CelticCoalition 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 02-Aug-2006, 06:34 PM)
Since we ALL seem to have calmed down a bit and explained our point a bit better, then I will take the time to do so also.
First, I am NOT a christian, I follow the traditional beliefs of my people. You can belive what you want, and as an American I will fight to the death for you to do so. This does not mean that I take anything you shove at me (religiously speaking) as gospel or the truth. I belive "The Big Three" to be the biggest bane to mankind that has ever come down the pike!
That being said, from my personal point of view, it is much easier to draw corelalations between my people and Hesbollah, the PLO and Hammas than it will ever be with israel (The nation and Political unit, NOT the jewish people!)
Based SOLELY on actions and attitude it is far easier to identify with them (The PLO, etc) as being the in the same situation, than it is to see israel in any sort of GOOD light, filling the role of the Whiteman. I have looked at this situation for close to 45 years and CANNOT see israel as being in the right ONCE! They have grabbed land that was not their's and then killed those who lived there for the crime of daring to object.
My reference to the invalidity of the bible still stands. It is ALL based on jewish texts, and as such, of course they are the chosen of THEIR god.
I'm sorry, but NOTHING will ever convince me that israel is right and those who oppose them are wrong. You see, I'm culturally conditioned to reject their argument.

But we COULD all still have a beer_mug.gif !

beer_mug.gif

I have heard that the jewish people originated in this area and were driven off by the romans. I don't know if this is just a bible story or accurte history...but I beleive it is accurate history.

In that case, would Israel be a case of the white man taking land from native tribes...or would it be more like the native tribes reclaiming their land from the white man?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Ok, I know I'm posting again, but I wanted to share this in case it slipped by anyone.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday the solution to the Middle East crisis was to destroy Israel, Iranian state media reported.

In a speech during an emergency meeting of Muslim leaders in Malaysia, Ahmadinejad also called for an immediate cease-fire to end the fighting between Israel and the Iranian-back group Hezbollah.

"Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime, at this stage an immediate cease-fire must be implemented," Ahmadinejad said, according to state-run television in a report posted on its Web site.

Full Story

This kind of rhetoric serves only to inflame the situation. Ahmadinejad knows his words are empty, as Iran has no intention to intervene.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

I have heard that the jewish people originated in this area and were driven off by the romans. I don't know if this is just a bible story or accurte history...but I beleive it is accurate history.

As I recall, according to the Bible the area was originally populated by Canaanites. God instituted the first documented case of ethnic cleansing, giving the Jews express orders to slaughter every Canannite man, woman, and child, and got quite pissed off when some of His "chosen people" secretly kept a few of the more comely Canaanite women as sex slaves.

Don't think it's really apropos to the current conflict, other than perhaps by way of explaining where some of the Israeli sense of entitlement and privilege might be derived from.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

The Jews weren't the first ones there but they did have that land prior to the Palistinians. Palistine was never a nation. The region was so named by the Romans. The First "Israeli", Abraham, was actually from Ur which is in Iraq. Actually the proper name would have been Israelite in those times. My history might not be exact because I don't have my Bible or historical atlas handy.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

In addition if Israel were to retreat to the origional borders of 1946. That wouldn't end ANY conflict with the Muslim extreamist. The extreamist would simply look at it as victory and continue the battle because their goal is NO ISRAEL!. They don't hate the USA because of Israel only. They hate our way of life and think it's THEM who should be the masters with all the power and money to keep all non-muslims as slaves.
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

In addition if Israel were to retreat to the origional borders of 1946. That wouldn't end ANY conflict with the Muslim extreamist. The extreamist would simply look at it as victory and continue the battle because their goal is NO ISRAEL!.

You say that like it's a BAD thing.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 03-Aug-2006, 07:46 PM)

beer_mug.gif

Did you read the WHOLE thing or only the part that you agree with. Dog, I love ya but keep wishing.
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I DID read the whole thing, but they haven't the proverbial snowballs chance! Too many armed rednecks (And some that aren't so red)!

beer_mug.gif
haynes9 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 03-Aug-2006, 06:46 PM)

Dog, do we ever agree on anything tongue.gif ? I am as Pro-Israel as you are Anti-Israel! At least the dialog has gotten a bit more civil.

I would love to visit your part of the country someday. Feel free to give me a shout out if you ever come to Navajo country. We can munch on some serious frybread and argue over all your incorrect views laugh.gif !

Always enjoy the debate. Have a great day, Dog!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 04-Aug-2006, 04:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 03-Aug-2006, 08:15 PM)
I DID read the whole thing, but they haven't the proverbial snowballs chance! Too many armed rednecks (And some that aren't so red)!

beer_mug.gif

biggrin.gif LOLOLOL laugh.gif Down here in Florida, they say I'm a yankee but my neck is getting redder everyday thumbs_up.gif beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 04-Aug-2006, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Sunscreen, lad! Ye've got ta use sunscreen! wink.gif

beer_mug.gif
Raven 
Posted: 04-Aug-2006, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

There are those that contend that if the Israelites had done the job like God told them to they wouldn't have the problems that they have today, as the Cananites are reputably the ancestors of the Arabs on some level. BTW I think the Biblical account says they made some of the women wives (I guess that could mean sex slave to some smile.gif) and they also spared children.

