Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I hate the smell of vamps. That's what got yer girl, my good man. And she's either now a servant of the dark sire, or dead in a dumpster. It's very rare to come accross a vamp who isn't out for yer neck. I will admit, there have been a few that I could stand, if it weren't for the smell. The red headed man strolled down the street, in no hurry, contemplating what had just happened in the pub. How many mirrors has he had to pay for now. Not that it mattered. He would never run out of money. Unless the world stopped relying on gold, that is. He'd watched the worlds economics go through phazes for hundreds of years, but that one soft yellow metal never lost it's power.

He watched as the two men ran down the lane in a frenzy, trying vainly to find the girl. I've seen it a thousand times. You won't find her. He shook his head and chuckled. But you'll try. Yes, you'll try. A few hours, days, weeks, and you will give up hope.

They always gave up hope. And that's why Labban didn't care anymore.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Calum is our best bet. He's the one with the nose. Let's have him lead the way for a bit. Just give me a second to pack. I doubt we'll make it back here anytime soon.

I started tossing stuff into my duffle and realized straightaway that the artifact wasn't the only thing missing. He'd also taken my spare pistol and my computer. I explained the loss to Lierin.

Both are replaceable. I have my primary pistol in it's holster and the computer is no big deal. I store my data on a removeable flashdrive rather than the hard drive. It's in a magnesium case rigged with an igniter. All it takes is a phone call to light up the case, the machine, and probably anything within 20 feet of them. If we need to we cook it, but it will probably take the artifact with it, and I'm not sure we want to risk that yet. I tossed the last my stuff in the bag.

Okay, if Calum's willing to lead, I'm willing to follow.

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

"Mmmh.." Lierin's face showed that she was thinking. "Does he know that you store your stuff on a flashdrive?" A smile crept over her face. "Let's say he doesn't know how to change an IP... You think you can locate him? We would lose too much time running after him, I got a vamp to catch... I might catch your Adrian though if he tries opening a port or a gate.
She looked as if she was sorry, very sorry. "I would like to help you on your artefact, but I do have the main duty to protect the gates."
She got up from her lying position and rubbed her forehead. "And I just have no idea where to start."

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 01:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

I hate trying to think, especially when action is called for. Aidan was no more than 30 minutes away and with Calum's nose should be easily enough tracked. A wild wolf can smell a moose or other prey from as far as 1/4 mile, perhaps further if the wind is right. On the other hand, Lierin and the wolf have their own concerns and duties to attend to. I HATE trying to decide what is the "right" thing to do. I thought.

I guess we're sort of at loggerheads here. I believe the artifact to be one of the Holy Relics of the Knights Templar. Similar to the Holy Grail or the Shroud of Turin. One of those things associated with Christ's crucifixion and that fell into Templar hands either during Joseph of Arimathea's time in Britain, or taken from Jeruselum during the Crusades. The Templars were reputed to have also aquired slivers from the "True Cross", body parts from John the Baptist, and perhaps other relics with the potential to yield incredible supernatural power.

I don't much care about Aidan one way or the other, but I think the Jakal is after that artifact. Since he has no reason to be concerned about money the only reason that vampire might want it would be to acquire great power.

As I spoke, I snagged a map from my duffle and spread it on the bed so we could both view it.

user posted image

The reason we brought the thing to Rosslyn was to cache it on Holy ground associated with the Templars, to keep it out of the Jakal's hands. We'd actually talked about digging in to a Templar tomb or burial vault to place it back under Templar protection. Rosslyn Chapel, Dierlot and Mey are all on the same dead-straight ley-line, but Rosslyn Chapel provides the only Holy Ground on that line. We figured this would be the safest place for the artifact.

Now that the artifact is still loose out in the "world" I think that it will attract our vampire almost like a magnet. I think if we find Aidan then we will find the artifact and if we find the artifact then our undead target will find us. If we eliminate the undead then your gates will be safe again, we can collect the bounty on the vamp's head, we can go to our homes, and everyone will be happy, or if not happy at least we'll have achieved our missions.

