Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> George Donaldson Of Celtic Thunder, Passes away at 46.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Mar-2014, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,441 Gold!

user posted image

"George Donaldson had been the face of the band Celtic Thunder since he joined in 2007, but now the 46-year-old has died after suffering a massive heart attack.

Donaldson died Wednesday at his home in Glasgow, Scotland. The self-taught musician joined the group Celtic Thunder six years ago after auditioning for producer Sharon Browne, and served as the principal singer since then.

Donaldson was remembered as an accomplished flute and guitar player whose love of Celtic music came from his late father Bernard. The late George Donaldson said one of the greatest achievements of his life was playing for his father at the Celtics opening match of the 2000 season at Celtic Park in Glasgow."

http://www.inquisitr.com/1171016/george-do...t-attack-at-46/

This is a tremendous loss to us all. We will surely miss George's musical talent and charisma that he shared on the stage and in his recordings. When George smiled singing on stage, he had an uplifting effect that made you forget about the world's troubles. We certainly are going to miss him very much...

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Mar-2014, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,441 Gold!

Celtic Thunder has set up a memorial page if you wish to post a note to the band:

"I beg of our fans and friends to respect our mourning and grieving during this difficult time, we would also ask you to hold off contacting the family, cast or crew directly during this period. We are all trying to come to terms with it, everyone is struggling to absorb the shock and deal with their feelings of loss.

We are setting up a memorial page for George on the CT site. The announcement is there, along with the opportunity for everyone to post their sympathies on the page. Here is the link"

https://www.celticthunder.ie/content/george...rge-donaldson-0
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
heartsong 
Posted: 14-Mar-2014, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
53,319 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

An amazing singer, songwriter and person that will be greatly missed by those who were blessed to know him and his music.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Grace2302 
Posted: 14-Mar-2014, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tampa, FL

female

This is heartbreaking news. Thoughts and prayers are for his family, especially for his wife Carolyn and daughter Sarah, his friends and his fans.
I was priviledged to have met and seen George perform many times with Celtic Thunder and during his solo tours. He was incredibly talented, humble and funny. He will be missed. Rest in peace George.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 14-Mar-2014, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Truly a terrible loss for the industry, but by all accounts I have seen, an even worse loss because of the quality person he was. My son and his wife had just seen the group in November.

May we understand that life is all too brief at times and to embrace those we love now while there is time.

May the Lord provide that comfort that only He can give.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ryansgirl 
Posted: 15-Mar-2014, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Florida

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #72
61,840 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

I was totally stunned when I read that he passed away. 46 is too young to die of a heart attack. He was an amazing singer and performer of Celtic Thunder. My condolences go out to his family and the rest of Celtic Thunder.
You will be missed George. RIP. angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif
PMEmail Poster               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 17-Mar-2014, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

He is not gone. Heavenly Father needed more music in Heaven so He called George Home. He is there watching over his family and friends. All the clans have gathered and they are having a St. Patrick's Day dance. He is playing his music for Father.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]