Posted: 08-Jan-2008, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (leenie @ 07-Jan-2008, 09:38 PM)
I saw National Treasure- book of secrets a few days ago. I loved the first movie. The second one is still a good movie, but for me something seemed a little off in it. I can't put my finger on what it was though. It was worth going to see and I'm definitely going to see number 3 as well.

Hi leenie and gcw57,

I appreciate your viewpoints about the latest National Treasure movie. The thing that I didn't like, the thing that "seemed a little off" for me, was to have Nick's and Diane's characters being estranged - I know that sounds odd, but for my wife and I, we really liked the romance that the first movie had, which was sadly missing from this one.

The Water Horse was beautiful, especially all the lakes (or rather lochs), but be prepared for the British Army firing off 8" artillery guns, which is about as restful as someone banging a gong next to your head. dry.gif Thankfully, that only lasts a few minutes, so yes, the majority of the movie has little stress.

Whatever you see, I hope you like it! smile.gif

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Jan-2008, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Darn I was hoping the National Tresure movie would be good. I haven't seen it but it doesn't appear to be very good by what I have heard.

I saw 3:10 to Yuma..with Russell Crowe. I thought "ye know it's been a long time since I have seen a good western" and this one was just that!

I also so Last Legion- it was pretty good. Lots of sword fighting thumbs_up.gif and one of the best fighters was a woman thumbs_up.gif she kicked rear. This is a film that took place right before King Arthur.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 12-Jan-2008, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

“SHOOT-EM-UP”… Hope you have a “Bullet Proof” vest handy!

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Jan-2008, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Rindy! I was so hoping to hear a review from you all on 3:10 to Yuma. It just looks so good from the trailer. It got really bad reviews for the folks who are supposed to be in the know of how movies rate..........but it is us viewers who *really* rate the movies afterall, eh? I so want to watch this movie. Thanks so much! Hubby is watching "Lonesome Dove" right now! wink.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 14-Jan-2008, 12:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I rented out Dragon Wars tonight. The story was pretty simple but the effects were really good and I would probably put it in my top five of dragon movies. Reign of Fire is still in first place. The story is that there are two serpents one good one evil who must gain the yu go hi? (think crystal ball) to become celestrial dragons. A woman always bears the crystal ball but 500 years ago she and here guard fall in love and escape, and die before either dragon becomes a celestriel.
Forward to LA in our time and the guard and the woman are both alive again and must now get the woman to the sacrifice altar of the good dragon before the bad dragon gets her. Big serpent fight with dragon minions in downtown LA with a few scenes inspired from LOTR and Star Wars and you get the idea.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 14-Jan-2008, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/
Here’s a movie that you can see for free, (that is if you and your computer can handle it)? But don’t blame me, if it “rocks” your world!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 15-Jan-2008, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I've been watching "Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix" recently.

Also, I borrowed "Alien" from the library and watched that last night.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
sirejo 
Posted: 16-Jan-2008, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

Hi there. We recently saw National Tresuare. It was Not a big deal, the same than the first one. It could be better. I am seeking to see Alien vs Predator 2, The first one, even thoug the name did not appear so atractive was pretty good.

saludos
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 16-Jan-2008, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Greetings from CelticRadio, sirejo! Nice avatar -- what do they call Asterix's druid friend in Spanish? In French he is Assurancetourix, and in German Miraculix. I think they call him Getafix in English . . . laugh.gif

We saw Sweeney Todd last week. I don't think it's Best Picture material, but apparently the critics do. Good acting, visually interesting, clearly a Tim Burton live action cartoon. Depp can't sing very well -- he's musical, but he just doesn't have much of a natural singing voice with big drama in it, and there wasn't time to train him right. Ditto for Helena Bonham Carter, although she was very funny and oddly sympathetic as Mrs Lovett. Depp did a lot of his posing and characterization on the Edward Scissorhands idea -- it works quite well. The murders are very, very graphic, but strangely unreal just the same (thankfully). As far as Alan Rickman, that magnificent Shakespearean -- Burton evidently told him "Just do Snape, but don't shave." Not surprisingly, that astonishing voice of his carries over well into singing.

NOT for the kids under 13, anyway, even though the gruesomeness is balanced by plenty of dark humor.
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 16-Jan-2008, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I can't wait to see Sweeney Todd. I have really begun to appreciate Alan Rickman in his other movies, so I do look forward to yet another incarnation of this talented actor. We watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix the other night and I am still unhappy with all the discrepancies between it and the book. Also, we watched Ladyhawke a couple of nights ago. I hadn't seen it before. It's certainly not exactly the best of Matthew Broderick, although his character is likeable; I think perhaps just the fact that he slipped in between having some sort of accent and no accent at all got on my nerves a bit.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 20-Jan-2008, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I watched Wild Hog. Funny movie.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 20-Jan-2008, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (pretentiouswombat @ 16-Jan-2008, 11:30 AM)
We watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix the other night and I am still unhappy with all the discrepancies between it and the book.

Hi Patti,

You and I are of the same opinion concerning HP-OOP - that being that the movie is so far from the book, that other than the time I saw it in the theater, I've never been able to watch it again (not even the DVD). I bought the special two-DVD release hoping that the second DVD would perhaps have more deleted scenes and some good cast interviews (you and I also agree on Alan Rickman - a truly great actor!). However, there weren't that many deleted scenes included and the "interview", if you can call it that, was with the actor who portrayed Tonks, who behaved like a hyperactive five-year-old who'd eaten too much sugar.

Anyway, enough of my ranting - at least the cast is still intact for the most part (although I do miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore).

Have a great week!
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 21-Jan-2008, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (sirejo @ 16-Jan-2008, 12:11 PM)
I am seeking to see Alien vs Predator 2, The first one, even thoug the name did not appear so atractive was pretty good.

saludos

Don't bother. I am pretty non-critical when it comes to movies. It has to be really bad for me to consider a movie a waste of time. This one is.

Other than that, everyone needs to see Cloverfield. Shot in cinema verite style (think YouTube), it is told from the perspective of some of the teeming masses trying to escape "the monster" (and there is a monster in glorious Godzilla-style).
What is interesting is the film does not try to explain the what or why this all happening, just that it is happening and what people do to deal with it.
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 22-Jan-2008, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

The Bucket List is a 10
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 23-Jan-2008, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I think we've become spoiled with extras on DVD's - now we expect them all to be great and it's really a bit of a disappointment when they turn out like HP-OOP. I watched the extras and said "hmph" - not impressed. But when it comes to the deleted scenes, I thought Emma Thompson eating dinner was a riot. I have to wonder how much of that was ad-libbed and what was actually scripted. The woman is brilliant.

Has anyone seen The Waterhorse? My kids and I haven't been to see it yet and I'm wondering how it did and if it's still out. If it didn't fare that well in the theatres, we might as well wait until the DVD is released. It did look cute, though.

PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]