Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

We have expanded our Celtic Nation category to now represent all of the seven celtic nations. The new forums added to this category are:
  • Isle of Man
  • Brittany
  • Galicia
  • Cornwall
Along with the expansion of these forums, we are accepting applications from current CelticRadio.net members to moderate these new forums. Ideally, you should have a background or interest in one of these nations and should be willing to post information periodically. Please send us your inquire along with a brief background of why you would like to moderater the particular forum of choice.

For the time being, these forums are available and reading for posts from all CelticRadio.net members!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

I would like to thank Catriona for volunteering to moderate the new Cornwall forum. Catriona has a special interest in Cornwall which I am sure will come out as she answers your questions and comments on Cornwall. She has done a great job in the Scotland forum and I can't thank her enough for taking on another forum to moderate!

Thank you Catriona!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 29-May-2004, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Paul-

You can put me down for one of those, I don't care which one, and also I'd like to take over as moderator of the Politics forum. That forum has not had an official mod since He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (Dave, not Voldemort biggrin.gif tongue.gif ) quit.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I would love to try moderating one, but I know nothing about any of those places! Maybe with a little research though...

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

After doing some research on Brittany and Galicia, I think I would definitely like to try moderating one of them! Either one would be okay with me, since both are fascinating places! I would like to moderate one of them as a learning experience for me!
oldraven 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I'm up for it too. Any one. This will be a nice excuse to start researching these histories. smile.gif

(and hey, I'd give my left big toe if I were a mod over in the automotive section. I already mod my own auto forum, and would love to get involved more here)

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Paul, if you need for me to help out moderating anywhere else, I would be more than happy too! I must confess I don't know anything about the forums you are wanting presently, but you can keep me in mind to help you out as much as I can. beer_mug.gif
Danann 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

You can add me to the list of willing moderator. Let me know where you want me, and I'll do my best to be informative on the subject. If you want to have a gaelic corner I might could lead that one up... I am getting pretty good with my Irish Gaelic. Slán!

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

I think a Gaelic Corner would be good. Do you think it could be on all versions of Gaelic and not just Irish Gaelic. I think there are a limited amount, like Scots Gaelic, Irish Gaelic, Cape Breton Gaelic - but I am not by any means knowledgable about any! Let me think about where we can put this forum.

I am actually going to expand the forums one more time, probably sometime soon. The new forums will actually be not moderated and it will just be setup as a trial run.

World Showcase will feature countries that the Celts immigrated too. For example: Canada, U.S., New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, & U.K. These forums will be for general discussion about the country, history, etc.

Clans: Will start a clan forum for Clans. Perhaps we can interest some clans to move their forums here for free.
barddas 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

I think the Gaelic forum is a good idea. I do believe they should be all forms. Wouldn't want to exclude anyone. wink.gif tongue.gif

And what about languages such as Middle English, Auld Scots, Doric, Lallans etc....is that getting too deep? I know there are sites devoted to them and I am by *NO* means an expert..( what is before neophyte??? LOL!) But that is something to consider too.

I know that there may not be speakers of some of the forms. But maybe in time there will be, or there being a forum on it will create interest.
Just m'thoughts. Any others?????

Cheers beer_mug.gif

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Great ideas, Paul and barrdas! thumbs_up.gif Wales speaks Gaelic too, not sure what that is classified under.

Barrdas, the other languages would be great too!

Wow! How exciting! beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif
oldraven 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

This sounds awesome. I just found out the other day that my hometown is starting to do night classes and the like to try and bring the Gaelic speaking community back to Nova Scotia. I for one am all for it. There are so few that speak it anymore, it's a shame.
PMEmail Poster               
Danann 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

*pushes glasses to the end of the nose and peers over them as I start to take on the linguist teacher pose*

There are actually 3 types of gaelic languages, and a ton of dialects. You have Scottish Gaelic, Irish Gaelic or Manx Gaelic.. These are the three recognized languages. There's a Welsh dialect, a Nova Scotia dialect, and even a Icelandic/Norse gaelic. There are similarities between all three, just as there are vast differences.

I'd love to take on the Gaelic and Language forum, if you want me to. I've studied all three, but focused on Irish. I have the resources for all three though. I'd offer to do the sign language area too... but it would be hard to see over a keyboard.
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ 02-Jun-2004, 03:38 PM)
There are so few that speak it anymore, it's a shame.

One of the sad effects of globalization. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Aaediwen 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

How about simple a generic "Language" forum smile.gif That way, it voers all the forms of Gaelic and kin, as well as opens up for Non-Celtic languages as well smile.gif I agree there should be a place for such things, but I don't quite see the volume to justify a seperate form for each just yet... Fould add that later as a sub-forum perhaps?

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]