Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

It seems prayer is the only way we can help now. sad.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Nov-2004, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Your ever so very right, OR!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Nov-2004, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Would you mind saying a prayer for my father. He is 83 fell broke his back and two ribs. He was living alone. Guess that will be no more. He says if he has to go to a home his life is over. So guess we will see what happens. I just hate to see people in pain, why do we have to go through pain.

Thanx to all of you
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Rindy, I am so sorry that your dad has been injured. I will certainly pray for his quick recovery, and I want to let you know that you aren't the only one here who has aging parents. My parents are both 83. Our parents are so important to us and it is hard when the roles are reversed. If you need a sounding board, this might be an ideal place. There are many of us that are dealing with difficult decisions regarding our aging parents. We could probably all help each other with some of the choices that need to be made.

But for now, may you feel the comfort of knowing that God's love is always with you, and lots of prayers are being sent your way. Take special care of yourself during this time. You are important too!!
hug.gif Jan

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Rindy, I want to add my prayers for your Dad and for guidance for yourself to be able to make the right decisions...My thoughts are with you and despite of all you will have to deal with in the nearer future...don't forget to be good to yourself as well. Bluegrass Lady said this so well...you are important, too! smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
cori 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

Rindy,
I will be praying for you and for your dad. I hope he makes a quick recovery. smile.gif

--------------------

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks so much to all of you. It helps to know there might be a few extra prayers out there.

Thank you, thumbup.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Rindy! I also will be praying for you and your dad. Keep us posted on how he is doing!
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thank you Rose. I am heading out of town again tomorrow. I will let you know when I get back. Thank you once again.
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 08-Nov-2004, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Hey Rindy,

I am so sorry to hear of your father's injuries! Please know that I will be praying for you and your father.

Susanna

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Nov-2004, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks again to all of you. He is still in the hospital. He is on a lot of morphine, in a lot of pain. If he does make it and comes home he will have to have a live in nurse. Just can't do the nursing home thing.

Thanks again
Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Rindy! Been very anxious to hear as I have been praying for you and your dad. I am sorry he is suffering so. There are some really hard decisions you are having to make now. I am sure your dad appreciates you getting him a live-in nurse as opposed to the nursing home, but you know what is the best decision for you and your father both. Keep us posted and I will continue to pray for his healing and some normalcy in your life and family as well. I know it is hard on you and your family as well. Take care! smile.gif
celtic from cali 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

I beleive it was Elspeth who started this thread and I noticed Celticrose is a real prayer warrior, how awesome of you to be so loving. I dropped in this page to see what all of the christian forums are and this is a blessing!
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Welcome to the forum, celtic from cali! Glad to have you here!

I'll add an update on my aunt. She has moved into a coma, and is peaceful and in no more pain. We are so grateful to God for this. He has truly, truly provided answers to all our prayers about this. What a wonderful gift. She will go from my uncle's arms to Jesus' with no stress and pain we hope. Thank you all for your prayers! They have been answered! And I am so grateful for the kindness and support that has been shpwn to me here on this site. So thank you all.

I will miss my aunt terribly, I love her so much. But I can take comfort in God and the knowledge that she is in a better place. Someone shared this little story with me, from Randy Alcorn's book "Heaven" and I thought I would share it with ya'll, too. It gave me so much comfort!

"I'm standing on the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She's an object of beauty and strength and I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and the sky come down to mingle with each other. And then I hear someone at my side saying, "There, she's gone."
Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side. And just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
And just at the moment when someone at my side says,"There, she's gone," there are other eyes watching her coming, and there are other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!" "

How wonderful that is, to know that while we are saying goodbye, others are eagerly awaiting her coming!

Thanks again for your prayers. They have truly been a blessing.
PMMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Susie, I am very glad to hear your aunt has left her pain behind her. It is s grace.
My granny died of cancer. We've lost her in only four weeks since we got this result. She was a wonderful and shining person andt truely, I have never seen anyone before who was going his/her lasz days as she did...in undiscribable dignity.
Right when her pains reached the phase of becoming umbearable a big ulcus in her stomach opened and she fell into a coma and went peacefully and in dignity the other day.
I was so grateful and it was such a comfort for all of us that she had been allowed to go home this way.

And finally thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story...it's simply wonderful !
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]