TandVh 
Posted: 14-Jul-2007, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

I hope this is the right place to post this. I was wondering if there were any other folks who think that computer role palying games are the hoot? I absolutely love the RPG's like Morrowind, Oblivion, The Gothic series, Neverwinter Nights...
I remember playing Lands of Lore for the C=64 back in the old days.
I haven't loaded up Oblivion for 6 months or so, but, I just found the new expansion pack for it- Shivering Isles- and bought it from Walmart. I plan to install it and play this weekend. I think Oblivion is visually stunning if you have the hardware in your machine to take advantage of it. The characters will randomly make comments as you stroll around the lanscape. With a EAX soundcard, you can get positional sounds out of your speakers. You can hear someone talking on your right side through the right speaker and the sounds will travel around you if you turn your character.
There were a lot of user made mods created for Morrowind- enough to keep the game going for quite a long time after the initial quest was finished. There are a few mods made for Oblivion, but Behtesda tried to cash in on the mod thing and attempted to make people buy them instead of downloading them for free. There are a few good sites online where custom mods are available for free. The Shivering Isles expansion pack is pretty much a whole new game, though. I'm looking forward to it.

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]