Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Save Net Radio Coalition, Help Save Internet Radio!
SaveNetRadio.org 
Posted: 16-May-2007, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Thank you once again for your support of the SaveNetRadio campaign. As you know, the future of internet radio is in serious jeopardy. Thanks to all your letters and calls to Congressional representatives the “Internet Radio Equality Act ", H.R. 2060, has been co-sponsored by over 70 Representatives in just 2 short weeks!

Now internet radio needs your help again: Due to the amazing momentum of the Internet Radio Equality Act in the House of Representatives, Senators Ron Wyden of Oregon and Sam Brownback of Kansas have introduced a companion bill in the Senate, S. 1353, also named “The Internet Radio Equality Act.”

We ask that you take a moment to now call your Senators to ask them to co-sponsor S. 1353, The Internet Radio Equality Act, introduced by Senators Ron Wyden of Oregon and Sam Brownback of Kansas.

In addition, if you have not called your representative in the House yet, we ask that you make this call as well to ask your representative to co-sponsor H.R. 2060, The Internet Radio Equality Act, introduced by Rep. Jay Inslee of Washington.

To find the phone numbers for your Senators and for your Congressional representative, as well as talking points for the calls, please visit http://capwiz.com/saveinternetradio/home/ and enter your zip code.

As you can see from the speed at which the House bill is picking up co-sponsors, your phone calls are an extremely effective way to pressure your representatives in Congress to lend their support to internet radio.

Your opinion matters to your representatives, and it matters to us. Without your support these bills could not have been introduced and without your continued support they cannot be passed.

Please visit SaveNetRadio.org to continue following the fight to Save Internet Radio.

Thank you,

The SaveNetRadio Coalition

To donate to the SaveNetRadio campaign please visit https://ssl.capwiz.com/saveinternetradio/fu...9704731&type=FR.
Any amount is greatly appreciated and thanks once again for your support.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 16-May-2007, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I see my reps are not on the list. I'm not surprised but I think I will have to bug them again. My last email from the brobdingnagian bards contained a link to the saveinternetradio site so some progress is being made. Anybody thought of emailing some of the political loudmouths like O'Reily or Frankkan or even Howard Stern? We might as well put them to good use for a change.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 17-May-2007, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

84 cosponsors now! Interesting in that this is not a "liberal vs. conservative issue. Denis Kucinich (maybe the most liberal member of congress) and Ron Paul (most conservative) have both signed on to the bill. Keep dripping!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
subhuman 
Posted: 20-May-2007, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

Ergo, I've never bought a 'Music' CD-R. No point. Data is data. So what if that data just happens to be a linear 16 bit PCM stream at 44.1Khz?

Glad to see you already realize what's going on. I like to bring it up once in a while to try to spread the word to the masses. There's no reason to put extra money in the RIAA's pocket if it gains nothing else.
I have a few grudges against the RIAA, going back a few years. I like to hurt them whenever and whereever I can. They are, IMHO, one of the truly evil organizations on the planet, and they have begun to spread (example, the ARIA- Australian Recording Industry Association).
The problem is thus- these are recording industry associations, or so they call themselves. They are for the labels- and not even all of them, just the big ones. This isn't an artists' association. It's a bunch of lawyers hired by some huge multinational companies whose only agenda is to find some little folk to bully money out of.
It would be like the oil companies hiring mob muscle to go beat up schoolkids and take their lunch money.
The RIAA can't expect internet radio to pay the royalties. They realize that the overwheming majority would shut down, resulting in no additional income for the RIAA. Even if the remaining few do manage to pay, the amounts will be a negligable percentage of the RIAA member organizations' income.

Damn, I went and got started when I promised myself I wouldn't... I'll stop now, even though most of this is only half-formed.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 23-May-2007, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

An interview concerning this situation;

http://www.truthdig.com/interview/item/200...internet_music/
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 23-May-2007, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,623 Gold!

Well, there seems to be a huge drop in listening numbers over at Live365. I know we need to have the campaign to save net radio, but their business is sure taking a whollup!

A tribute to the members and listeners of Highlander Radio. Because we have such a strong web presence our rank is increasing at Live365. We are now the #1 Celtic Radio station and we are the 88th most popular channel!

Celtic Moon and Celt Rock Radio are increasing listenership in the face of this all.

