Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,766 Gold!

One change that I wanted to make everyone aware of is placing a limit on the number of members that can form 1 clan.

We are probably going to place a limit of perhaps 8 members to one clan. So, any large clans may need to be split up eventually.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 05-Nov-2008, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

That's pretty BOGUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 05-Nov-2008, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Hi Paul,

I don't think it's fair to limit members/or players in one clan Paul.

We a substential number to be able to create a force and at the same time have fun. If you want to put a limit of players why not have it a bit higher then that,like 15 or 20. And maybe promote the game a bit more on the forum for others to join in and play.

What can be achieve with only 8 players there won't be any challenge in the game at that rate anymore?
I know from my side that if there will be no challenge in playing I don't see the use of playing anymore. For it takes a long time to build resources and armies.
As it takes time to build a structured clan.And this cannot be accomplish with only 8 players...I'm sorry but I don,t think limiting 8 players/clan is a good idea.

It's like in the kingdoms, there are about the same amount of people in it but half of them have created accounts but do no play so they're there for what purpose?So, what happens if one clan has 8 players and out of 8 only 3 or 4 end up active players and the rest are not really interested in playing. The clan end up with only 3 or 4 players? We cannot force people that don't want to play even though they have created accounts.

Maybe there was some complains from others that have suffered attacks but if so like you said in the beginning to each his own and that is part of a war game. I hope this decision is not base on this though.I think it would be sad.

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 06-Nov-2008, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Hi Paul

First of all I don't like limits.

But I see there are only about 60 players that really play the game.

The others are just accounts.

If there can be clans of 20 for example, this game will finally be controlled by two or three people.

It can make it boring.

Anyway I think that the best way is to make a poll about this item.

I know medieval age wasn't exactly an example of democracy but this is a digital medieval age.

Have a Nice Day

--------------------
Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 06-Nov-2008, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Placing limits on any aspect of this type of game defeats the original intent of the game. I feel the intent of the game is to promote the camaraderie of the players and provide a community atmosphere.

Part of the problem of the game is the limits inherently in place due to the level of completion of it. Confusing terms and concepts help to cloud issues about the game versus clarifying them and making the game more difficult to understand. For example, Kings are at the head of Kingdoms, Chieftains are at the head of Clans and Lords are at the head of villagers. This type of hierarchy fits in with the Celtic theme and clarifies player participation.

Limiting the number of players in a Clan limits participation in a safe way. In the beginning everyone was trying to figure out how to play. The natural gravitation towards the Clans was apparent. Several Clans sprang up because of the understanding. Relationships have formed, players have come and gone. The game moves on. The tenor of the game will always evolve based on the players involved. In the short life of the current game two major groups formed. Was this a problem? I don't think so and I don't think that it will be a problem in the future. The first major Clan was Clan Wolf. We had some individuals that obviously had played this type of game before and took every advantage. But as others learned to play as well and Clan MacInnes managed to grow.

Clan MacInnes grew out of necessity. The tone for the game was set by the hierarchy of Clan Wolf. Battle tactics that were used against Clan MacInnes were lessons learned and the student became the teacher. Now the game is at a crossroad. Is it because of Clan size? I don't think so. Size has nothing to do with the current pressures on the game. As with many things, evolution is taking place. New players are arriving. Things are changing. Only time will tell.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
olorin 
Posted: 08-Nov-2008, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
166,274 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

I couldn't possibly put it any better than stevenpd did. That was very well said sir and I agree with you completely.

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
McRoach 
Posted: 08-Nov-2008, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
513,597 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Right O Stevenpd! thumbs_up.gif Limits are good for some things perhaps but clans need to be able to grow. I know the clan I am in has just reached 6 players, saying only 2 more can join and that's it seems unfair.

It's almost like a parent telling their child they can only hang out with 8 friends at a time.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Harlot 
Posted: 10-Nov-2008, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Could you poll the people who are not playing to find out why? Use (1) Too hard to figure out how to play (2) Just in it for the gold to use for the auction (3) Really no time to play or questions like that. Too set limits at this time is really not fair to the Clans who built strong bonds.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
bokora 
Posted: 06-Dec-2008, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

male

I have just started this game and joined with a smaller clan recently. From everything I have read, I am going to have to agree with the majority here. Putting a cap on player limits per clan eliminates some of the political and social aspects of the game. I think if a clan becomes popular enough to incorporate dozens of lords into it then so be it. Lesser clans will either have to concede and join with the greater clan through diplomacy or find another way to overthrow the majority. An 8 player limit will damper the ideals of the game in my opinion.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]