> Flagstaff, Arizona Highland Games 2007
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Jul-2007, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Well besides the rain on Saturday, I had a blast at the Flagstaff games. I had the pleasure of meeting and hugging (I am a hugger) both Donajhi and Haynes! Had a wonderful chat with both. They are both lovely people and I encourge you to get to know both if you ever have the opportunity as they are much more lovely and wonderful in person.

DJ! I am so very sorry I could not chat with you on Sunday afternoon. We were having a meeting at our camp with our Commander and I could not leave to be with you. So very very sorry!

For the rest of you, I am going to include a couple photos of us all. I am the one dressed like a poor Jacobite servant...but hey! Don't feel sorry for me, except what the heck happened to my apron?! unsure.gif Despite my apron, I was in much wonderful company of CR friends. Hope you enjoy the photos!

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 25-Jul-2007, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Rose, I gotta tell ya, that picture may turn up on milk cartons everywhere tongue.gif !

It was great fun to be able to chat! I'm hoping I can talk Mrs. Haynes9 into coming with me next year. She makes me look so much better in public wink.gif !

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Donajhi 
Posted: 25-Jul-2007, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

I agree with Mark, we do look like little lost waifs. But, as Rose has already said, it was a wonderful day. I will add more pictures as we go along, still somewhat confused as to how to post pictures. With that said, all had a wonderful time.

I met the, "The Wicked Tinkers", they stayed at our hotel. Very nice men. I also met and had conversation with, "Oceans Apart" and also, "The Knockabouts".
So much talent at one gathering was a bit overwhelming, but I did manage to maintain myself as a lady. As if..... drool.gif drool.gif

My daughter, Lynn, filmed some good footage of, "The Wicked Tinkers". I just don't know how to load it onto the website so you all can enjoy.

My grandson, Guy, was in hog heaven when he met, "Captain Jack". Will post a pic soon. The guy looked just like Depp, even his speach pattern was right on.

I also will post some of the "Men in Kilts", ya' babe, I got my wind..... dribble.gif eek.gif clap.gif

Mark and Rose are the very best. Greater people you will never meet, loved them both. Missed ya' Rose on Sunday, Guy twisted his ankle right after we left you. So we had to leave about an hour later.........Sorry, but we do have Tucson in Dec. coming up. So far I do not see any good bands booked, do you?

Time to get out of the way until next time..............

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Jul-2007, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

DJ! What???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Wicked Tinkers were staying at your hotel?! My hotel was next to yours! If I had known that, I would have ran there and bugged them! laugh.gif so good thing I did not know! hahaha! Glad you got to meet the other bands as well!

If you need help as to how to post pics, just holler. One of us will help.

The Tucson Celtic games are the first weekend in November. I will be posting a separate thread for that. Our 1745 Jacobite Society are in talks now to participate in that event.

Haynes, you are so silly! You think we could end up on milk cartons?! bahahahahaha I sure hope to meet Mrs Haynes next time! I hope you had a safe trip home. After you left, we had a major down pour of rain and hail. I got really depressed...baby me! cool.gif 364 days of the year it never rains, but it just had to rain that day and it got on my nerves! Plus, I was stuck in a tent with 20 or more pirates! LOL I realize I could never live in the Pacific Northwest, where I love it so much. I need sunshine!

Talk to you all soon! Much hugs to you both!
Donajhi 
Posted: 29-Jul-2007, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everyone. As Rose has already said, it did rain buckets. Just before the heavens opened up, we were talking to Rose. Turned to the caber toss across the way and loads of rain came down. Lynn told her son to run for the tent. Now between the 1745 tent and the main entertainment tent was the belly dancers tent. Yep, like a true highlander Guy run right for them with mom shouting wrong tent. The girls grabbed his hands and we all run. As we entered the big tent Oceans Apart was performing, "Irish Rain".
And it did, everyone was hooting and laughing. Oh yes, this tent also had a bar, need I say more? I felt kind of sorry for them as they, like real troopers, continued to sing long after their time was up to entertain the crowd.
Rose, "The Wicked Tinkers" enjoyed talking to Guy more than us. I think they were really missing their families. At least they will be closer to home for Aug. and Sept, Glendale California.
Anyway enough of that. I got the dates wrong for Tucson. goof.gif Leave it to me, a day late and a dollar short. Oh well, Rose you saved me and I want to say, Thank YOU! : hug.gif

Donajhi 
Posted: 29-Jul-2007, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Ok so something happened to my picture. Let me try again.
Flag 2007 Games

Rose, her commander in red, Haynes9 turned in back 0f us, my grandson
Guy Michael and myself.

CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Aug-2007, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks so much for sharing your photo, DJ!

Doesn't surprise me that the WT guys were into talking to Guy. Those guys are strong family men and love kids...from what I have ever seen in the last three years I have seen them.

I must post in the WT music thread though! I keep forgetting to do so..eep!
haynes9 
Posted: 02-Aug-2007, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

That rain was a mess, wasn't it? One poor gal was just plain freaking out in her seller's tent. She had lost everything during a show in Arlington, Texas, due to a microburst. She was running around trying to get things safe.

Looking forward to next year! It was great to finally meet both of you. Donajhi, that photos was great! It showed my best side - covered tongue.gif !

I probably won't be able to make Tucson. Just a bit too much of a drive for a Saturday turnaround.

You all take care and stay dry! We are in monsoon season here.
valpal59 
Posted: 02-Aug-2007, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Thank-you so much for the pictures. It looked like everyone had a great time. Someday.......

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Aug-2007, 03:22 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Your very welcome, Valpal! Glad you enjoyed the photos!

Haynes! did you encounter a lot of rain while driving home? I thought about this a lot and been wanting to ask you. I trust you made it home safely!
Donajhi 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Another pic from Flagstaff Games.
I know, I'm slow.......Sorry

The is Myself and Rosemary (Celtic Rose)
Donajhi 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Okay, so it went all wonky.
Take 2

Donajhi 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

One more, if you can stand it.
Guy Micheal's favortie
Captian Jack & Guy (he is in kilts, just can't see for the table)

CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Sep-2007, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Loved your pics, DJ! Except for the ones of me...eck! I just don't photograph well.

That guy who portrayed Captain Jack was really cool, wasn't he? I have no idea what his name was. Never met him before. He is part of the SCA. He and his fellow SCA comrades were invited to our camp to do a pirate demo and skit. Did you see the skit? It was hilarious! A couple people from the Highland Rogues who were camped next to us are professional actors and they put the skit together. My group, the 1745 Jacobite Society, are more living historian folks. We put on demonstrations and talk Scottish history. I take the photos! rolleyes.gif wink.gif

When I get all my photos copyrighted, I will post a link on here to my photo album here to share more from that weekend. Taking me forever though cause I take too many photos! B

Thanks for sharing yours in the meantime, DJ! See ya soon in Tucson!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Sep-2007, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Ok, I am going to post this link in both here and in the medieval forum for us re-enactors.

I am posting this link here so you can see my crazy wonderful 1745 Jacobite group. We were asked to do a pirate theme due to the recent release of the Pirates of the Caribean movie. There are several other demonstrations photographed as well by me. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rosemary.deser...key=7m542N8E9Xc

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]