Way to go members! Thank you so much!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-May-2007, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,623 Gold!

Pay close attention to these two reps: Reps. Howard Berman (D-CA) and Howard Coble (R-NC), Not sure what they are up to, but seems like they maybe sleeping with SoundExchange!

Monday's SoundExchange offer to small webcasters to reauthorize the rates and terms of the Small Webcaster Settlement Act of 2002 (with some unspecified modifications) was, according to the press release, supposedly spurred by a letter from Reps. Howard Berman (D-CA) and Howard Coble (R-NC), the Chairman and ranking minority member, respectively, of the House Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet and Intellectual Property (See RAIN coverage here).

Copies of the Berman-Coble letter, apparently released by SoundExchange to various journalists earlier this week and subsequently obtained by RAIN, are surprisingly interesting.

Specifically, of the five-page document, almost four pages are devoted to a defense of the CRB decision! And a careful read of the document reveals that most of the Berman-Coble letter's language almost precisely mimics the verbiage employed by the recording industry -- i.e., on the SoundExchange website and in various other SoundExchange press releases.

In other words, the Berman-Coble letter, oddly enough, primarily argues to SoundExchange SoundExchange's own precise arguments!

The letter also includes a previously-unannounced request by Berman and Coble for SoundExchange to achieve"resolution"... "no later than June 15, 2007" and notes that the writers "plan to advance legislation if we determine that it is the public interest."

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
mingkee 
Posted: 05-Jun-2007, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

this is a shame that US record industry is way too greedy
netradios are not as many as foreign countries
I can listen radio stations (traditional/net only) from UK/Scotland/Ireland/Hong Kong easier than US stations
this is bad to output US information and culture

--------------------
a Chinese Celt from Hong Kong
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 14-Jun-2007, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Here is the response I just recieved from one of my reps in congress...
This should be a clickable link to the full size reply.

user posted image

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 22-Jun-2007, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Is Highlander Radio going to participate in the Day of Silence in conjunction with SaveNetRadio.org on Tuesday, june 26?

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 23-Jun-2007, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 14-Jun-2007, 03:34 PM)
Here is the response I just recieved from one of my reps in congress...
This should be a clickable link to the full size reply.

user posted image

Your response was pretty close to the same thing that I got.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 24-Jun-2007, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,623 Gold!

Yes, we will be participating with the National Day of Silence with our 3 Live365 streams. My understand is that preferred VIP members will hear a short message about the days events, and then be connected to our broadcast.

Standard members will be redirected to a message or show about the Days events.
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Jun-2007, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 22-Jun-2007, 05:05 PM)
Is Highlander Radio going to participate in the Day of Silence in conjunction with SaveNetRadio.org on Tuesday, june 26?

Today must be the day then...keep writing those people in congress... thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Jun-2007, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,623 Gold!

Alot of internet radio sites today went totally silent and even shutdown their websites. Apparently the response was overwhelming to the Congressional servers and phone lines to reps were busy!

A massive response by listeners to today's ongoing "Day of Silence" event has overwhelmed the web and database servers being used by SaveNetRadio.org and is tying up switchboards in Congressional offices all over Capitol Hill as a deluge of online radio listeners have rushed to contact their representatives to ask them to co-sponsor the "Internet Radio Equality Act."

Beginning just before 10AM CT, the SaveNetRadio.org site saw huge numbers of visitors begin to arrive, coming from links set up by webcasters participating in today's event.

Shortly thereafter, the section of the site that lets users look up contact information for their Congressmen and Senators, (powered by Capitol Advantage's CapWiz) was crippled by large numbers of users trying to simultaneously access their reps' information.

According to a representative from SaveNetRadio, "This is by far the biggest one-day load [CapWiz] has ever been hit with, and they are adding servers and moving all available resources ASAP." The website is in the process of revising its home page to ask listeners to try again later this afternoon or tomorrow.

Meanwhile, listeners who do get the contact information for their representatives are having trouble getting through to the offices, as most House  and Senate staff office phone numbers seem to be nonstop busy signals at the moment.

Lets hope this sends a message loud and clear to Congress and our Government!
Aaediwen 
Posted: 27-Jun-2007, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Amen to that! Let's hope they listen to a group big enough to bring 5 seperate systems to their knees at a whim just out of a sheer volume of legitimate traffic.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]