MDF3530 
  Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I change my title when I change my avatar. Leinenkugel's is a small brewery here in the Midwest that makes several beers. They have a part of their website for aficinados like myself called The Leinie Lodge. My avatar is *cough* *cough* borrowed *cough* *cough* from that part of the website, so I figured I'd combine that with a "Flintstones" reference. Fred and Barney were members of a lodge called the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes. Their leader was called the Grand Poo-Bah.

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 31-Aug-2004, 04:05 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
dfilpus 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Chapel Hill NC

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 31-Aug-2004, 06:04 PM)
Fred and Barney were members of a lodge called the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes. Their leader was called the Grand Poo-Bah.

Of course, the Grand Pooh-Bah (Lord High Everything Else) is a character in Gilbert and Sullivans Mikado. Among his titles are First Lord of the Treasury, Lord Chief Justice, Commander-in-Chief, Lord High Admiral, Master of the Buckhounds, Groom of the Back Stairs, Archbishop of Titipu, and Lord Mayor, both acting and elect.

As for my title, it changes with my whim as well. All have been terms from Finnish history and legend. Vainamoinen was a bard and wizard in Finnish legend.

--------------------
Näkemiin

Dave (SCA: Geoffrey Genour of Carney)
Protector of Bits and Bytes, Third cousin once removed to Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light

user posted image

Help out with the site! Win prizes!
Suggest videos at VideoCelt.com

Check out the outstanding video - Merchant Marine by Celtae
Avonlea22 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

QUOTE (Avonlea22 @ 31-Aug-2004, 10:41 AM)
I've chosen Cultivator of the Earth because I very much enjoy gardening.  It's something I just came up with without much thinking, and I may change it at some point, but for now, it will do. smile.gif

I just changed mine to something that better reflects who I am. Since I enjoy gardening, and feel I'm fairly good at it, I've decided to be the king of the plant world. Since I am a former Penn State Master Gardener, I also added the Master of the garden. smile.gif

Mine will probably change on a whim, too.

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Kamchak 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Master At Arms
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Southern U.S.

male

I've chosen my title due to the years I spent in the study of weapons. During the time I was a student of Shaolin weapon training was required. Open hand technique, Staff, tri-staff, knife, sword, Saber, Spear, Butterfly Swords, and other weapons or arms. I have also learned the use of modern weapons, all to a high degree of proficiency. cool.gif

--------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ![SIZE=7][COLOR=green][CENTER]
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

My most favorite wine is the 1997 Mondavi Cabernet Stags Leap District (SLD). I keep locating a few here and there on the wine auction and I put them away in the wine cellar. Problem is, I raid the cellar on occasion and drink one. wine.gif

The price is beginning to get a bit steep ($85-$95 a bottle) and much harder to find these days. I may have to start stockpiling the 2001, since that was a better year than 97. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Kamchak 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Master At Arms
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Southern U.S.

male

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 31-Aug-2004, 08:27 PM)
My most favorite wine is the 1997 Mondavi Cabernet Stags Leap District (SLD). I keep locating a few here and there on the wine auction and I put them away in the wine cellar. Problem is, I raid the cellar on occasion and drink one. wine.gif

The price is beginning to get a bit steep ($85-$95 a bottle) and much harder to find these days. I may have to start stockpiling the 2001, since that was a better year than 97. wink.gif

So are you drinking some of that fine wine now? LOL!
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camchak @ 31-Aug-2004, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 31-Aug-2004, 08:27 PM)
My most favorite wine is the 1997 Mondavi Cabernet Stags Leap District (SLD). I keep locating a few here and there on the wine auction and I put them away in the wine cellar. Problem is, I raid the cellar on occasion and drink one.  wine.gif

So are you drinking some of that fine wine now? LOL!

biggrin.gif No, I'm drinking a cabernet from Cherry Valley Winery in Pennsylvania, near Bethlehem. It's not in the league of Mondavi but it ain't bad. I'm sure I'll stop again and pick up more, when we all meet in Bethlehem in 3 weeks.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

By the way Dale, it's still not to late to come to Bethlehem. I'm breaking out some of my special bottles for those who show up at the hotel.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I have to have a reason for my title?

NO way!

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Of course you need no reason, mi'lady! We were just curious about some of the other titles. You know how we commoners are! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Annabelle 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Since I'm the Queen in my mind ( and there isn't alot there these days) I will bequeth thee with my reason's when I get done sliding down the bar...

ooops, who moved the royal cushion for the royal tush to land on? OK, Maisky what did you do with my cushion?

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
single speed 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

I teach computer literacy at a K-8 Catholic school in San Antonio. We are a poor school, so I teach, maintain the server, manage the lab, maintain computers, and fix the minor problems that occur. This summer we got a grant to replace the old computers taht I had hobbled together. However, those computers are in the hands of teachers and will probibly need more attention. rolleyes.gif As for the pusher part, I am a cyclist. Pedaling keeps me fit.

--------------------
If you were accused of being a Christian, would your enemies have enough evidence to convict you?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep pace with the music he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.
- Cardinal Francis J. Spellman
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Well, here I am: Lord of Catfish and Grits

I was born and raised in the southern USA and proud of my ancestry. Catfish and grits are both common foods down here, and we Southerners are many times stereotyped because of our fondness for a common river bottom-feeder. Grits, likewise, are very common food for us poor farmers.

Please note that it is quite acceptable to serve BOTH catfish and grits for breakfast - or any other meal for that matter.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (freekenny @ 31-Aug-2004, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 31-Aug-2004, 04:01 PM)
Nothing exiting about my chosen title.

I know that I will be a learner all my life and the day I will stop searching will be the day I'm leaving this world...on my journey through life one of my hopes is to gain wisdom to be able to teach my kids and hopefully grandkids...

O'siyo gaberlunzie,
I think what you said is beautiful and ever so true! You will never stop learning, none of us will until we depart from Mother Earth..I wish you much peace and many blessings as you travel your journey here on Mother Earth.. clap.gif And I wish for you to have many grand-children to share all your knowledge with!
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

I don't want to miss to thank you for your kind words, freekenny! Mother Earth is good to her children; and once I've learnt to listen it's an enjoyable journey.
Many blessings to you as well!
May you always walk in peace. smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

Well like I said Gypsy Queen is the nickname my father gave me and an artist is what I would love to be. So it's not hard to follow, but it is interesting to hear about others biggrin.gif

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]