On the other hand, you have your own duty to attend to. I understand and respect that. I can't claim any evidence other than a strong feeling to back up my belief on this matter. Now, I'm not some sort of magick person with special powers, so I don't know the answer. Please tell me what would happen if this Jack O'Lantern vampire should acquire one of the Holy Relics and take it through your gates? How powerful could he become?

I hate to put the pressure on you, but the trail is fresh, Calum can follow it without a hitch. If I have to go it alone it may take days or weeks before Aidan uses that computer, if he ever uses it all. He may have taken it for no more reason than to slow me down.

I stopped to take a breath, and another thought, a horribly frightening though, popped into my head.

If Moira and the brothers in her order are correct about the artifact then I think that it's much to risky to allow Aidan to escape with it. If you and Calum don't want to join in the chase then I feel I have no choice but to trigger the ignitor on that laptop case. Not to cook the computer or to punish Aidan, but to try to cook the artifact to keep it out of the vampire's hands. Since we don't know where that computer may be located, we have no idea how many people could be injured. Magnesium burns so hot that anything or anybody within 20 feet of that box WILL be destroyed.

I picked up the phone.

Unless you can think of another option that I've overlooked, I don't think I have a choice. Do we try to find it, or try to cook it?

(OOC - I'm hoping that chasing Aidan will lead us back to the other characters so we can get more interaction going there)
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

((hehe.. well I also thought about oor vamplady.. but she seems to have vanished... there'ss still oldraven though..

Why is Kirkcaldy in that map though?? *grins*))

She genuinely thought about it. "Well... apart from the fact that I am not much of a religious person.. how much truth is in those artifacts you think? Think of that spear of... was it Antioch? I was found - luckily" her voice sounded heavy sarcasm, "when spirits were low. I don't think that shroud of Turin is very much genuine either.. I think the cloth didn't fit the time or something.. as far as I remember anyway."
She let her finger travel down the line and smiled. "You know that some of the things on your line are a wee bit off-centre? My hoose would fit in though. It's near Lochnagar."
Where have ye gone, ya wee pest? her mind circled around the question what this thing would want with a gate and a Christian artefact. If it indeed was one. Bugger, bugger, bugger.., there seemed to be a connection in her head but it escaped when she almost had a grip on it.
"No one can become more powerful by doing something in the otherworld or in the void. The only that can draw power from the gates are the keepers, and they are the only that can walk in the void. They and those under their protection. The keepers are also bound to the gates in the use of this power. I can make a gate stable or unstable, make a temporary and a fixed one. Druids and those with the right connection can use them to pass into the otherworld and back, but no one can enter the void save keepers, guardians and those under their protection."
"I will be honest." She sighed and got up. "In the void there are things that should be better left alone. And I am strongly thinking about those at the moment. Maybe it's intuition. Just imagine that thing was a keeper while living, or had some connection to one. It maybe knows about the void and might use a strong spiritual place and a tool to open up a gate, trying to get into the space between the worlds. The powers and minds sleeping there could distroy the world as we know it dozens of times over. And some of them will be malicious. The wrong power set free in the wrong time..." She stopped and left the answer unspoken. The wolf at her side pricked his ears. Lierin lay her finger against her lips and got up as silent as possible.
Be quiet. Her voice? No, her thought sounded in Bills heads and she could feel his puzzlement. It's alright. I can only send thoughts, not read them. She flashed a quick smile and then slowly sneaked over to the door, not producing one sound.
They want to get into this room. She turned the key, incredibly slow. The lock mechanism sounded loud in the absolute silence and Lierin pulled a face. Now steps could be heard on the corridor outside, seemingly slow and sounding like someone with heavy boots was trying to sneak; she turned around walking over to him. [i]Is there another way out? Just in case these don't have nice intentions?[i] The look on her face expressed that she was quite sure of that.
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

[i]Is there another way out? Just in case these don't have nice intentions?[i]

Jesus, now she's in my head. I remembered Calum planting a thought in my brain back in Dierlot. Oh well, no harm came from it and he seemed a good enough animal.

I shook my head, pointing to the window with my lips, Native America fashion, even as I reached under my jacket. If things went bad and we all three dove for the window the tiny space would become over-crowded in very short order.

