Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi Rosie!

Yeah I've been around, just haven't been very talkative lately. Been feeling kinda down. Lots of little things, such as:

Miserable at work. Wish I could find another job, but nothing pays as well or has benefits worth having.

The warming temps are messing up my breathing. Get short-winded very easily, and haven't been very productive at work as a result.

Gotta go back to court over Tiffany again Friday.

Just found out Tiffy has a cyst on her right ovary. The doctor is going to try to shrink it with birth control pills. (Also trying to get her monthlys stabilized, they've been pretty erratic lately).

On top of everything else, Tiffany's psychologist has changed her diagnosis from AD/HD to Bi-Polar disorder.

Just going through a crazy time right now, and when things get like this I tend to withdraw and don't have much to say. I'll be back to normal soon! I just need your prayers just now.

Thanks for caring! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Oh Allen, so sorry to hear of your problems. I know that my doctor/psy
told me how that is the new number one diagnosis, just like ADHD was. He just shook his head, but what do you do? I guess follow your heart. If you feel it right then it is.
Sorry your breathing is not to good right now.. Does humidity help you?

Tiffany will be fine-being a parent is one tough job. I want you to know we are here for you Allen, I have missed you! You and yours will be in my prayers- remember it will all be ok no matter what...let us know what happens please...
Get plenty of rest I wish I could help--my friend..

Beannachd leat
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Jun-2005, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 04-Jun-2005, 09:55 PM)
Just found out Tiffy has a cyst on her right ovary. The doctor is going to try to shrink it with birth control pills. (Also trying to get her monthlys stabilized, they've been pretty erratic lately).

On top of everything else, Tiffany's psychologist has changed her diagnosis from AD/HD to Bi-Polar disorder. ..

Hey man, those are some serious diagnosises... diagnosees... oh whatever! rolleyes.gif
Be of good cheer, she'll be okay. Irregular monthlies are common (had them myself about a hundred years ago) and the pills often do set things right.

What do you think about the ADHD diagnosis being changed? My daughter's boyfriend has ADHD and is on some kind of med for it that seems to work well (it calms him so that he can focus on one thing at a time & complete it, instead of having his thoughts skittering around to so many things...)
But Bi-polar, I thought that was where your moods rocket from very high to extremely low...

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 07-Jun-2005, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

I guess I have to agree with the diagnosis. She is very erratic in her behavior, especially when she wants something. She can go from being the sweetest child you've ever known to an uncontrollable monster in seconds. There have been times that I have feared being the next big national news story... Father and Mother Killed by 12 Year-old daughter... details at 6:00. None of the medicine that she has been given for ADHD has helped in any way that I can see. In fact some of it has made her worse.

A quick story...
Some detials before I start... My daughter is obsessed with telephones... talking on them and buying them... she'd rather buy a new phone than clothing, music, food or anything else...

My wife and daughter were in a local Wal-Mart the other day (I was at work). when my wife refused to buy her this phone that she saw, my daughter tried to strangle her! Right there in Wal-Mart!

Its been crazy at my house.... We sure could use your prayers!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Jun-2005, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Whoa, man that does sound frightening... and like it really is Bi-Polar too, esp. if those ADHD meds didn't work. I am so sorry to hear your daughter is going through this! I sure hope she gets better soon.

SB
PM               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 07-Jun-2005, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Allen, my friend....what a rough time you are having. I wish that there was something I could say or do that would help. Being a 12 year old is pretty tough all by itself...then add bi-polar....well, my prayers and thoughts are with you all. Unless someone has been through it, there is just no way of knowing how stressful the situation is. Keep strong, Allen, and lean on our Lord. He will lead you through it. Remember what Rindy said....."we are here for you". If you feel the need to vent, here is the place. That's what friends are for. You have always been there for us....now let us be there for you! hug.gif

God Bless.........BGL
smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 08-Jun-2005, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

You are just too sweet! smile.gif And the best friends a guy could have! Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. I hope things turn around for us soon. Its even causing stress between me and wife. We've had some major spats lately and I know its just stress and aggravation. Just keep on praying for us! One can never get enough prayer! smile.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Jun-2005, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Allen,

I will be thinking of you on Friday.. Of course this is going to cause stress in your marriage- its all major stress for all of you. Don't forget a LOT is on your daughter...WOW- I remember I was told I had a cyst when I was young (many moons ago) I had myself fer dead!!!!

