Raven 
Posted: 20-Feb-2006, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

A large black Raven circles over the pub finally landing to perch outside a dark window to peer inside before entering

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 20-Feb-2006, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Chuckling appreciatively, Dreamer says "I can just imagine the scene that would have been! I'm really sorry I missed it! It seems you're right, though. I don't think he'd have given you crackers if he didn't like you - or trust you - so I'd say you've made a good impression, in spite of your "fun"!" Hamm appears then and, smiling quietly, refills their drinks. "Thank you, Hamm."

"Miss Cat, I believe you had asked me which Season I preferred, before I drifted off. I was thinking about that, gazing into the fire, and realized that my answer isn't the same as it would have been just a few years ago. I used to think that Spring was the best time of year because it brings such a relief from long, cold days and things are finally waking up again. Problem is, where I live, Winter seems to hang on until the last possible moment before Summer runs it over and out. Spring is just a fleeting whisper between them. So, I think that I'll have to say that early Autumn is my favorite time of year, at least for now. The hottest days have passed, but the warmth is still with us all, and the days are still long. We still have lots of time for outdoor activities, and for relaxing in the evenings. What do you think? Which Season do you love best?"

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Celtic cat 
Posted: 20-Feb-2006, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

"I think that I like the fall the best too, I love the activities durring the summerr and winterr though but fall has the best weatherr. We don't really have a sprring wherre I am from eitherr."

Cat answers Miss Dreamer's question then sits sniffing the air inquistively.

"Miss Drreamer do you smell a bird? I think he has returrned" smile.gif

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
Raven 
Posted: 20-Feb-2006, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

The Raven alights from his perch near the window and bursts through the door to the pub, pausing to glance about for a minute before motioning to Hamm for his usual and hopping up on his favorite stool once again.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 22-Feb-2006, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

The lady startles slightly at the sudden sound of wings, then realizes that Raven has indeed come back and smiles with delight. "Miss Cat, you are a wonder! (I don't think you need worry any longer about the impression you made with him.) Shall we join him? " Rising quietly, she moves to the seat next to Raven's favorite spot. "I'm very glad to see you again, Raven. I understand you've already met my friend Miss Cat. I'm sorry to have been dozing when you came in then, I don't know what came over me. Have you been traveling far lately?"
Raven 
Posted: 23-Feb-2006, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

Affording his best formal Raven stance, he bows low (whisky still dripping from his beak) to the wonderful lady who has now moved the bar for conversation. "Why yes, I have been traveling and have just returned from the east only 2 suns since. It is very good to see you again Miss Dreamer!"

Settles back again with his drink and casts a suspicious eye at the cat who is still sitting very close to his favorite stool.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 25-Feb-2006, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

The lady, seeing Raven's frequent glances towards Miss Cat, smiles reassuringly and says "Miss Cat and I have had some fun here together trying to play air hockey...trying! She certainly likes to keep things lively! We've enjoyed a nice long chat, too, about this and that, and I'm sure you'll find that she's really very nice -- she'd never harm anyone!" She sips her Bailey's, and wonders if Miss Cat is waiting for acceptance from Raven. Glancing out the window she notices snow flurries blowing! The wind seems to have picked up, and she's quite content to stay near the fire with her friends. Turning again to Raven (as Miss Cat waits patiently), she asks "How long was your trip? Did you enjoy your visit East? I hope the wind wasn't blowing so fiercely there, but was easy and gentle for travelers. Did you hear any interesting news while you were there?"
Celtic cat 
Posted: 27-Feb-2006, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Cat decides to make a peace treaty once and for all with her new feathered friend.

"Hamm please brring this dearr trravelur another glass of whiskey."

With that said. Cat uses her tail and sweeps some coinage over to Hamm then watches as they slide into his hand.
Raven 
Posted: 01-Mar-2006, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

Raven greedily downs his current drink so that he can immediately go to work on the next. Nodding his head in thanks to the now slightly blurry cat he suddenly snaps his head around to Dreamer and says,"When did they ad and air hockey table here?" takes a sip of his new glass and continues,"The winds were very strong in the east and made the flying a bit dicy, and I had to fight head wind both out and back. But it was a productive trip none the less."
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Mar-2006, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

oldraven was padding on down an old street he had nearly forgotten. To his right, he spies a familiar door. The pub. But something was off. He hadn't been round in a dogs age, but there it lie, under a perch by the window. The pitch feather of a Raven. It couldn't be. He slowly pried the door, and to his astonishment, there sat a familiar shape, beak dripping with liquid cheer. What's this?

Who's this, sitting on my stool? A cat, no less?

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 02-Mar-2006, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Cat notices a slightly more weathered raven walk in the pub with nearly the same look as her new drunk friend had when he had seen her for the first time. This new raven seems to be giving her a more confused look rather than a frightened one. She wonders what to do next. Should I offer him some peace whiskey, she ponders? Maybe she should consult the most familar face.

"Miss Drrreamer, look who just walked in, do you know him? Should I go say hello?"

Cat swishes her tail, anxiously but exiticitedly, in hopes of making yet another friend here in this quaint place.
oldraven 
Posted: 02-Mar-2006, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

The cat seemed a little out of sorts.

wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 02-Mar-2006, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

The lady delightedly regales her friend Raven with an account of her game of air hockey with Miss Cat, enjoying the interaction of her two friends, and Miss Cat willingly demonstrates some of her superb moves with the puck during the story. "Hamm must have installed the game last Fall, though I hadn't noticed it until recently." As she turns to ask Hamm if this is true the Pub's door slowly opens and, glancing that direction, she's very pleased to see a familiar face watching them in mild surprise. Beaming, she answers Miss Cat's question. " OldRaven!! How wonderful to see you again! You haven't been here in an age! How is your Jewel, and your wee one? Please come join us all, and meet our friend Miss Cat. We've been catching up with each other. Hamm, please bring another round! " She gives Hamm several beautiful stones in thanks for the drinks, and listens happily to her friends' news.....
oldraven 
Posted: 03-Mar-2006, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Hullo there. smile.gif All is well. My jewel is doing a fine job of keeping the nest, and planing the future, while the bairn is growing like a weed, a very smelly weed. wink.gif

oldraven hopped over to the bar and took a seat next to Dreamer. Hamm, with his unfading memory, and gentle spirit, set a tumbler of Glen down on a coaster for the dark bird. Thank you, my good man. He nodded a greeting to the Cat, and his old friend.

He turned back to the lady and continued the conversation. I actually have some news. We are flying East before the spring thaw. Home calls me back, and this time I must answer. So, what's new with you lot?
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 03-Mar-2006, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

Raven pulls his slobbering beak out of the now nearly empty glass of Bushmills and looks around blearily at the disturbance.

"Oldie is that you? (hic) Shorry for da cat in yer sthool (hic)"

Plops over on his back on stool bird feet sticking straight up in the air
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]