If the arguement is as I saw earlier "perhaps they just want their land back" in regard to the Palestinians and Gaza, well... maybe it was the other way around smile.gif

BTW the Biblical record of the historical trek of the Israelites is not disputed by archeological evidence, if anyone cares about that.

In other words all evidence to date confirms the accounts and none disputes. That is not to say that ever word/stop etc... has a piece of archaological evidence to support it, but what there is does.

Really when you get down to the displacement deal it is the history of mankind. Even the native Americans were displaced from time to time by other natives, although never on the scale that happened with the Euro invasion, given time who knows how that all would have played out.

I personally feel that if someone had sworn to erradicate my race from the Earth, I would do everything in my power to stop it, and ..... I think anyone else in this discussion would do the same.

my 2 pence

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Emmet 
Posted: 04-Aug-2006, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

In addition if Israel were to retreat to the origional borders of 1946. That wouldn't end ANY conflict with the Muslim extreamist. The extreamist would simply look at it as victory and continue the battle because their goal is NO ISRAEL!. They don't hate the USA because of Israel only. They hate our way of life and think it's THEM who should be the masters with all the power and money to keep all non-muslims as slaves. 

Wow; that's so floridly non-reality based that it's really hard to respond. However, you do get points for limiting your hysteria to "extreamist" instead of all Muslims as in your previous posts; down to a few hundred thousand from 1.6 billion. While certainly there will always be a few wingnuts, both Arab and Israeli, who will resist any peace proposal, all major Arab players have agreed in principle to formally recognize Israel's right to exist, respect her borders, accept foreign peacekeepers, and formally declare the Arab-Israeli conflict over. It's Israel, not her Arab neighbors, who adamantly refuses to sit down at the table, and the United States that enables them to do so.
Besides our unprovoked attack and brutal occupation of Iraq, Muslims are pissed at the United States because we finance Israel's periodic temper tantrums and run interference for them in the Security Council (of course, our idiot king's pompous declarations of "crusade" didn't win many friends over there, either).
Our policies have done nothing but kill and maim and impoverish hundreds of thousands of Muslims, engendering the well-deserved hatred and hunger for revenge that breeds "extreamist". A "Global War on Terror" that does nothing but kill innocent civilians while generating legions of recruits for Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, and Al Queda simply doesn't appear to me to be a very workable strategy for success.
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 04-Aug-2006, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 04-Aug-2006, 05:59 AM)
Sunscreen, lad! Ye've got ta use sunscreen! wink.gif

beer_mug.gif

True biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Emmet 
Posted: 06-Aug-2006, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

"The Bush administration and an overwhelming bipartisan majority of Congress have gone on record defending Israel's assault on Lebanon's civilian infrastructure as a means of attacking Hezbollah “terrorists.” Unlike the major Palestinian Islamist groups, Hamas and Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah forces haven't killed any Israeli civilians for more than a decade. Indeed, a 2002 Congressional Research Service report noted, in its analysis of Hezbollah, that “no major terrorist attacks have been attributed to it since 1994.”

While Hezbollah's ongoing rocket attacks on civilian targets in Israel are indeed illegitimate and can certainly be considered acts of terrorism, it is important to note that such attacks were launched only after the U.S.-backed Israeli assault on civilian targets in Lebanon began July 12. Similarly, Hezbollah has pledged to cease such attacks once Israel stops its attacks against Lebanon and withdraws its troops from Lebanese territory occupied since the onset of the latest round of hostilities. (The Hezbollah attack on the Israeli border post that prompted the Israeli assaults, while clearly illegitimate and provocative, can not legally be considered a terrorist attack since the targets were military rather than civilian.)

Indeed, the evolution of this Lebanese Shiite movement from a terrorist group to a legal political party had been one of the more interesting and hopeful developments in the Middle East in recent years...In Lebanese parliamentary elections earlier last year, Hezbollah ended up with fourteen seats outright in the 128-member national assembly...Hezbollah controls one ministry in the 24-member cabinet. While failing to disarm as required under UN Security Council resolution 1559, Hezbollah was negotiating with the Lebanese government and other interested Lebanese parties, leading to hopes that the party's military wing would be disbanded within a few months. Prior to calling up reserves following the Israeli assault, Hezbollah could probably count on no more than a thousand active-duty militiamen.

In other words,whatever one might think of Hezbollah's reactionary ideology and its sordid history, the group did not constitute such a serious threat to Israel's security as to legitimate a pre-emptive war.

Foreign Policy in Focus: Jihad Against Hezbollah

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]