Darby 
  Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Virginia

female

I just wanted to re-introduce myself. I've been a fan of Highlander for several years now. I'm in the military and my mission has taken me away for many months. I've been able to catch glimpses of the site off and on (boy has it grown), but nothing that feeds that Celtic beast in me. I love this site and I love all of you that support it. You've turned me on to some awesome music and it's appreciated. In a far away place when you're homesick and tired and stressed and scared, even a moment or two of Miss Rebecca's voice or a favorite song or a few notes from a bagpipe brings a peace upon you that you thought you'd forgotten. OK, I'm crying now. Anyway, you get the point and I'm glad to be home and back where I belong. . . .with my family and my Highlander family.

Darby

--------------------
"If you pray for a Cadillac and God sends you a jack-ass, ride it." Anon
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi ya Darby! Welcome back. Yes, this site has become something hasn't it. It just keeps getting better and better and its very nice to see old friends. Your home now "hugs"

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Hi and Welcome Back Darby!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (Darby @ 03-Mar-2007, 03:05 PM)
In a far away place when you're homesick and tired and stressed and scared, even a moment or two of Miss Rebecca's voice or a favorite song or a few notes from a bagpipe brings a peace upon you that you thought you'd forgotten.

Hello and welcome, Darby!

I'm very happy you came back home - physically and virtually! First, before anything else, please let me express my sincere appreciation for the service you have performed for our nation - many and varied as we are, I thank you for your selflessness and the courage you have displayed - you are a blessing to all of us and you should know it! clap.gif

Now, as you have rightly noted that the site has grown (I'm relatively new, but I can imagine what it will look like in another year or so...), whenever you can spare the time, please have some fun and wander around and see all the forums - lots and lots of topics to get involved in!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I look forward to reading more of your posts! bye1.gif

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 04-Mar-2007, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Welcome back, Darby! Yes, there's a lot more to the site now, isn't there? Still a great place with great folks! See you around!

Welcome back home!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
sisterknight 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

welcome home!!!!yup i'm one of the "newbies"so i didn't have the pleasure the first time around, so i hope to get to know you this time round!! biggrin.gif greetings from the great white north

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Madadh 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

Welcome home Darby. It is always good to have one of america's finest return.

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hey, Darby!
I'm very, very glad you're home. And my thanks and recognition to you for your service to our nation. We won't forget it.

It's good to hear that this station was a comfort to you during your tour of duty, even if the listening opportunities weren't very frequent. I imagine a lot of the lads and lasses over there with you had their own favorite internet stations to keep them grounded and connnected to home. If you can, take a minute to look at the forum section "Highlander Radio -- What's New? -- Urgent! We need your help!" If you're still in contact with some of your friends who are still there, perhaps you could let them know what is happening to the future of internet radio. Their use of this resource while they do our nation's work is just one more strong reason not to let this action stand.

Best wishes, and once again, I'm glad you're back with your loved ones safe and sound.
PMEmail Poster               
MaDora 
Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: DFW area, Texas

female

Welcome Home Darby! And let me echo the sentiment of my other Celtic friends here when I say THANK YOU for your service to our country and the sacrifices you've made, and continue to make, on our behalf. Sending you a big hug from Texas!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
mydogisaleprechaun 
Posted: 20-Mar-2007, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

Hey Darby! Yeah I'm a newbie here too, but i wish ya nothin but the best! maybe you could teach me a thing or two about this site...and my history!
nothin but hugs and love...and maybe a few pint of guinness- Allison
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 20-Mar-2007, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (mydogisaleprechaun @ 20-Mar-2007, 11:34 AM)
Hey Darby! Yeah I'm a newbie here too, but i wish ya nothin but the best! maybe you could teach me a thing or two about this site...and my history!
nothin but hugs and love...and maybe a few pint of guinness- Allison

Hello and welcome mydogisaleprechaun,

And hello again, Darby! Here's blowing kisses to both of your lucky charms! tongue.gif (if you don't know what I'm saying here, Darby, see mydog's info page...).

Have fun and enjoy the site - your our kith and kin now!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]