Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

Founded in 2000 by Professor Mick Moloney, The Washington Square Harp and Shamrock Orchestra (or WSHSO, for short) is based at New York University and made up of musicians from the City’s Irish music community. The WSHSO plays traditional Irish music and recalls the Irish-American dance bands of the early twentieth century, like The Four Provinces Orchestra, Dan Sullivan’s Shamrock Band, Pat Roche’s Harp and Shamrock Orchestra, and Erin’s Pride Orchestra.

The WSHSO performs regularly and has appeared at Symphony Space, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral, the American Irish Historical Society, the Consulate General of Ireland in New York, the Irish Arts Center, Town Hall, the University Club, the Manhattan Club at Rosie O’Grady’s, the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater, WFUV radio, New York’s City Hall, Battery Park, South Street Seaport Museum and, of course, NYU’s Glucksman Ireland House...

Read the full review here:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?item=996

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]