Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Daily Drivers, What kind of car do you drive daily?
Bookmark and Share
VetteGal 
Posted: 09-May-2004, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

Hi all,
I'll get this forum started by asking you all to tell what kind of car you drive daily.
Why did you buy that car? Do you like your car? Problems with you car? You get the idea. I'll start.

My daily driver during the warmer months is a 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Coupe. Before the Corvair I was driving a 1973 Corvette. The day I sold the Corvette I went and bought the Corvair. I really love my car, she does turn a lot of heads. I just had the rear U-Joints replaced on the right side. Now during the winter I drive a 1984 Fiero, I love that one too. I bought it to be my winter beater but I like it too much so I will probably end up fixing it all up. She failed the Illinois emmision test but just replaced the catalytic converter and the oxygen sensor and then she passed. Now I don't have to worry about that for 2 more years. clap.gif

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Madadh 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Lord High Hound of all Ireland
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

VetteGal,

My daily car is a Jeep. I have a softtop with full doors. In the summer I can be seen both topless and doorless. I have even been know to do that in the late fall.

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
silverdragon 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

VetteGal, I have a red Subaru Forester as my daily drive -- and boy, do I drive her a lot! Ryoko Subaru-chan takes me all over South California. I've had no problems with her so far (nearly 50,000 miles) -- other than my son drove her into the back of a Chevy Suburban last Dec.

Yes I like her! I bought her because she was both more powerful than and more fuel-efficient (at the time) than any other miniature SUV. I'd had an Isuzu Rodeo for 10 years before that, and was not willing to give up cargo space and the ability to motor into the boonies totally. I love her acceleration & handling, she can haul or tow just about anything I need her to, and the bill at the gas pump is well, less painful than it otherwise might be.

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                
Blue_Rogue 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Ok.

male

Hi VetteGal,

A '66 Corvair, how COOL!!! cool2.gif

I drive a 1991 BMW 535i
I really like the BMW Series car, and I believe in them.
But then again, that is what I do for a living.
Been driving same model carfor almost 10 years, even though this is my second one. Wiped out my first one racing on the freeway.

--------------------
Careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

House of Gordon

PMEmail Poster               
gtrplr 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Nashville, TN

male

VetteGal, I owned a '66 Corvair at one time. Wish I still had it. It was a convertible, with the 140 engine (4 1barrel carbs!!!). Automatic trans. and the shifter was a little T-handle sticking out of the dash. It didn't have a "Park" so you used the emergency brake lever, which looked like it came off a '45 Chevy truck.

Currently I'm driving a (looks around furitively, then whispers) minivan. Not just any minivan, oh, no. It's a Ford Deathstar. . .er, I mean, Windstar. After I bury the teenagers in the backyard, I think I'll get rid of it and get some reliable transportation. Maybe a horse.

--------------------
Randal Smith alias Smitty the Kid
Wielder of the Six-String Claymore!

"We have enough Youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?"
"When the going gets tough, the smart go fishing!"

PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
tsargent62 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

I drive a 1999 Jetta. New body style. Great car. Bought the car in June 2002 with 34K miles on it. Now it has about 76K. No major problems. I had to replace the catalytic converter, but that's about it. Car has only 110 horsepower, but it has lots of giddy-up. The transmission is geared to do a lot with a little. If I'm stomping on it it winds out pretty high before it shifts. Fun car to drive. Very comfortable. The only thing I'd change is that I wish it had a manual tranny. It would go from quick to fast. I drive mostly expressway, so I love that it has phenomenal high-end acceleration.

For my next car I'd like to get ahold of another Jetta with a 1.8 turbo. Horsepower jumps to 180. Yeah it's not a lot, but you'd have to drive one to believe it.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

My wife and I have an 02 Honda Passport that we bought 8 months old with 15,000 miles on it (it was a lease) It is big enough for the dogs, groceries and cleans up well.
My car is a 76 International Scout II with removeable hardtop and is a ton of fun, but she ain't quite rolling lately.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
VetteGal 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

QUOTE (gtrplr @ May 10 2004, 12:29 PM)
VetteGal, I owned a '66 Corvair at one time. Wish I still had it. It was a convertible, with the 140 engine (4 1barrel carbs!!!). Automatic trans. and the shifter was a little T-handle sticking out of the dash. It didn't have a "Park" so you used the emergency brake lever, which looked like it came off a '45 Chevy truck.

