Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
245,963 Gold!

Ahh, nothing better than clear blue skies, warm sun, green grass and green trees. Beautiful day in the northeast, although we had some terrible thunderstorms last nite. Hope everyone is enjoying June!  :D

::sunsmiley

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 01-Jun-2002, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

We have been getting some nice sunny skies with temps in the high 80's and low 90's until this afternoon.  We had a bad thunderstorm to roll in with some heavy downpours. It scared my horse so bad, I had to stay in the barn with her until it was over.  She's like a child, wherever you go she follows.  Of course, she is spoiled rotten.  :D

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Jun-2002, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
245,963 Gold!

My daughter absolutely loves horses! In fact, she has turned our 4 dogs into horses! She sets up jumps in the back yard and pretends they are horse. In fact, I am certain that I am going to come down one morning and hear horses instead of barking.

She works at a barn and earns credits for cleaning the stalls for lessons. The only problem is she has so many stall credits built up the owner insisted that she be signed up for jumping lessons, etc. because she felt guilty! She's hoping to go to agriculatural school this fall if she gets accepted!

Hope those thunderstorms are not coming are way. Is it my imagination or does it seem that we are getting more thunderstorms this year?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 01-Jun-2002, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Oh so jealous. Would love to get a horse but not many areas to ride around here and local stables are expensive to house horses so... :(

Went horse back riding a few years ago in the rockies was nice also took a sunrise horseback riding in Bermuda back in 92 was great though lady who was our guide took bad photos took to much into the sun :( but was still great walking on the beach overlooking clear blue ocean.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 01-Jun-2002, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

We haven't had many here maybe 3 tops and thats less then normal around here as we usually have heavy late spring early summer storms.
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 01-Jun-2002, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Horses are great.  Last year my horse was expecting to foal in August.  My husband and I stayed with her at the barn for the longest time, always checking on her to make sure she was ok. Wouldn't you know she had her little philly when we wasn't around. The morning she had her was so exciting. I was calling everyone to tell them about the new baby.  :D  
That's great Macfive, that your daughter works for her lessons.  That teaches a child responsibility. I know about mucking out those barns.  It builds muscles and character.  Does your daughter like to watch horse racing?  I like to watch the Kentucky Derby, not so much for the racing its self, but to look at those beautiful horses.  Horses are wonderful, they require alot of attention and love.  I think your daughter and me would get along real well.  :D

maggiemahone1
scottish2 
Posted: 02-Jun-2002, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Ah you know what they say about a watched kettle.

And you should post sopme pictures of your horses.

Also went to the Derby back in 92 was a lot of fun all the horses and such.  :)
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 02-Jun-2002, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Actually I do have 1 picture of her posted .  It's in the celtichearts index of maggiemahone1. The picture was taken last month.  She still has some of her winter fur on her.  Now she has shed it all and is so sleek and shiny. You can see a big difference.

More rain this morning with thunderboomers and the humidity is really up.  Maybe the sun will come out later. I sure do hope so.  ::sunsmiley
Everyone had a good day!

maggiemahone1
scottish2 
Posted: 02-Jun-2002, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Nice looking horse!  :)
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 03-Jun-2002, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

Well Macfive your fears can come true; at least for my hubby it did. He was put out, but he was warned. The barn raising is sceduled for the first week in July.
Her name is Moca Fudge. She is 3 years old and was delivered while we were out on my daughters bithday.  Not sure what she is but we just call her a cobb. Welch? She was in pasture with a POA stallion; so my granddaughter has it in her head that Moca is having a baby on her birthday in Feb.
Now I got to find a sidesaddle or a pattern for one. They never said anything about them in my leather working classes.
How do I get to the link to see maggie's horse.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 03-Jun-2002, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 03-Jun-2002, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Thanks, scottish2 for posting my picture.  You said you went to the Derby,  I would love to go there and see all those horses.  I did watch the derby this year and the Preakness Stakes in Maryland.  Maybe I'll win the contest sponsored by Diamond Cut Jeans for a free trip next year to the Derby.
So you have a horse too, Cabbagehome.  My horse is a 14 year old Standardbred. At one time she was with the United States Trotters Association.  She has a tatoo inside her lip with her number on it. The last time she foaled her philly was a red tobiano, she was bred to a Tennesee Walker.  I hope to breed her again whenever the time is right with her.

If anyone looks at the picture of my horse, the real Maggie Mahone is the 4 legged one.  We have matching hair.  I call it Maggie Red.  :D

maggiemahone1
scottish2 
Posted: 03-Jun-2002, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

No problem

And yeah went in 91 (Correction from previous post where I said 92, 92 went to Japan fpr my sirst but certainly not last time)

Went to the Derby though with my then girlfriend (Now wife  :) ) and her father. Had a lot of fun was our first trip together the first of many as we traveled a lot while he was still alive as he wanted to see the US and Canada had a lot of fun though lots of people and lots of great horses.  :)
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 03-Jun-2002, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

The first horse brought to this new house was Red, a 15 hand 22 yr. old quarter horse gelding with old King Ranch bloodlines. My son's girl friend brought him over because of her sister's new stallion. For 2 winters he had the place to himself, while I looked for a pony for my granddaughter. Meanwhile my youngest daughter started craving her own horse, as Red was a one rider kind of guy.   It was chanch that found us Moca Fudge, we had gone to see a 10 yr old POA mare in foul. Both ponys and had been rescued and were people shy.  When my daughter saw Fudge running across the field with the rest of the herd, she just fell in love. with her gait.  I said OK and Fudge was delivered. Red was spoiled before he came here, after he got here he had 3 more people to boss around. He took to having company like it was his due.  2 days after we got Fudge, Kelly brought over her 24 yr old 13 hd pony mare. The first time we took the girls out to munch the long grass to help their weight, Red pitched a hissy fit. The grand kids pulled long grass and took it to him in the feild.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 04-Jun-2002, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I used to ride a darkbrown "Holsteiner"-Thoroughbred-Mix Mare named Mitsoo, but she died last winter. She was already 19 when I got to know her and her companions Rosy (German Pony) and Spitzi (Hannoveraner). She was old but still nothing could keep her from jumping and running. Whenever she saw a Cavaletto she jumped over it and she loved it to run over the empty fields after harvest. I started to ride her more carefully after her 22th Birthday but she always wanted to run.
She died suddenly last winter at the age of 26. I loved here dearly.
Now I'm riding a y5 ShireHorse named Lynn. She loves to play soccer with a huge Ball and my brother and with the other 2 Shires and an y20 old "Westfale".
Last Spring Lynn faked a pregnancy (we all thought that Wolle was to blame for it although he was castrated a few weeks ago...).

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]