MacErca 
Posted: 27-Apr-2004, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Mac looking around and noticing that the group looked more than ready to end this quest, spoke up and said Aye laddie I guess that you could say that we are ready come what may, so let's go, and put an end to this fowl beasties short lived reign."

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
MacErca 
Posted: 27-Apr-2004, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

As they approached the cave they could see the battle that had taken place during the previous weeks, a small sliver of smoke was rising from the mouth curling toward the sky, a few curious things that they noticed on the trail to the cave , the absence of any wildlife, no birds nor animals of any kind and the forest that should be here was just a ghost of a forest dead and dying trees everywhere you looked, and the decomposing bodies of the fallen Orcs were strewn everywhere, it was then that they noticed that some of the bodies were partially eaten, Mac was the first to say something ?Och what manner of fowl beastie would eat something so fowl, it must be evil indeed or near to starving.?

The group entered the cave and started on a downward trail that took them past more bodies, winding down, and down it seemed to the very bowels of the earth itself, up ahead there was an area that was clear as the troop reached the clearing they noticed a large chamber up ahead, Mac and Highlander were in the lead as they entered the chamber, they were followed by Rider and Labban and the rest of the troop, Mac exclaimed ?By the Gods look at that!? all eyes turned in the direction he was pointing and they saw carved into the wall a dragon that looked like it was holding a carved sign in it?s front talons written in some ancient verse, and there at it?s feet were three things carved in stone, a sword, a battle axe, and a shield, Mac strode up to the large carving about to touch it when Rider Shouted ?No don?t touch it, it may be a trap, wait lets look at it first?
As they were inspecting the carving Aaediwen spoke up "I recognize that writing, and it is a riddle and he began to speak it aloud,

?A lonely wanderer, wounded with iron, I am smitten with war-blades, sated with strife,
Worn with the sword-edge; I have seen many battles, Much hazardous fighting, oft without hope
Of comforts or help in the carnage of war Ere I perish and fall in the fighting of men.
The leavings of hammers, the handiwork of smiths, Batter and bite me, hard-eged and sharp;
The brunt of the battle I am doomed to endure. In all the folk-stead no leech could I find
With wort or simple to heal my wounds; But day and night with the deadly blows
The marks of the war-blades double and deepen .What am I
??

As they thought about the riddle Rider had noticed that the three carvings were positioned in such a way that they could be pushed in, noticing this she said ?before we touch anything be sure of our answer, there no telling what may happen if we chose the wrong one? with that statement they started noticing that behind the carving there were some levers attached to each carving, inspecting further they found directly opposite from the carving holes in the wall with what looked like darts stuck into the holes, then on the ceiling there was suspended a large round disc shaped object. Labban spoke up and said, ?One wrong choice will be the death of us all, so choose wisely?, at that moment Mac said ?It has to be the Battle axe? Highlander spoke up and said ?No it has to be the Sword?, then silence, it was then that we noticed that Labban was deep in thought, then smiling he said ? I have to answer it?s the shield? at that we all agreed, Labban reached out and pushed the shield, at that moment a barrier formed across the cave to seal off the rest of the group from the ones at the carving try as they could, they could not pass.

As they were fussing with the barrier Rider noticed that another wall of the cave was opening to reveal a winding set of stone steps ascending up in the cave and on these steps was a dragon, with a large number of Orc?s flooding into the cavern.

PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Highlander 
Posted: 29-Apr-2004, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

At the sight of the Orcs and Dragon the Highlanders blood boiled with berserker fury, drawing his swords he said to Rider "we will take care of these beasts from hell me lady you take care of the fire breather, I do not feel like being a main course of BAKED HIGHLANDER this evening" with that he laughed and said to the men, "tis not many but then neither we be" let none escape with his head!!!!

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
PMEmail Poster               
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 30-Apr-2004, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

My master and I move toward the orcs. Fighting back to back and dropping globes of darkness and faerie fire we slice orcs right and left. We move up toward the Dragon Master.

Our mission is to protect her at all costs. The Dark Lady wants her dead from some reason and I am not about to let that happen. My master takes her left and I to her right. My spells are prepared and if the Lady Rider should be in grave danger I am to transport her and I to safety.

My master dances to his swords' music and is a wonder to watch. We must wait and see what spell the Dragon Master unleashes before we proceed to our second phase of our mission.

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 30-Apr-2004, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Labban swung his staff this way and that, in great menacing arcs. The battle was on, with no time to consider a plan of action, so those who remained were swept up in the fight, taking lives where they could.

The Orcs fell, one by one, but none retreated, even when the battle turned against their favor. It was then that the beast left the shadows. With a great sweep of its tail, the Highlander was thrown from the crest of the fight into the wall on the far left. He was shaken, but not down for long. The man leapt to his feet and rushed the line again.

MacErca never faltered, but did keep one eye on the dragon. A great plume of flame shot his way, and Labban feared he would suffer his own fate. But a voice shot out in the darkness behind him and the fire died, an arms length from the warrior. Labban turned and saw Aaediwen; arms outstretched and voice booming in whatever tongue it was the man spoke at such times. This only proved to anger the creature, not deter it.