Currently I'm driving a (looks around furitively, then whispers) minivan. Not just any minivan, oh, no. It's a Ford Deathstar. . .er, I mean, Windstar. After I bury the teenagers in the backyard, I think I'll get rid of it and get some reliable transportation. Maybe a horse.

gtrplr,
Mine has the 140 with the auto Powerglide also. It is different than the vettes in that off the line there is not that push down in the seat feeling, but, when the secondaries kick in, whoosh, she goes like a bat out of h*ll. I do have a link to pictures if you would like to see it.
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Back in the Dark Ages when I was a teen-ager, my parents owned a Corvair, which I used in Los Angeles County. Once I got my license, I had a lot of fun with it. Being young and stupid, I did cool things like drive it on sidewalks just because such things could be done with a Corvair.
Being much older (but not necessarily wiser), my daily transport is now an early 90's Trek touring bike fitted out for commuting. Occasionally, when I'm feeling energetic, I'll pull out my early 80's Sekai 4000 racing bike. When thunderstorms threaten or I'm feeling lazy, I drive a 2003 Hyundai Sonata, a mild-mannered appearing vehicle, that can be thrashed when called upon, or a 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera station wagon with 122,000 miles on it, with deceptive performance resulting from a V-6 with ample torque. It's amazing how you can sort of slip under the radar with such ordinary vehicles (and a bit of alertness).

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (gtrplr @ May 10 2004, 12:29 PM)

Hee hee...Deathstar..that's really funny. (chuckle) bury the kids in the back yard - they must be teenagers

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 10-May-2004, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Currently, I'm driving a red 2000 Chevy Cavalier, about as stripped down as you can get. Automatic tranny, manual windows & door locks and the radio/tape deck that came with the car. I need a new battery for my car. This one is just about kaput. When I can afford to though, I'm gonna trade it in for a Mini Cooper.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Raven 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (VetteGal @ May 9 2004, 11:49 PM)
Hi all,
I'll get this forum started by asking you all to tell what kind of car you drive daily.
Why did you buy that car? Do you like your car? Problems with you car? You get the idea. I'll start.

My daily driver during the warmer months is a 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Coupe. Before the Corvair I was driving a 1973 Corvette. The day I sold the Corvette I went and bought the Corvair. I really love my car, she does turn a lot of heads. I just had the rear U-Joints replaced on the right side. Now during the winter I drive a 1984 Fiero, I love that one too. I bought it to be my winter beater but I like it too much so I will probably end up fixing it all up. She failed the Illinois emmision test but just replaced the catalytic converter and the oxygen sensor and then she passed. Now I don't have to worry about that for 2 more years. clap.gif

My best friend in High School had a mid 60's Corvair that we rebuilt in the Indianapolis Harley Davidson garage in 1978 (his brother was the chief mechanic there at the time - he now just does the race bikes)

It was a pretty cool little car.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Currently driving a '93 Shadow. Pretty good little car, although I liked my dad's Neon better (RIP... Spun out on 75 and slammed into a concrete barrier) It needs some work to get it into top shape. I'm trying to see if I can wait until after taking my trip planned for September, then thinking about either fixing it up a little better or replacing. I'm not a big car person myself, but I think it'd be a worthwhile investment to put a little money into my ride. Enough to ensure reliability, fuel effecency and to customise it a little.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 10-May-2004, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Here's what I'd like to do:

I'd like to get a '69 Dodge Charger and fix it up to look and run like this famous car...

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Raven 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

Hey Mike

If you did that you would have to move over here to Indiana so that you could fit in wink.gif heh heh
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada. They provide music license coverage through SOCAN.
© Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance Tavern, Ye O' Celtic Pub, Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With Chrome (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]