faces an epiphany I won't tell anymore of the story but I will say a box of kleenex is needed. It is directed by Sarah Polley. I would watch this one again.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 01-Jan-2008, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I saw National Treasure- Book of Secrets
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 03-Jan-2008, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

We saw I Am Legend right before Christmas. Now I'm going to read the short story it was based on. Will Smith does a wonderful job in the movie.

I want to go see Sweeney Todd next.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
jime307 
Posted: 03-Jan-2008, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

I also saw I am Legend, it was suprisingly low-rated for the fact it was a Zombie movie, I thought it was Really good, the story and all and Will Smith did a fantastic job in it. I also saw Juno latley, I cant saw it was that good, it was alright but kinda a movie for girls lol. National Treasure was phenomonal, I absolutley love the way they blend the History into everything in those movies

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
jime307 
Posted: 03-Jan-2008, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

I also saw I am Legend, it was suprisingly low-rated for the fact it was a Zombie movie, I thought it was Really good, the story and all and Will Smith did a fantastic job in it. I also saw Juno latley, I cant saw it was that good, it was alright but kinda a movie for girls lol. National Treasure was phenomonal, I absolutley love the way they blend the History into everything in those movies
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 07-Jan-2008, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hello all,

My wife and I saw The Water Horse this weekend and really liked it! Even if you don't like the plot, the scenery is fantastic! I thought the actors did a great job and all the characters seemed very believable. The CG on this was good, as well as the animated 3D models of Crusoe. I also liked the bucolic landscapes and old castles and homes.

I can recommend this movie, especially for children, which we seemed to have been surrounded by! smile.gif

A movie that I saw by myself while my wife was shopping, was The Golden Compass. Although I thought the cast was very talented (especially the actress who played the young girl), I felt that the story lacked something that interested me. Overall I thought the movie moved very slowly and didn't seem to come together that well, at least for me - the silver lining was that it only cost me $6.00. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 07-Jan-2008, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,368 Gold!

I saw National Treasure- book of secrets a few days ago. I loved the first movie. The second one is still a good movie, but for me something seemed a little off in it. I can't put my finger on what it was though. It was worth going to see and I'm definitely going to see number 3 as well.
gcw57 
  Posted: 07-Jan-2008, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

I saw National Treasure - Book of Secrets recently, too. I am just the opposite of Leenie though, I thought the first one was a slap-dab history cash-in after "The Da Vinci Code" - I hope I have my timelines straight here and that "Book of Secrets" was a more thoughtfully developed story though it still requires full suspencion of belief for long periods of time.

It was a fair way to spend a freezing, dreary night - even if I am so frugal that I think movies cost for more to go to than they frequently are worth.

Like the latest "Bourne" movie...why didn't they just crash cars and kill people for 2 hours. The story, such as it was, was very difficult to follow and as everyone who read the book first says "Where did that come from?" The movie has absolutely no relationship to the book at all, they are completely different stories!

Muircheartach, you've convinced me. I need destressing (do ya think!) and the "Water Horse" with beautiful scenery sounds like just the ticket. I hope it comes to town soon. I don't know if I need caffeine or medication so I'm going for both! Enjoy the movies folks!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 07-Jan-2008, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,368 Gold!

Gcw is right about the movie ,very good but maybe I'm not liking the Lincoln tie in. I've been a Lincoln history buff for a long time. Guess that's what bothered me about the whole thing. It is still an excellent movie. reminiscent of Indiana Jones.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]