JaneyMae 
  Posted: 12-Sep-2004, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 09-Sep-2004, 08:48 PM)
JaneyMae,

Hi! Our girls are 11 and 9- still young enough to enjoy being with us without embarassment, thank goodness! rolleyes.gif How old are your grandbabies? I'm so glad you get to see them often! Labor Day was gorgeous here this year, comfortable temps and blue sky. We had my sister-in-law and her hubby over for fun and food, and just relaxed.

Everything's back to high speed again around here, but everyone's happy so I'm not complaining. Summer seems to be zipping away faster than usual, too. The cicadas are still singing loudly, but I've noticed geese forming up this week and the spiders are starting to try to move back inside now too. That I refuse to allow! (Hate spiders sad.gif )

What age group do you teach? Have you got a good bunch this year, fun-lovin' and interesting? I'm finally getting good at remembering our girls' classmates' names. tongue.gif They've both been fortunate to have lots of great kids with them, and have made some wonderful friendships. Meeting such a wide range of kids is one of the best aspects of school, I think. Hope you enjoy your kids this year, too!

My hubby just got back from his nightly walk, soaked from all the rain (he refuses to wear his coat). He needs some hot tea, and a loving reminder to go change into dry things! laugh.gif Take care!

Dreamer1

Dreamer1,

Hi Woman! Not sure where my week went! Wow! Your kids sound great! They are such a fun age! My grands are 14, 11-1/2, 10, 9, 6, & 5. They make my heart happy!

I teach 9th & 10th grade English. Most of the kids are fun but I have a couple who are making teaching less desirable. When I left Friday I had 160 students. *sigh* unsure.gif sad.gif

I hate spiders too! We have Hobo spiders in the valley. They are so icky fear.gif and poisonous. We have spiders indiginous to the mountains but not too bad. We have snakes that I am really terrified of. I do not go into the grassy areas in the summer. fear.gif

Take care of you!

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 12-Sep-2004, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi JaneyMae!

You've really been blessed with grandkids, and I bet it's a lot of fun when everyone gets together! Kinda crazy, but wonderfully so. We're only able to do that maybe once a year or so, since we all live so far apart, but everyone looks forward to getting together. So far the kids all seem to be interested in the same things, which helps a lot!

I'm not familiar with Hobo spiders, but I hope you don't see them regularly. Where do they like to live? (Outside in the brush or in sheds where you're more likely to have a run-in with them? Hope it's the former! Yikes!!) fear.gif shocking.gif

160 students must really keep you busy, but also remember that you're helping to improve a lot of young lives! I always enjoyed my English classes, but there was one teacher that was really special because she encouraged us to read Fantasy as well as the Classics. It made her class so much more exciting, and relaxed. High School is such an awkward time of life and I know they can really give you a run for your money! You need the weekends as much, if not more, than they do!

My eldest is sitting here with me, doing her Math homework but she's finding it hard to concentrate. It's such a nice day out there! I'm planning on doing a little gardening , and yard work, maybe some light pruning of our bittersweet, that type of thing. Mostly just get outside and enjoy it. Our dog would love to play Frisbie Catch!

Hope your day is as nice!
Take care,
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
OriginalGhirl 
Posted: 12-Sep-2004, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Philadelphia Metro Area

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 11-Sep-2004, 11:22 AM)
Originalghirl! I wondered how Vanity Fair would be. Thank you for your critique!

love your personal photo, btw! Were you at Applebees? Our Applebees looks much like that inside is why I ask. smile.gif

You're welcome! biggrin.gif

Actually my personal photo is me in March 2003 with Graham Wright of the Glengarry Bhoys at some really ancient pub in Ireland. I can't even remember the name of it! We stopped their for lunch one day while touring Southern Ireland. beer_mug.gif

--------------------
~Jenni~
~Aspiring Costume Designer~World Traveler~Celtic Music Lover~
The Original "Ghirl" - Founder, The Glengarry Bhoys Yahoo Group
Join the Official Yahoo Group for The Crofters:
The Crofters Yahoo Group
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Sep-2004, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! How lucky for you! You got to tour Southern Ireland? What a special trip, I bet. Well thanks for sharing your beautiful pic. I bet you will treasure that time forever. any plans to returning there?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Brandelynn 
Posted: 13-Sep-2004, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

