Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Women Over 50
Here is a piece written by Andy Rooney - CBS 60 Minutes.

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 50 most of all. Here are justa few reasons why:

A woman over 50 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 50 doesn't want to watch the game, she
doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 50 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 50 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 50 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 50 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 50 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 50. They always know.

A woman over 50 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 50 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you
right off if you are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 50 for a multitude of reasons.
Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 50+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 18-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free." Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Feb-2005, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif That was great, Maisky! I couldn't agree more! Thanks! I needed that! beer_mug.gif thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Truer words were never written! biggrin.gif Thanks maisky! I have been trying to convince myself that being 50 was good and being 51 is even better, now I have it in black and white! Wow! it's hard to tell what 52 is going to be like. Can anyone describe to me what I should expect! unsure.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Can't tell you Maggie! I will be approaching the big 51 in a few months! eek.gif So hard to believe I am that old! sad.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 05-Feb-2005, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

AHHH!!! Brother dear! Finally you understand! lol.gif Since I shall be turning 52 in very short quarters I must agree. tongue.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 06-Feb-2005, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 04-Feb-2005, 10:13 PM)
Can't tell you Maggie! I will be approaching the big 51 in a few months! eek.gif So hard to believe I am that old! sad.gif

Oh No Rosie, Never think of yourself as getting older, just think of yourself as a fine wine, gettin' better with age! If you say it real fast, 50 doesn't sound too bad! biggrin.gif Only a half century....

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 06-Feb-2005, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Since I"m only 18, I have a ways to go before I even have to THINK about the 50 stuff.

ha ha

Some things do improve with age!

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 12-Feb-2005, 12:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Well, girfriends, in my opinion, as the senior in this group at the ripe age of 54, life just gets better with age. The kids are grown and on their own. Time for hubby and me to put ourselves first. And more money to do the things we want. We enjoy our grandchildren but are not responsible for their upbringing.

Of course, life has responsibilities at any age. We now have elderly parents that need our assistance and we still are there for our kids, when needed. And, as we get older, we too have limitations (in my case, it's hubby's health). I guess that what I am trying to say is that life is a mixture of good times and hard times at any age, so enjoy each stage of it. Count your blessings! and have fun!! biggrin.gif

Sorry if I got too serious. Didn't mean to.
wink.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]