http://www.gunowners.org

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Bush administration, after more than seven years, has finally issued
regulations permitting the carrying of firearms in national parks. Gun
owners will soon be able to carry firearms according to the laws of the
state in which the park is located.

Slàinte,    

Patch

I saw this link on the NRA-ILA site. Havn't had a chance to read it yet.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 07-May-2008, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 06-May-2008, 09:03 PM)
Just received this.

Gun Owners of America E-Mail alert
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Slàinte,    

Patch

It is my understanding that it isn't "permanent" yet.

Slàinte,    

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 07-May-2008, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 07-May-2008, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 06-May-2008, 09:03 PM)
Just received this.

Gun Owners of America E-Mail alert
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Slàinte,    

Patch

It is my understanding that it isn't "permanent" yet.

Slàinte,    

Patch

Dk. Probably not.
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

It involves a rule change by the park service which I am told does not require legislative approval. Similar to a change in fees, camping rules or speed limits within the parks.

Slàinte,    

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 28-May-2008, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I was just notified that Ohio passed the "Castle Doctrine" and amendments to it's concealed carry law. this afternoon. The vote was veto proof though the Governor has indicated he will sign.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Finduella 
Posted: 29-May-2008, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (John Clements @ 06-May-2008, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 05-May-2008, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (maisky @ 05-May-2008, 05:41 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 05-May-2008, 08:42 AM)
Australia passed a law outlawing all but single shot long guns and required registration of those.  The last I read, violent crime had increased in Australia by 26% since gun control became effective.  Every one gets to choose how much risk they are willing to take.

Slàinte,     

Patch

I believe Australia was populated by transported Irish, much like the US. Hmm. Doesnt that sort of explain all the violence? rolleyes.gif

I believe that Australians was populated as a British prison colony. There was a diversified group from all of the British Empire. The increased violent crime I am talking about came after gun control was imposed. The Irish here settled mostly on our East coast. It does not explain the unusually high crime rates in California. (a gun control state) As the UK passed more stringent gun laws their violent crime rate increased even more than Australians. Their problems are now greatly attributed to Muslims. By violent crimes that would be Murder, Assault and Rape.

Slàinte,     

Patch

I’ll take good discussion over violence anytime, (as long as it gets some where)! (Anyway I guess being “unarmed” in Australia makes you an easy target.)
So let’s keep talking,
JC

Australia is an amazingly peaceful and laidback place!.
I just visited the National crime statistic website and here goes. Quote"the percentage of homicides commited with a firearm continue a declining trend which began in 1969 (the summer of love).

In 2003 fewer than 16% of homicides included firearms!.

Averges of people killed per year in the 2000's are 240 nationwide so less than 50 people per year are shot (and killed) in Australia a year !!!!!!!!!!! end quote"

We never even think about who is carrying a gun the only people who are, are bank robbers and crazy loons that you just can't stop anyway.

I am in my forties and have never seen a hand gun on the street or in doors.

Oh and the criminals in Melbourne had a gang war and managed to shoot themselves out without 1 civilian casualty which lead to the collapse of drug trade in Melbourne, So I would like to reassert that Australia is a sunny peaceful place to live without guns thanks very much !!!!!!!!!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 29-May-2008, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Finduella @ 29-May-2008, 07:57 AM)
I just visited the National crime statistic website and here goes. Quote"the percentage of homicides commited with a firearm continue a declining trend which began in 1969 (the summer of love).

Averges of people killed per year in the 2000's are 240 nationwide so less than 50 people per year are shot (and killed) in Australia a year !!!!!!!!!!! end quote"

We never even think about who is carrying a gun the only people who are, are bank robbers and crazy loons that you just can't stop anyway.

Oh and the criminals in Melbourne had a gang war and managed to shoot themselves out without 1 civilian casualty which lead to the collapse of drug trade in Melbourne, So I would like to reassert that Australia is a sunny peaceful place to live without guns thanks very much !!!!!!!!!

Thank you, m'dear. That squares with what other friends in Oz have told me. Nothing like a little report straight from the place and population. smile.gif beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 29-May-2008, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Finduella @ 29-May-2008, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE (John Clements @ 06-May-2008, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 05-May-2008, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (maisky @ 05-May-2008, 05:41 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 05-May-2008, 08:42 AM)
Australia passed a law outlawing all but single shot long guns and required registration of those.  The last I read, violent crime had increased in Australia by 26% since gun control became effective.  Every one gets to choose how much risk they are willing to take.

Slàinte,     

Patch

I believe Australia was populated by transported Irish, much like the US. Hmm. Doesnt that sort of explain all the violence? rolleyes.gif

I believe that Australians was populated as a British prison colony. There was a diversified group from all of the British Empire. The increased violent crime I am talking about came after gun control was imposed. The Irish here settled mostly on our East coast. It does not explain the unusually high crime rates in California. (a gun control state) As the UK passed more stringent gun laws their violent crime rate increased even more than Australians. Their problems are now greatly attributed to Muslims. By violent crimes that would be Murder, Assault and Rape.

Slàinte,     

Patch

I’ll take good discussion over violence anytime, (as long as it gets some where)! (Anyway I guess being “unarmed” in Australia makes you an easy target.)
So let’s keep talking,
JC

I agree Australia is a laid back country. You missed my point in that murder is not the only violent crime. Those would include assault, armed (with knife club etc.) robbery, kidnaping and rape. When the perp. feels "safe" those crimes increase. Our murder rate is not that far from yours when our respective populations are taken into consideration. Here too, we have gang wars where people are killed. They actually commit most of our firearm murders Occasionally non participants are involved if they stand and watch. I am sure we have more gangs than in Australia. Your 16% firearm murder rate is terribly high for a country that outlawed firearms. Any one carrying in a Country that has virtually outlawed firearms would definitely be a "crazy loon" as you say. However you admit the violent criminals do carry. I am fortunate to live in a country where my right to own (and carry) firearms is protected.

With the amount of money involved in the sale of drugs, you can't convince me that a new group of people did not step in and take over the business in Melbourne. In a while you law enforcement will figure out who the new players are.

Our Constitution and laws make it a LITTLE less likely that my daughters or grand daughters will be raped and that my children, grandchildren or I will be attacked or robbed. The present decline of the world economy will increase the likelihood of theft and assault, violent or otherwise. Prices are climbing and a close friend who manages a chain grocery store told me that food SHORTAGES are eminent! That in America.

I am glad that you have what you want in your country. I am going to fight to maintain what I want in mine too!

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Finduella 
Posted: 31-May-2008, 12:30 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

female

That's fair enough Patch.America is a totally different country and history , and yes there will always be drug lords cause people like drugs!!! And we' can agree to disagree on what stops or starts the escialation of crime! I'm out of here ,cheers
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]