Four Orc fell to his staff. Unusual, as a staff holds little power to kill. But they lay dead on the ground, none the less. It began to drone, as it had in the forest only hours before; a pale light coming from the head. He was overcome with an urge to do the strangest thing, but an urge he had often, of late. He hummed as he moved through the horde, to the confusion of both his allies and enemies. But as he went on, they fell even more, and with less effort.

Rider and the Drow stood to the right of him, chanting and fighting in the fashion that they would. The three had no problems holding their line, and Orc bodies lay about them.

As he moved about, taking the enemy one by one, Labban found they were getting easier to kill with each strike, and he continued to hum a melody with the drone that reminded him of the pipers in his home town. He remembered that whenever there was a raid, the men of his village never failed as long as the pipers played on the hill. Then he spoke.

rraton-haute He did not know what he said, but as he swung and sang the word, the beast before him was flung through the air, and its bones cracked like twigs on the stalagmite, at least a stone?s throw away. His staff never made contact, but the damage was done just the same. The lyre at his back sung a chord so pure he nearly lost his footing from the life surging through the three of them. Labban, the Staff, and the Lyre. It was a new life. One that he'd felt the presence of before, but never was he a part of that life until now. That moment he had changed, and he never would be the same again.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 30-Apr-2004, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

As the battle rages, I chant with ever incresing intensity. The metaphysical glow of Labban's staff grows stronger with every swing, and before long we are moving through the swarm, seemingly impervious. Subconcously, my chant hits a pitch and a ball of flame decentigrates in front of Labban. There's definately no turning back now!

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 05-May-2004, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Dragon fire Surrounds us, Liriel, Drizzt & Aaediwen strengthen the shield that I have created. seeing a dragon blast head for Labban I scream his name, Aaediwen turns quickly and blocks the fire barrage. Another blast of Dragon Flame comes toward us.
"Dragon Master, do what you must and do it quickly!" says Drizzt
nodding my head I begin.

As my comrades & I fight , I hear the calling of the dragon. His inner crys tell me that he is not doing this by his own choice but that he has been cast up to be used as if he were a puppet. as my mind touches his I can feel his pain and anger at not having his own free will, Liriel & Drizzt stand beside me and chant encantations I chant the Dragon Release.

This takes almost all of my energy and total concentration to be successful. Should I fail it will mean the Dragons death & part of my soul. I levitate up out of the way of the others for to do them any harm would defeat the purpose. as I begin to chant a silver aura surrounds me as the encantation becomes more complex my head lays back my arms outstretched with my dragon staff in my right hand and my eyes close. The winds from the four corners of the world swirl around me, my robes flip and snap as if they are angry and aggitated. The winds build up their momentum causing those that stand on the ground some slight hardship with the battle.

As the Orcs are defeated every one in the group finds a place of safety within the cave, with the exception of Aaediwen, Liriel and Drizzt, they offer the encantation more energy.

As the encantation forms to its full power a lavender ball with red flams shoots from my staff, as it makes contact with the dragon and burns pure white, it engulfs him as otherworldly deafening scream is heard by all. The back lash from the contact sends me plummeting to the solid rock floor as boulders and rock shards fall down around every where. The dragon collapses in to a heap. As the barrage of rock stops every one starts to make their way out of their safety holds. Aaediwen, Liriel & Drizzt are the first to come to my aide.

Upon being restored I stand and make my way to the Dragon. Touching his large black eyeridge I can feel that he is still very much alive.

"He lives, his will is free now....." are the last words I remember hearing come from my lips as I crumple into a ball against arogath.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
3Ravens 
Posted: 05-May-2004, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

I make my way out from behind a stalagmite and kick aside Orc bodies to reach the group. "Here you are my friends," I say, pulling mugs of steaming liquid out of my bag.
Aaediwen raises one eyebrow as he raises a mug. "A little prebattle preparation, m'lady?"
"Absolutely!" I kneel and raise Rider's head. "Here, try to drink some of this, it will help." Her eyelids flutter. "Ohhhhhh! Is Arogath all right?"
"I hope so. I have no idea what restorative to give an enthralled dragon. Besides, I brewed mugs of the stuff, not tubs! Is there something we can do for him?"
I look closely at Liriel. Something I caught a hint of during the heat of battle.....
She looks evenly back at me. Whatever it was seems to be gone now. I turn to see Drizzet looking closely at me.....But Rider is trying to say something, and Arogath stirs......

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 06-May-2004, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

As the battle calms, I drift back from the spirit realm, my head swimming from the overwhelming energy I had just been channelling. I find Rider laying dazed near the fallen dragon, and begin trying to calm her as best I can. As the clouds in my head clear, I begin a soft chant to help calm her mind from the experience. We will need her.

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 06-May-2004, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

The Dark Lady was there. Behind the dragon somewhere. Lady Josie must have seen the shadow because she looked directly at me. I must keep control otherwise the Dark Lady wins and we are all dead.