I have to admit I was curious to see what was about to come through the door, though.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

So, where to next? I've seen pretty near every nook and cranny of these little isles. What's left to look at? Is there anything to look for?

He found himself with these questions all too often. He could always go home, but he could never really feel at home. Even there. He had many houses, even some that time has forgotten. They were in the same place, but they just weren't the same place.

You're a ramblin fool, even in yer head.

How does a man survive without a purpose? No journey, no destination. No point.

He hears the men in the building at his left. They ran in there and started screamin about a cat. Blood, someone said. Blood? You'd best get used to that, me boys. You are dealing with blood suckin scourge, you know.

He found himself stopped. Standing in front of the door. Why didn't he just keep going? This was none of his concern. Before he knew it, his feet, which had been carying him wherever they felt for ages, led him straight into the shop.

You're lookin fer trouble, you know that? He stepped into the back, and stepped down into a cellar. He heard a car roar to life and exit a side door into the street. The two men ran after it, screaming the name ANNE!!!

They stood, in disbelief that their lady friend was gone. One fellow seemed as though he was familiar with the loss. [I[/I]Oh. So this has happened before?

They started and spun. Both taking a fighting stance. Labban chuckled. I didn't take your woman. Don't threaten me.

Who are you, and where have you taken Anne? Ah, very rich accent. Exotic. Somewhere over in the Americas.

I wouldn't have the slightest clue, me boy. It doesn't matter who I am, because I've got nothing to do with any of this. Just a bit curious, is all. He pulled a flask out from inside his coat. He tipped it back and gave agreat sigh. Shot? He asked as he held it forward.
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

After a quick shower and a change of clothes... I ready m'self to go on a bit of a walk...

I ask Isabelle if she wants to come along.... She wants to try and focus on where this Anne woman is .... Good thing we still have a few of Anne's belongings I thought to m'self..Otherwise, Izzys search would make for a difficult one...

I grab my walking stick and head out....

It is near dark and the rain has finally stopped.

I have the feeling as if i'm being watched. Much like the feeling back in the wood earlier...

While walking, I look down the allyway... The energy there is like a void.. Cautiously I head down the alley..... In the back end of the alley I see a lifeless shape....
I run over to see... it appears to be a woman....I roll her over, a huge chunk of her neck is missing.... I cover her eyes and look around.... On the wall is blood smeared into words...
It says.... "You're getting hot oldman"

This is unreal! I think to m'self.... i do not sence Jack here.... This has te be one of his lackies.....

I leave the alley and head out towards the pub to find Connor and then round up Isabelle

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
barddas 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Walking towards the local pub, I turn over the recent event in m'brain. Why wasn't there a sence of the other body present? Except for that feeling of being watched... Which is starting to get on m'nerves....
Ok.. lets think this out.... Female, jugular ripped out by a bite....Blood smeared over the wall..... How did anyone know where I was??? Are they following behind us??? Is that what I have been sencing????

I arrive at the pub. Walk in and there is no sight of Connor.
So I head back towards the hotel...

While walking I feel a sudden Thwack to back of my head!
Who do you think you are!?I shout

Again, a hit that knocks me to the ground. I can't get my bearings... Again hard blows about my
body...I use my staff and try and swing it round behind me. It makes contact! Knocking my foe to the ground... I quickly get up and pull the small sword for inside the staff...
As I do so This person trys and grab a garbage can, and hearls it at me... Trying to push it out of the way I move forward... As this foe trys backing up he slips and slides on the still wet cobble stone...
I lean down and grab him by the coat and turn him around... Before i can see who this person is... A hit that feels like a hammer knocks me forward....Someone from behind!
Now Both of these people are attacking.... kicking and bashing with whatever can be grabbed!

I can feel my body weakening by the blows. Finally they stop. And laughter begins....
The voice says "Zebulon old man. You better look around because it is going to be the last thing you ever see!" More Laughter...... I recognize that voice....
Again it speaks, Trying to regain some amount of strength....
" You are so off the mark! Your new found love has clouded your mind old man!!!!!"
That voice .... it's, it's Connor!!!!!!!
Connor!!!???