Please feel free to email me or Pm me we are here!!! Do keep us updated!!

Godbless
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 10-Jun-2005, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers today! Court went really well, praise the Lord! Once the school board found out that Tiffany had been diagnosed as bi-polar, they backed off. They have postponed court until December until after we can get her to her new Psychologist and get her stareted on some medication which should help. So hopefully when school starts back up in the fall, we should have much less trouble with her. If things go well in the fall, they said they woulds drop all charges. So be praying for a good, fresh new start for her when school starts!!

Thanks again, my friends, you guys are the greatest! God bless you all!
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Jun-2005, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 10-Jun-2005, 10:08 PM)
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers today! Court went really well, praise the Lord! Once the school board found out that Tiffany had been diagnosed as bi-polar, they backed off. They have postponed court until December until after we can get her to her new Psychologist and get her stareted on some medication which should help. So hopefully when school starts back up in the fall, we should have much less trouble with her. If things go well in the fall, they said they woulds drop all charges. So be praying for a good, fresh new start for her when school starts!!

Thanks again, my friends, you guys are the greatest! God bless you all!

Allen,

Hi there! Oh, that is such good news.. I am so happy things are turning out so well... Reason for everything!!! I hope she does really well.. Hopefully the hard part is over!!! Now I will sleep well..

I hope you are feeling better...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Ah, that really IS good news. Thanks for letting us know! We are always here for you.

SB
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-Jun-2005, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Allen, I am so sorry that I am just now reading all this and getting back to you, but I have been out of state all last week and didn't see your reply to me before I left. I had a feeling something was going on as you have been very quiet. I had no idea it would be this serious. You have truly been in my thoughts and prayers though, even though I didn't know what was going on till just now. Good news on your daughter and her court situation. And also hopefully good news that she has been properly diagnosed. I can only imagine what your family are going through at this time.

I hope your breathing is getting better and God will provide a better job for you soon. but you will certainly remain in my prayers. Keep us posted, my friend.

Hugs.
susieq76 
Posted: 15-Jun-2005, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Oh Allen! Praise the Lord for continuing to hold you all in His arms and remind you of His presence. I pray that He will renew your strength, mind, spirit and body as you continue working through all of this. Only He knows why these things happen, but we know that He is in the past, present and the future at the same moment and that is a comfort indeed. I will also pray for Tiffany. I am not regular myself, and had many cysts on my ovaries. It is very painful, but quite common. I empathize with all of you. I pray that this diagnosis will be what Tiffany needs to get back on track and that the doctors will have wisdom to treat her properly. It is so tough, especially since it can take awhile for the right medicine to be found. Keep your faith strong, and don't lose sight of God's love and protection for you. We are here if you need anything, and are praying for you.

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 16-Jun-2005, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Allan,
I apologize for not paying any attention to this thread. I am glad things are looking up for you and your daughter. Kids are such a joy and terror at the same time!
I'll remember you all in prayer.

Like Rindy said, we're here for you.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 16-Jun-2005, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Allan --

I don't feel like I know you very well, but you've been wonderfully welcoming and kind to me as I've been figuring out how and where to participate on this site. So I want to tell you that I'm sorry your family has to go through this. Part of what I do is in this area of counseling with kids and families, so I would like to suggest something. Your daughter is entering a rocky puberty by the sound of it, and while I hope she will make a good adjustment very soon, with the appropriate kind of treatment (and thank God they're starting to figure out what that is), she's going to keep changing like any kid, but with this added burden. (It's been said that working with teens is like working on an engine with the engine running, even under the best of circumstances. smile.gif) You may see the main focus of the challenge as Tiffany, but you gotta also prioritize you and your wife very highly, so you have lots of care and support too -- friends, and your spiritual leader, but also the professional kind, as good and consistent as you can get. Then you can be the resource to each other as well as to her, without getting fried as a marriage. (Which I'm sure is already very evident to you. smile.gif )

It sounds like Tiffany was given this big challenge in her young life, but she was also given the blessing of a dad that really has it in him to understand her and see her through. I wish you all the strength and love you need.

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]