The dragon had survived his release. Let us hope the Dragon Master can regain her strength and quickly.

I look around waiting nervously. For the first time in my life I feel fear. Something a dark elf and a wizard should not feel. I walk off to the right and sit to meditate while we wait for the Lady Rider to revive. I control my breathing and slip into a mediatative sleep.

I look for strength in my talisman given to me by my beloved. I wish he was here but he is not and I must protect myself now.
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 07-May-2004, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

As the Highlander stops and surveys the carnage, he could not but help the think that this was not the end, something is amiss and all must prepare for the final onslaught of ?, what would come now? Highlander fears nothing and no one but all of this magic has him feeling that all of his might will be of little use in the upcoming battle. The Highlander just shook off the feeling and went to see to the care of his friends. "Friends" that is something he has not had in more centuries than he cared to think about. Then the Highlander in his typical caring way bellows, "if ye not be dead, then get up and prepare for they will be coming back".
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 07-May-2004, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

As the Highlanders owrds echo loudly around the cave stones and boulders again begin to fall around us. Josie leans over and protects me with her own body. as the rubble finally subsides I gently push at Josie to be freed. Josie pulls back and looks at me.
"Rider are you alright?"
"Aye Lass, I'm fine." *Cough , Cough*
"Here drink more of this."
"Gah, it smells rotten!"
"that it does but it is a restorative that will do you good, now hold your nose and drink!"
"Yes Master Healer. My Thanks to you Josie." Holding my nose I gulp down the draft and feel the effects almost immediatly. Raising myself to my feet I touch Arogath's eyeridge. Concentraiting I prob gently in to his mind.

Arogath, I, Dragon Master Angel, Call unto you, show me what has happened and what you know pulling my hand back I look at Arogath.

"Stand young Arogath, there is no judgement to be passed against you. You have willingly showed me what took place. You will clear the way and let us pass. Return home and await the call."

Arogath disappears, clearing the way up the stair case. Looking around to the others and nodding my head slowly.. "It appears an ancient enemy has once again raised his ugly head. His name is Grungahn, he is a vile Dragon who seek to dominate the world."

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 09-May-2004, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Off in a cave not far from the friends, she waits patiently. It has been hard for her, waiting this long to destroy her enemy. He would pay for his rejection and with the life of his apprentice.

She turns to the dragon. *You were suppose to stop them. Can't you do anything right. Send the hag in to break them up. Let her place the seeds of doubts about the young dark elf. I want her soul.*

The Dark Lady looks back into the fog she conjured. She looks at the group and knows that if Grungahn doesn't break them up soon they will succeed.
PMEmail Poster               
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Éire (okay fine, it's really PA, USA but that's just boring.)

female

Meanwhile, back at the castle in the outer bailey wonders a new warrior from a faraway land. She is heavily armed: two swords dangle from her waist, and a bow and case of arrows are slung over her back. She looks around for castle officials while walking up the main path past merchant tents.

--------------------
If we could just stand here, without the words, would that be enough? ..Look at the sky now. What color is it? Or the way a hawk flies. Or you wake up and your ribs are bruised thinking so hard on somebody. What do you call that?

"Don't cross the street if you can't get out of the kitchen"
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

((Grungahn))

Who do we have here? Grungahn stooped in the central tower with his head low, so he could watch those coming and going through the window. An opening built for those of lesser stature; those like King Paul and his fathers. Men who had power only by title, not by his own being. A true ruler should gain his throne. Win it. Steal it, if need be. Monarchy's grow stale with time, and after generations of spoiled children all the greatness of passed Kings have long been forgotten.

No one will forget Grungahn, even if Gron'Egan is already lost in faded memory.

Tachta! He waited for a moment as his right entered from the ante-chamber.

Yes master Grungahn. He was a monstrous man. Yes man. Tachta (TOK-ta) stood at least two heads above even the largest man in this court. In the previous court. He came from the north, and little was known about him, except to his master, who knew all of his dark deeds. He was Grungahns champion, and has been by his side, even when the dragon apeared alone, for far longer than a lifetime of mortal men, and their sons. Perhaps a fee for being a faithful servant was extended life. Despite these unnatural characteristics, Tachta was all human, and tried with every deed to deny it.

My good Captain. I have a job for you. That woman. He pointed a talon toward the warrior woman with great interest. Bring her to me. She doesn't apear to be from this place, and may not know of Pauls demise, or that there ever was a King Paul. I have a feeling about this one. Though I'm not sure if it's good or no.

Yes master Grungahn. Tachta bowed low, despite his size, and with his greyish cloak whipping round exited the room. His tasks were his life, and nothing could keep him from them. With his right hand, which was bound in leather strands, he pulled the door closed behind him. He never touched anything with his left hand, which was left bare, but almost always within his cloak. Even Grungahn was baffled by that one.

I do believe it is time to contact our little party. I'm sure they're dying to hear news from home.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]