My mind becomes enraged.... Thoughts of Isabelle run through my mind...is she safe?, Is she alive.... Why did Connor do this..... Who is with him.... How am I going to get out of this....

Almost without thought I take the sword and run it through the person to my left....
Totally off guard Connor Stumbles

He starts babbling about it not being his fault, he was tricked... put in a trance...
This I know now to be a lie.... No longer clouded like the past few days.....Now knowing it was a charm of somekind clouding my visions and leading to this place..... I stand up And grab Connor... I can feel the fear.. I also sence he has been tainted with Jack's blood.....

you know there is no saving you? Jack has broken this treaty, and you soon will be of his blood!

Connors eye widen
Where is he?
I shout as I throw him down the alley....the aches from the beating make themselves known with almost every action taken....

Stuttering he says " he's in Edinburgh......"
Why should I believe you? Maybe we should do things as we did in the old days.... You remember the stories.... Don't you?? DON'T YOU!!!!! Maybe you should be Jacks martyr!

Connor knows what i say to be true.... He will become like his maker in time.....

Did you do that to the girl? Connor nods....

[B]Not only are you a traitor, but also a murder, of an innocent woman!

What am i going to do with you???? You can't continue to live...you know what you are now.. and you know what the treaty states.... ALL violators of the treaty are to be put to death.....

Anything you want to say?????[B]

He shook his head...and waited for death.....

The act was sorrowfully done... no traces to ever be found.....

bruised and battered... Zeb slowly heads to get Isabelle
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Swanny 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 12:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

I didn't have to wait long for my curiosity to be satisfied. Lierin glanced toward the window just as the flimsy door burst open, almost with explosive force. I was hit by an odor even more forceful than the door, like death magnified ten-times over. Shards and splinters of wood flew through the air.

There was a gray furry blur past my left shoulder as Calum leapt through the window, taking curtains and sash with him.

Smart wolf. I thought, even as I insinctively drew the Glock.

A huge, floppy form flew toward my face. I ducked, dove and rolled laterally to my right, coming up in a kneeling stance with the pistol again trained on the doorway. I heard heavy, pounding footfalls down the corridor and rushed toward the remains of the door to look. A shadow form disappeared at the end of the corridor.

I raced toward the window, thinking that if our assailant left by the front I might get a glimpse of him (at least, I assumed it was a "him"). Calum had suffered no apparent harm from his fall, and was on his feet. Suddenly the wolf's lips drew up in a vicious snarl and he dashed toward the north only to disappear from view like a puff of smoke.

Animals that disappear and reappear out of thin air. I must be losing my bloody mind! I thought.

I stepped back into the room and glanced toward Lierin. Her eyes as large as dinner plates, she was staring fixedly at the form that had been so violently hurled into the room.

It was Aidan, or what was left of him. The gaping wound at his throat was evidence enough that my 'protector' was well beyond resuscitation. I rifled through the tattered rags that remained of his clothing, but the ancient wooden box with the carving of a five-petaled dog rose was not to be found.

Calum headed north, apparently chasing something with every intent of catching it. I wasn't sure Lierin heard me.

I believe that the vampire not only has possession of the artifact, but he also wants to be sure that we KNOW he has it.

Lierin turned away as I picked up a long wooden shard and prepared to drive it through Aidan's heart, just to be sure. It didn't look to me that he could possibly have been turned, but I don't know enough about this things to take unnecessary risks.

Is there a gate or portal nearby? Can the vamp get through it without a Keeper's help?

I heard more footfalls in the hall and spun around to see the Innkeeper staring into the room. Her scream was so high-pitched that it hurt my ears.

Oh boy. The coppers are sure going to enjoy this crime scene. I thought.

No time to clean up. I've left fingerprints and DNA all over this damned place.

I reached toward Lierin. C'mon. We've got to get out of here before the police show up. We'll never be able to explain this.

