SCShamrock 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

I want to thank everyone here that have offered such supportive words and prayers for me and my family lo these past 9 1/2 months. Aaron lost his battle yesterday, August 31. He fought brave and hard, but his little body was no match for that horrendous invader. I am proud of Aaron Tyler McGrady. He will be forever my sweet son.

I would like to locate a piper or two to play at Aaron's funeral service. We haven't pinned down a day yet, but are mulling over Tuesday as a good day. I don't know anyone in the Columbia, SC area. If anyone knows a good piper that is available, please have them contact me at 803-479-1987. I would be very appreciative.

Stormeil. You and I have been at odds more times than I can remember. I have wanted to wring your neck, but today would love to hug your neck more than anything. You have been so sweet and supportive, and I am honored to call you a friend. Thank you.

Everyone else, I don't know how often I may check in to CR, but I can guess it might be some time. As always, when I'm here....you will know it.
tongue.gif

All my love in Christ.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh my, CS Shamrock. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your son.

Re: pipers. Do you have any Celtic stores in Columbia or nearby towns? They usually know of a piper or two. Plus, the police department always has pipers who play at police officers funerals. You might try contacting them and they can guide you to a piper. I will be praying you find one in honor of your son.

Please take care of yourselves and write when you can. Big hugs to you!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

It has been a tough road for you and Dawn, and you have handled it with grace and dignity. Aaron was a fortunate lad to have parents like you both. We will continue to pray for you folks and wish you all the best.

Lord bless you!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Leyland 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: SC Foothills

female

My husband and I again extend our deepest sympathies to the McGrady family and hold you in our prayers.

Per telephone conversation earlier, Robert would like to let you all know that the funeral services are most likely to be held at 4:30 pm on Wednesday.

Christ be with you.

Liam and Elizabeth Davidson

--------------------
Have a Corona and a smile!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,601 Gold!

Robert,

My deepest sympathies to you and your family on your loss. I can not imagine the sorrow and grief that you have been all through.

Certainly I can say this, judging from your messages and journal I am certain that your son had the best Dad in the world - one that loved him beyond this world and I am sure he knew that.

Let all of Celtic Radio pause and reflect on this wonderful father and son.

No words could express our condolences and prayers for Aaron and his family.

Take care my friend............

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

I have read your story through your friend Miurcheartach here at C.R.and it was very touching, nobody with a heart can stay immune to such a story.

No words can bring comfort in time like this but all I can offer are my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Aaron is a precious star watching over you and your family.

Take care.

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Donajhi 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

God Bless all of you.

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Robert, I'm sorry I haven't been around the boards as much and have missed so much of what has been going on with your family. To find this just this morning came as an incredible shock, and I am deeply sorry for your loss. Tears don't come to me easily, but there is no denying it in this instance, being a parent myself and trying not to imagine what that pain must be like. I'm sure we can all agree it is our greatest fear.

I visited Aaron's site, and it looks as though he spent that 9 1/2 months living as much as he possibly could have. If the face of all of what was happening, he may have been the strongest person I've ever seen. (Playing football even after his diagnosis!). But you know that. Let his strength be all of yours.

I'm not a praying man, but times like this make me feel as though I should be. Angela and I have your family in our thoughts, and wish Aaron eternal peace in the arms of the Creator.

Sincerely, The Reeves Family.

I hope you don't mind, but since this thread is about honoring Aaron, I'd like to post his picture up for those reading this thread to do just that. (if it's an issue, please pm me and I'll upgrade to a founders account to edit my post ASAP).

user posted image

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Aaron. I, along with friends at my church, have been praying for Aaron and your family. They will be saddened by the news, but joyous in the news that he has gone to be with his Creator. Even though we don't know each other, we are one in Christ! My prayers are with y'all.

Jennie

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

OldRaven. Thanks for posting the photo. I had not taken the time to consider that some folks here have not heard Aaron's story, nor seen any photos. I'm glad you did that!

For those that do not know Aaron's story, you can read all about it at www.caringbridge.com/visit/aaronmcgrady I will also be updating that site tomorrow to communicate the funeral services. I still haven't found a piper. So the search continues.
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Oh, my dear friend. My heart cannot express the depths of sadness I feel for you and your family. Such strength and love you have shown through all of this. Such courage. Such faith. You have many friends here who love you dearly. Myself included. I know that God will be with you through this and give you strength. Take care my friend and come back to visit with us again soon.

And remember...

You are loved.

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Senara 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Sad news indeed today. So terribly sorry that such a bright and cheery flame has been extiguished long before it should have been. Will pass along your request for a piper to some friends I know in your area and hopefully we can provide Aaron with everything a brave warrior deserves.

Wishing you all the love my heart holds in these darkest of days.....

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

ur-Lord of the Domain and Realms

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Caer RivenMyst, Fantasia I.D.

male

(stands gently, humming)

Fare the well, my boy,... as you wander this night...
Be not fear'd in the darkness... My heart is your light...
As you go, brave Men of Erin:... Faith and love by your side...
I will dream of your peace in the night...

Please don't cry, my mother,... as you sit by the hearth...
I will dance your memory... with joy in my heart...
I will go now and pray,... as I travel this land,...
And live by the lessons you gave....

Fare the well, my boy,... as you wander this night...
As you go, brave Men of Erin:... Faith and love by your side...

Please don't cry, my father,... as you sit by the hearth...
I will dance your memory... with the joy in my heart...
I will go now and pray,... as I travel this land...
And live by the lessons you gave...

Fare thee well, my boy... as you wander this night...
As you go, brave Men of Erin... Faith and love by your side...

Please don't cry, my children... as you stand by my grave....
I have danced your memories... all of my days...
I will go now and pray,... as I travel this land,...
And live by... the lessons... you gave...

(bows, leaving)

--------------------
user posted image

There's magick in believing...

The Domain and Realms
http://www.thedomainandrealms.com
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Robert, My wife and I found time to finally look at your caringbridge site yesterday. When we saw what was posted we could hardly believe it. Both of our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. I know a few pipers but none from your area. Perhaps this site will help.

http://www.bagpipers.com/

Godspeed

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

ur-Lord of the Domain and Realms

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Caer RivenMyst, Fantasia I.D.

male

I've found several in the area or will travel, and emailed them for you. They have your number, so we will pray for their calls to you.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]