> Do Anything At Church?, any special talents you share
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 14-Feb-2005, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Our church is about to begin a building plan, to construct what they call a Family Life Center with classroom space, meeting rooms, and a gym... we're having a business meeting this Wed. night with a presentation about the specifics, followed by a question & answer time.
What's nice is, this kind of project brings people out of the woodwork who usually just attend services & classes. Its nice to see people volunteering to do everything from make calls and visit to create a brochure for the program to distribute to church members. I've volunteered to be on the Publicity Committee and its actually fun working with these 5 other people - we're getting to know each other better, and helping to make a great idea become reality!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 14-Feb-2005, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

SB,
our church built an "Family Life Center" like that, about a year ago. Attendance exploded after that! We see people from around town that never came before!
The building is now in constant use, and that is the way it should be.
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Wow, that's very encouraging to hear it made such a difference in your attendance there!
We lack young couples, both those who are newly married (20ish) and those who are getting into their 30's and have young children. The few we do have were very vocal during the early talks about this Family Life Center & were sure that it would bring in more people like them; we hope that it will.

Thankfully the building will also have a lot to offer our older members, and that was what made them so enthusiastically approve the preliminary plans last week.

SB
PM               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

This past Sunday with acouple other Volenteers I dusted the library of our church, logged all the books...and striagtened. Man! Some early spring cleaning!

(striagtened....hmmmm unsure.gif )

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
  Posted: 09-Mar-2005, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

I try to help out where ever possible. I usher mostly. This past year though, my wife and I were used by God to help a man of God who was going through the test of his life. God is good because God did restore this Pastor and is still in the process of restoring him.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 15-Mar-2005, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Wisconsin (Transplant, From Texas)

female

I teach Religion class every wedensday(CCD) night to 6th graders. My husband and I usually do this as a team, but he is involved with the Engineers Fellowship for our church.

I have planed to help out with the RCIA program, but that depends on my school load.

Our family as a whole is quite involved in Church, my girls are Altar Servers, and mu 8 year old son is looking forward to that. He is working on his 1st Communion for May 1st. He recently received his Light of Christ medal for Scouts, and he had fun earning that.

yep, we are proud "Holy Rollers!"

--------------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit !
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (dragonboy3611 @ 22-Feb-2005, 07:18 PM)
This past Sunday with acouple other Volenteers I dusted the library of our church, logged all the books...and striagtened. Man! Some early spring cleaning!

(striagtened....hmmmm unsure.gif )

I bet that dust made you cough! That's what happens to me when I get the books off the top shelf - *hack hack hack* yucky.gif Makes me sneeze too!

We're about halfway through the process of entering all our books into a computer system that keeps a record of them & who donated them. So far we have about 3,000 books in our library! Its quite a collection but unfortunately there are probably only 10 or 15 people who come in to check out books. I'm very pleased that more children than ever are coming in on Wednesday evenings when I'm there... reading is such a good 'habit' to encourage in kids!

Siobhan
PM               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 10-May-2005, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Previously I posted that I teach middle school age kids for Sunday School. As of the end of this month, I will be stepping down from that position. I've done it for three solid years and frankly, I am burned out!
It has had it's joys, but also it's pains too. I wish I could say that I reached all or even some of the kids, but I just don't see that as being the case.
Recently I find it so hard to even walk into the room for class, on sunday mornings. We have been using the LOTR to examine our own walk with God. Some of them get it. Most just want to watch the movies. It seems like every sunday I have to keep telling them that, "No. We cannot watch a battle scene today!" Or whatever.
Like I said - I am burned out.

ranting.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 11-May-2005, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

In the past few years I was very involved in choir at my church. The catholic music is calm and serene. Upon my move to a baptist church I tried to get involved in the choir but the music just doesn't make me want to sing. Hoping to take care of the nursery responsiblities in the very late future. Sometime after the age of 60.tongue.gif

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]