(OOC - Bardas, I'll try to stay in the Edinbrugh area until you get here. Bring friends. Big friends. Oh, and bring weapons. Lots of weapons. Big, powerful weapons. In fact, bring lots of big powerful friends with lots of big powerful weapons. starwars.gif)
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Jimbo and I watched the car head down the street. Obviously Ann was still alive, but what was going on? It pained me to think she might be suffering from a head cold on top of everything else. And who had taken her? Was this related to the events back in that cemetery? I had an uncomfortable feeling that it was, and the feeling was a lot stronger then just the sensation of my briefs bunched up in an uncomfortable manner.

We stood there for a few moments in shock, not knowing what to do, when I heard a noise behind me. Turning quickly, ready now for anything I saw a rather odd looking fellow standing there behind us. He had come down the stairs and my first thought was that he was part of this whole affair. He spoke a few words, none of which I could understand, and when I spoke back he seemed amused at the sound of my voice. But he didn’t look to be threatening, and seemed more curious then anything.

Jimbo looked over at me, and we both started to move back into the building at the same time, maybe there was some sort of clue as to what had happened to Ann inside. We stepped by this new character, and he hardly seemed to notice us, it was as if he were inhabiting another world. As we moved back into the building I realized that Scotland seemed to be full of these types of folks, off in another world, where the heck did they all come from and why was it necessary for me to meet all of them?

As we got closer to the foot of the stairs that horrible smell became stronger, we went on up and reentered the room with the rows of chairs. Off to one side was a door that led into a small kitchen and we cautiously entered it. On the stove was a large pot and there was some sort of grisly artifact at the bottom of it. The fire had been left on and the water in the pot had almost boiled off. We peered in and looked intently trying to identify exactly what was at the base of the pot.

Jimbo spoke up first, “My God! It smells like mondongo!”

“Jimbo, you’re close buddy, but it’s far worse then a little beef tripe. That my friend is a haggis.”

“What is it for?” asked Jimbo.

“To eat, and like mondongo, they have to taste better then they smell as they cook, because if they didn’t then no one would ever eat one.”

“Firth, let’s get out of here before anything else happens.”

We turned to leave, and then I noticed that one of the chairs in the kitchen had a small piece of rope bound to it, looking closer I saw a small scrap of the clothing that Ann had been wearing. Apparently they had held her here in the kitchen for a while, maybe waiting to force feed her haggis. Who knew what depths of depravity these heinous heathens would go. On the table was some kind of brochure, I recognized the name at the top of it as the name of the shop we had entered. Picking it up, and examining it closer there was a small list of addresses on the back, one of them was circled in a smudge of something sticky looking and was for a shop in Edinburgh. It looked to me like Ann had left a clue. Unconsciously I stuck my finger in my mouth, the sticky stuff seemed to taste like orange marmalade. Cripes! These creatures were more depraved then I had thought.

What kind of creatures had done this to that gentle hillbilly princess? “Jimbo, this is horrible, Ann has been captured by some kind of haggis eating, marmalade sucking New Agers.” My voice came out in ragged gasps, the odor from the slightly singed haggis was overwhelming. “But it looks like Ann has left a clue. I need to get to Edinburgh as fast as possible.”

We both turned to leave, and as we crossed the threshold and reentered the street, there was Garfield, as if he were waiting for us. For some unexplainable reason I stooped and picked him up. He seemed unhurt, but very subdued and I wondered what those feline eyes had seen. The blood on his paw looked as if he had raked the flesh of someone, as there didn’t seem to be any sort of injury to him. I tucked him under my arm as we went back to the pub to collect our things and head south. My mind was racing with details; haggis, marmalade, Ann’s head cold, the details were almost too much for me and I moved in somewhat of a daze.

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Well, at least they calmed down. Kind of rude though. I offer them some of the finest, oldest whiskey in the land and they just act like I've got two heads. Ye speak English, or what? Walked by me like I wasn't even there. Oh well. Sittin in the dark once again.

Labban hums a little tune, and the small bulb intensifies it's light three fold. Looking around he finds a woman's shoe. He picks it up, and it's still warm. Och! Still smells a bit as well. She was struglin quite a bit to yank a runner off. Labban walks to the stairs and accends.

Hey me boys. This familiar? He tosses the shoe at the one that talks.

Where'd you find this?

