Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> This Weekend, What do you have going on?
3Ravens 
Posted: 29-Aug-2003, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

Had ACLS class all day today(Fri). For the nonmedical types, that's Advanced Cardiac Life Support. I am now fully requalified to attempt to restart your ticker if it stops ticking!
Have to work four 12hr shifts Sat thru Tues, 7PM to 7AM. After that I get 6 days off, WHOOHOO!

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 29-Aug-2003, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Leo, how are you going to cook that beef? I assume from your title it will be on the grill in some fashion. Do you use sauce, or a rub, or what?
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 30-Aug-2003, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

I plan to spend my entire weekend out here in the pool. I have moved into an apartment building that used to be a hotel in the 50s - very nice, solid concerete block construction (good thing in Hurricane areas) and since it used to be a hotel, there is a full sized swimming pool here. I like to tease and say I finally have my own "cee - ment pond!"

So I will put on my new swimsuit, rub on the suntan oil, baste every 30 minutes minutes or so, turning to lightly roast all areas, to lightly brown this milky white night-shift skin of mine. I sat out a little too long last weekend and wound up getting a bit scorched. I am enjoying working the day shift again. It is tiresome to work with people who are awake and depending on you, but much more enjoyable.

The swimming is working wonders for tightening and toning my muscles too! cool.gif

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 30-Aug-2003, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Ah ha, cooking the beef. (Actually this is in response to 3Ravens question, but then, it would probably apply as well if one wanted to try it while basting beside the pool. tongue.gif )

A whole filete weighs about 3 lbs. Carefully trim all of the white stringy stuff off (you will need a really really sharp knife) or have the meat cutter guy trim it if he knows what he is doing. Then cut it in slices about 2 inches thick, across the grain. Wrap each piece in good bacon, forming it into that nifty round shape. Make a sauce of butter, red wine, one entire head of garlic smashed (I smash mine with a smooth river rock) and salt. Be sure and let this cool off good, and then soak the meat in that for about ten minutes, being sure to coat both sides with lots of garlic.

Of course none of this is done until the fire is ready. I use the local charcoal which is not compressed or anything and is made from mangrove. I usually start the fire first with Nance (a local hardwood that has small yellow berries and is nice and aromatic), add lots of charcoal since this stuff burns faster then the briquet thingies that are impossible to light.

When all that stuff is done, then put the meat over the hot charcoal just a few inches from the coals, and cook however you want it done. I like mine just barely past the rare stage. (The beef we buy out here is almost all Brahma, which has a little different flavor then Angus, somewhat stronger and definitely tougher, although the filete is always nice and tender, this is all range beef too, even if you can manage to find Angus, which is only raised up in the Volcan area in western Panama.)

There it is, after that, you can throw some mushrooms in the leftover wine and butter and garlic sauce stuff and saute them a few minutes, if you want the sauce a little thicker then just thicken it however you normally would thicken sauce. It is good over white rice with the meat. Or heat it really good and throw in a few prawn or here there is a thing they call camarones del rio (which look sorta like crawdads, but aren't) and serve them as well.

A good salad with lots of olives and onions and tomatoes, and lots of really cold beer and maybe a few friends to munch along with and who can tell you how good it was, and some good music like Dorindo Cardenas or Alfredo Escudero, or Oswaldo Ayala with that neat sounding Panamanian accordian, and it is a perfect day.

Oh yeah, one nice thing is that filete is the most expensive cut of beef down here, it costs $2.49 a lb. biggrin.gif

Leo cool.gif , who is now hungry, and can taste that garlic sauce already.

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 30-Aug-2003, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Yummmm, that sounds wonderful. Just what part of the cow is the filete?
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 30-Aug-2003, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I've been watching two brands of football today-American collegiate on ESPN and British Premier League on Fox Sports World (Liverpool vs. Everton-Liverpool kicked ass 3-0). Tonight, guess what? More college football biggrin.gif !

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
magoo_ns 
Posted: 31-Aug-2003, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Nova Scotia

male

Got invited to go sea kayaking with some buds tomorrow. Going to explore this harbour:
user posted image

There's a gale warning and small craft advisory out, so conditions should be perfect!

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 02-Sep-2003, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Hi everyone!!!! Seems like I haven't been here in a week.
I hope that everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was great! smile.gif Friday my wife and I ate dinner and watched the Bengals pre season game. My wife (jody) is a HUGE Bengals fan.
Saturday, the band headed towards Wheeling, WV to play. ( About 30 mins outside wheeling) Had a great time!!!! The weather was nice and it wasn't very humid. It was nice to be near the mountains again. thumbs_up.gif This group of people we play for are BIG mead drinkers. Boy do they put it away! WOW! Fun people, love to dance!

Sunday I slept VERY late. Since I didn't get home until very, very late. Then me wife and I went shopping for flower bulbs. smile.gif Had dinner at a nice little Mexician rest. and came home watched the firework display that the local radio station has been doing for 30 years to end the summer. It was a really good display, and the soundtrack they had with it was great! Then watched Bowling for Colinbine.

That pretty much wraps up my little weekend.... laugh.gif

beer_mug.gif Cheers

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Anyone been to Waltons Mountain! My hubby and I are headed that way tomorrow evening after I get off of work. Whoo Hoo!!! Just the two of us! wink.gif Of course, it's just the two of us at home. biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Aon_Daonna 
  Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

It is 3:24 am and I am waiting for my dad to arrive... he is going to spend the weekend here but right now he is stuck on the motorway near Lancaster (accident)...
So I sit here, the only person awake in this household with a big mug of coffe.. waiting......... sad.gif

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Hope he's alright, AD. thumbs_up.gif sad.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Two of my children are in their first jiu-jitsu tournament this weekend. Today was my 10th wedding anniversary which my wife and I spent in the hospital with our youngest child. Kaelan has been in since Tuesday and will hopefully be released tomorrow. So besides the tournament, we are just planning on spending time together.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 02-Oct-2003, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Aon Daonna, sorry to hear of your Father's delay, I could not tell if was just delayed or involved. Hopefully everyone is OK and will be home with you soon.

Keltic, Congratulations on You and your Wife's 10th anniversary. I am sure you had better plans to spend the evening other than in a Hospital. Children are young and they bounce back quicker than we do. Hope all is well with Kaelan. At least you should not forget what you did on your 10th anniversary, Right?

May you both walk in balance with Creator.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
3Ravens 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Maggie,
If you have time, try to get to Crabtree Falls. It's beautiful!
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 03-Oct-2003, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Thank you Richard for the wishes. The fact that we were together on our anniversary is what was important. We are already thinking about what we are going to do on Kaelan's 10th anniversary. Never too early to start planning. He was released today and has been given a clean bill of health.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]