marti64 
Posted: 16-Sep-2006, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Hi all!! it has been a tough three weeks, and I am about at the end of my rope. My hubby keeps taking out the oxygen tube that is helping him breathe, and backstepping every other day. This has turned into a nightmare!!!!
I just want him home!!!!! If it were up to me, I would just pull the plug and walk him out of the hospital myself, but I have 4 sisters in law and a mother and father in law to deal with. I hardly talk to the sister in law that I live with anymore...I don't want to get into an argument with anyone......I am getting really scared now, and I really don't know what to do!!
Talking to my mom helped a bit last night when I got home....and I know many of you will say the same thing that she told me....GIVE IT TO THE LORD!!!!!!! And that is what I have to do!!!!!!!
Thank you all for your support and prayers!!!!!!
Marti heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif ::

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 16-Sep-2006, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. It has been a really wonderful day.

SB you sound like a real country girl. I know you have to be so very tired from all that work. I've done it and I too had the callous hands to show for it. Last week I got on the tractor and cut the grass. I look forward to seeing you at the games. I'll be dancing or at the tent.

Marti hang in there I know it is hard. I was always lucky and had very supportive in-laws. Does your husband have a living will? I know a lot of us don't because we don't like to think about what to do when we get sick, but as a nurse I can tell you it is important to have. God love you. I know this is so very hard on you.

I did some unpacking the other day and I found a long lost CD. It is one of my favorites and I almost went out and bought another one. It is by Wolfstone--The Half Tail. It is really a good CD and I am so very glad I found it.

Well I have to go.

TTFN

Gwenlee

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Sep-2006, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Hope this finds everyone doing well.

OMG, Marti! How my heart goes out to you! I never know the right things to say in circumstances such as what you are goiing through. But please know that my hugs, prayers and love go with you. My nephew is an attorney and specializes in estate affairs regarding living wills and such. We are in the process of getting all our affairs in order. But please keep us posted and if you need some one to talk to and just listen to you, I am right here as I am sure many of us are. God be with you during this very difficult time. Keep us posted, ok?

gwenlee and SB, you will be seeing each other again soon, I take it? Good on you! One day I will get back there to join y'all. My family in GA are having some issues and so I decided not to travel back there this year as I had hoped. Oh well. What can you do? My family are very proud and do not wish to air their "dirty laundry" with anyone, even extended family. Oh well!

all is well here. Our temps are cooling down that we are excited about. I can deal with 90s and below. It is when it gets in the tripple digits that I kind of lose it! LOL

Take care all!

Dreamer1 
Posted: 17-Sep-2006, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Marti, my prayers and hugs go out to you, too! Is it possible for your mother to come stay with you, for moral support and to act as a buffer between you and all the in-laws? I know this is so very stressful for you, but please try to take each day on its' own - one at a time - and trust in God to help you through. I know you may feel alone, but you're NOT! hug.gif

SB, your new home sounds perfect! I'm so happy for (all of) you! You must feel like a fencing "expert" by now, though laugh.gif . Hope you're finished with that chore. So glad to hear you've got your studio back again - that's icing on the cake!

CR, Gwenlee, Balleydun, Mike, Rindy, BGL ( Welcome back!!!! ), JP (where are you??!?), and everyone -- hope you're all enjoying this gorgeous time of year!! I think it's become my favorite season (rather than Spring), because the temps are still comfortably warm (not boiling or freezing) and yet you can enjoy a nice fire in the evenings, roasting marshmallows. There's nothing like a walk in the woods this time of year, is there?

Take care everyone!
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 17-Sep-2006, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!

Another Sunday, another day at my folks' looking at the help wanted ads and doing laundry.

My Bears beat Detroit today! Woohoo!

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 18-Sep-2006, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi friends.... smile.gif

Marti..my heart aches for you. My prayers are with you. I agree with Dreamer1, if there's anyway for your mom to beable to be with you I feel that her support would be a tremendous help to you. God be with you. Stay strong!!

CR..how is your hubby doing? I would probably never beable to sleep again if ever a scorpion was found in my bed! cry.gif

Hey Dreamer1...how ya doin? I love this time of year too. After the hot days of summer, this cooler weather is wonderful. Makes me want to get outdoors and do something!! biggrin.gif

SB...so glad you are enjoying your new country home. Bet you're glad to have the move behind you.

gwenlee...wish I could make the Stone Mtn games. Had planned on it but the date isn't working out. However, I am trying to make arrangements for hubby and me to make it to the St Louis games Oct. 6-7. Never been to St. Louis, so hope to spend a few days there.