Where d'ye think? Labban tilts his head at the cellar door.

What's that wonderful smell? He steps toward the still burning stove and looks inside a pot boiled dry. Och! It's ruined! Bastards! He turns the burner off and moves the scorched haggis to a cold one.

Oh. There they go. He found himself following them out the door, and back up the street. Straight to the pub. Ah, me boys. I could do with a cap myself. Don't imagine the barkeep'll be happy though. The three step inside and Labban swagers up to the bar. A round for three of your best Scotch! Don' worry boys, it's on me.

We've hardly got the time for a drink, fellow. Said the one who talks.

Go 'way with ye. Can't go on a hunt without something to keep the fire's burning. Labban slapped another gold coin on the bar. The barman managed a smile for the token.

Both men accepted the drink, and tossed them back as fast as they could. Oh, we're playing it that way. Normaly I'd say, slow down and enjoy the flavor, but you boys are rushed. SO! He tipped his head back and pured the smooth amber fluid down his throat.

Let's go then.

What do you mean let's go? Who the hell are you?

What's it matter? I've got nothing better to do. So, let's go.

The man opened his mouth to protest, but Labban started humming softly. Both men stared for a moment, and when the humming stopped the talker said,Let's go then.

And with that, the trio left the bar and headed on their way.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 03-Dec-2003, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

((OMG, is this getting towards a D2 style zombie killing spree?? *laughs*))

"Okay, Bill get done with it and hop out of the window..!" Lierin flicked her wrist just as he drove the stake into the thing and dragged him with her out of the window. They jumped.. The room burst into flames. If everything went alright the Innkeeper would wake up in her own bed just now and call the firefighters... she hoped at least.

Oh, bugger!This was higher up than she had thought. "Ouch!" She had landed and rolled into a pile of bins.. and she had felt how her ankle snapped. This triggered off a long series of curses as she got up slowly. "Okay, we need to get away," she looked around herself, checking that nobody was around, then opened a gate. "I need your help", she said between gritted teeth and hopped towards Bill. She put one arm around his shoulders (as far as she could reach anyway) and nodded towards the open gate. "Step through it. It will close behind us and we'll step out in my flat." through the split in reality a darkened room was visible. Calum had already jumped through and was now standing int that room, wagging his tail.
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

I aimed for the awning below, hoping it would ease my fall, but of course I missed. Mostly I missed. I hit the metal framework around the edge of the thing, and was barely able to tuck and roll when the ground hit me a lot faster than I had planned. I heard a sickening and all too familiar snap of breaking bone, and it took me a couple of seconds to realize that it wasn't my own.

When Lierin spoke I wasted no time, only because I didn't have time to waste. I gulped as I looked through her gate, was only slightly reassured to see the wolf standing on the other side looking satisfied, as though he'd just eaten a moose or caribou or kitty-kat or something. This gate-stuff was her turf and she seemed comfortable with it, but it was a long, long way from my own perception of reality. I grasped Lieren about the waist as gently as I dared, and made one of the biggest steps of my life.

That fire-starting trick was neat, though. I wonder I could learn how to do that? I thought.

PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 06-Dec-2003, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

Another series of curses as she hopped through the gate, nearly falling over Callum and a pile of books. The gate closed with a sucking sound and she hobbled over to the couch sitting down.

She knew her living room was looking all awful, being littered with books and cardboard boxes holding more. "Goodness, me. I'm such a feckin' idiot jumping out of a feckin' window... Mind getting me a towel soaked in cold water?" She slowly opened her boot with her face distorted in pain. Pulling the sock off she looked at her foot hanging down in a weird angle. "This is when I wished to be in a Star Trek type future.." she said when Bill came back with her towel. She wrapped it around her foot and gestured towards the telephone lying on one of the book pile. He gave it to her and she quickly dialled a number. "Doctor O'Toole? Aye, Lierin here.. I think I broke my ankle.. mind tae come over and bring an ambulance? Ta.. See ye then." She hung up and rolled her eyes. "Bloody hell, you want to go to Hospital with me and hold my hand or doing some research doon here?" A bit lower she added "I hate my feckin' luck, like."
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]