My family rented a few movies recently. If you haven't seen "Big Fish," you should! It was great. Hy hubby nearly broke down -- *extremely* uncharacteristic. We watched "Hidalgo" last night; very entertaining.
If you like Dracula movies, we saw Wes Craven's "Dracula 2000" awhile back. It was really good! I was surprised. The storyline of *who* Dracula is was very unique. There are a few "made-ya-jump" scenes; one made the hubby jump so hard he wore his soda for the rest of the movie! tongue.gif And the actor who plays Dracula is a Scottish fellow who is positively yummy. thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Three candles that illuminate every darkness: truth, drunkenness, and love.
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
Posted: 13-Sep-2004, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

QUOTE (Brandelynn @ 13-Sep-2004, 01:42 PM)
If you haven't seen "Big Fish," you should!  It was great.

I agree, thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif , I love Tim Burton movies. My favourite part was the daffidils in the yard biggrin.gif It was beautiful!

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Brandelynn 
Posted: 13-Sep-2004, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

I love Tim Burton movies.

Me, too. He's kinda like the Cohen brothers, though; I wonder what it is that makes his brain function the way it does. And folks tell me *I'm* weird!
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 13-Sep-2004, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

'Big Fish' was so good. I'm glad they got Burton to do that one, because no one does imagery like that man. He's redoing 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' too. That should be awesome.

I'd like to see Burton take on a Tod MacFarlane project. cool.gif

Anyway, I saw 'The Perfect Storm' last night for the first time. unsure.gif Now you understand why I'm afraid of the ocean, despite growing up surounded by it. I kept on hearing 'Farewell to Nova Scotia' in my head. Esspecially the scene where they left port. Say goodbye every time you go to sea, because she'll get you eventually. My question? Why didn't the damn skipper just crash in St. Johns, get some ice, and go home when the storm was over? sad.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

OR I watched "The Perfect Storm" the other night on the TV too. The skipper made a bad decision and cost his life and everybody elses! So very sad. My husband keeps wanting to go on an ocean cruise to Alaska. NOw I want to go to Alaska badly, but something about being on a boat for that many days scares me, I have to admit. I love the water but I have a fear of it too.
oldraven 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 14-Sep-2004, 12:13 PM)
I love the water but I have a fear of it too.

As it should be, Rose, as it should be. wink.gif

The skipper wanted to prove his worth so much that he lost sight of humanity. Tired of showing up empty-handed, he'd do anything to be respected as a good captain again. Too bad the only moment that showed his worth was when he stayed with his crew and went down with his ship. Very profound moment. And the young buck knew why he didn't follow.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Very, very good insight, OR! I think you are exactly right about The Perfect Storm. Good movie though, eh?
Annabelle 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Starskey and Hutch! A dog! Don't even rent it!

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 14-Sep-2004, 02:00 PM)
Very, very good insight, OR! I think you are exactly right about The Perfect Storm. Good movie though, eh?

Yeah, it was a good movie. I don't know why they were showing it on NBC just as a massive hurtacrane was heading in though.

Annabelle, that's probably because you used to watch the show. I've never seen an episode of S&H, but I thought the movie was a hoot. Ok, I just liked the way he drove, alright.
PMEmail Poster               
Brandelynn 
Posted: 15-Sep-2004, 06:02 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

Yeah, it was a good movie. I don't know why they were showing it on NBC just as a massive hurtacrane was heading in though.

I thought that was rather poor taste, myself. But then again, no one probably remembers this, but the night after JFK Jr. died they showed 'So I Married An Axe Murderer' on TV. There's a line in it -- "We have a piper down." The line referred to a bagpiper, but Jr. crashed his Piper..... yeah, you're right, I'm the only freakazoid that noticed.

Anyhoo, watched 'Man on Fire' with Denzel Washington last night. Great movie. Sad, don't watch it if you're out of Prozac, but it was great.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 15-Sep-2004, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Right now, I'm watching The Matrix for the umpteenth time. I'm suprised I haven't burned a hole through that DVD yet biggrin.gif . That was one of the first two DVDs, along with John Carpenter's Vampires, I ever bought.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]