Íácób 
Posted: 27-May-2007, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Tennessee

male

My father's family came mostly from England, Ireland, Germany, France, and Scotland. The majority of my ancestors from this side immigrated in the 1600s and early 1700s, and settled mostly in RI, MA, MD, PA, NY, NJ, and WV. On that side, I am related to a governor of RI, Benedict Arnold, and his great-grandson, the traitor of the same name, by marriage. I'm also descended from English and French royalty and nobility through a distant ancestor on my grandmother's side, Lt. Nathaniel Felton. He was directly descended from a Knight of the Garter, Sir Thomas de Felton of Litcham, and had descent from an illegitimate half-sister of Philippa of Hainault, the le Stranges of Knockyn, the de Someries (ancestors of the Dudley family), the d'Aubigny Earls of Arundel, the Earls of Chester and Gloucester, the de Clares, the Marshalls, the de Beaumonts, the first Earl of Salisbury, Henry I and William the Conqueror, and Charlemagne and the Merovingians.

My mother's side, from what little information we have, came from England and Ireland, though my grandfather said he was part German too. Most of them settled in NC, SC, AL, and GA. My grandmother's a Carroll, but we don't know if she ties in with the Carrolls of MD or not; probably not.

--------------------
"None is holy like the LORD, For there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our GOD." - 1 Samuel 2:2

¤Íácób¤

"Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day." - Psalsm 25:5
PMEmail Poster               
pflanary 
Posted: 01-Jun-2007, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

QUOTE (Rosemary @ 03-Jun-2004, 01:19 AM)
Some of mine came from Ireland and settled in Texas (which is interesting).

I went to school with a girl who was from Texas. She was 100% Irish even through her family has been in this country since the middle 1800s.

I am mostly of Irish decent with names Flanary, Hagen, Glenn and others further back. The Flanary branch has been in this country since before 1750 first in NC and then in VA. My great-grandfather Hagen came to KY in the mid to late 1800s. I don't know when the Glenns came over but it was before then. I'm also Scots--Womack and Duncan, Welsh--Morgan, English--Penningtons who intermarried with the Flanarys quite a bit, and if you go back a ways Swedish--Dawson and French Hugenot--LeGrand. Those are the ones I'm aware of. There are lots more which my Dad could tell you about going all the way back to Brian Boru and Charlemane. As far as where my folks immigrated to, its mostly VA and KY.

--------------------
God then made man. The Italians for their beauty. The French for their cuisine. The Welsh for their voices. The Germans for their cars. And on and on until He looked at what He had created and said, "This is all very well, but no-one is having fun. I'll have to make an Irishman."
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 25-Apr-2008, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

Early 1600 from Scotland to Ireland. Early 1700 from northern Ireland to Massachusetts then 1800s to Ohio on my fathers side. Mother side is Chilean from Galicia, Spain early 1800s. I get to be Celtic from all different sides and areas. smile.gif

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Findabhair 
Posted: 23-Apr-2009, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Mothers side-1880's Germany to Missouri, 1910 Belgium to England to Ohio
Fathers side- 1984 Scotland to Canada to Texas (they are insane it is too hot out there)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]