Ballydun....sounds like you had a great trip. The highland games that I have been to have been celtic in nature. What type of non celtic activities was at your festivasl?

Hi to Rindy, Mike and everyone else.

BGL

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 18-Sep-2006, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello everyone!

I'm at the library right now. I just applied online to two huge insurance companies in Illinois, Allstate and State Farm, for call center positions.

What I like about using the internet at the library (besides being able to talk to you guys biggrin.gif ) is that if my time is running out (we get an hour) and there are terminals open, I get extended for fifteen minutes.
marti64 
Posted: 18-Sep-2006, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

My hubby is doing ok, no changes yet....I hope it will not be much longer that he will be in the hospital, but I guess I have to trust that everything will go ok!!!!!!!!
My mom has been great, and I have called her and cried more than once....and my sister too(She lives in CA).
I will get through it!!!!!!!
I am trying to bnite my tongue, and not say anything that I don't have to!!!
LIKE I SAID TO BEGIN WITH, LOVE YOU ALL!!! wub.gif wub.gif hug.gif hug.gif
MARTI
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Sep-2006, 12:33 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey all!

Marti! Hang in there! Know this is a very difficult time for you and your family, but you have all us as support! Keep us posted, ok? thinking and praying for y'all. I don't mean to sound minimal, as I feel you are going through a total horrific time, but just know you have us to be there for you in thoughts, prayer and a good listening ear, ok?

All is going well here. Temps are starting to cool. doggies are driving me crazy to want to be outside and inside more! LOL DH is doing well and life is good.

Take care!

briantheflute 
Posted: 19-Sep-2006, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Kettering, Tasmania

male

Hi Everyone!

Am writing in haste, still haven't regular access to a computer.

Marti, I do hope you feel strong, many prayers for you and all yours!

All love and peace

Brian xxx

--------------------
My peace I give you, unto you I give my peace. (John 14:27)
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 19-Sep-2006, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello all!

I have some possibly good news. I had a job interview today with Dominicks, a local supermarket chain. I think it went very well. I filled out their online application a couple of days ago. They called yesterday and set up the interview today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Briantheflute, does your local public library have internet access? You might want to look into that for the time being.
ballydun 
Posted: 20-Sep-2006, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Marti Please remember that you have soooo many people here praying for you! You are a member of our family (but not like an in-law rolleyes.gif ) and we will always be here for you. I know how difficult it is to have a loved on in a situation like yours, but it sounds like hubby is doing better.
God bless you and remember to ask Him to keep one hand on your shoulder and the other over your mouth wink.gif
I know it's hard to keep those comments inside sometimes.

Mike, congrats on the interview! I hope that something pans out soon!

SB my husband would be so jealous of your new country digs. He is having drama with work and his little mid-life thing that all he wants to do is run away to the country and raise animals for a living. Unfortunately I'm such a city girl that I don't know if I'd like it. Maybe someday?!

God bless you all and please stay safe and healthy!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 20-Sep-2006, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Hi All!!!!
Mike, i know how hard it is to find a job...it took me over a year!!
And let me tell you, it was a year of censored.gif !!!!!

I hope everyone is having a good week!!
Hubby is the same, and I hope that things are now going in the right direction. he is being taken care of in probably one of the best hospitals in New England, so I know he is getting excellent care!!
It is going to be one tough road for him to get well, but I have all of you to help me keep the faith!!!!
Love you lots!!!!! heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Marti
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Sep-2006, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hey everyone! A good friend here asked me to do a "flyby", to let everyone know I am still around... tomcat.gif

So, anyway, I've been super busy with work. I also have a couple of projects going in my personal life. The first is a video project for our church. I am to produce a five minute video about this program we are involved in now. It is a Rick Warren derived project concerning community service. Rick Warren wrote the Purpose Driven Life.

Secondly, I was asked today to try my hand at sports writing for our local, small-town newspaper. I already have been doing sports photography for them, but now they need a writer to cover the local high school games, etc. I'm a little nervous about this. I haven't written newspaper copy since high school - 30 years ago!

I'll let you all know how it goes.
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 21-Sep-2006, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

marti- i'm so glad that things has improved for dan, know you guys are always in my prayers

mike- the best job is the one you least expect to find it sort of just falls into your lap!!!keep up good thoughts

i wish everyone else a good day and good health and happiness!!!

vik beer_mug.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]