Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Hope everthing is going well for OR and the family.
Been away from the office for a bit. It is always fun to get out and about.
I mentioned before about doing some yard work. Well tueaday I was finishing the grass and started to mow in an area near the house. Well, a few days earlier my wife and I planted some blue spruce seedlings (about 6-inches tall). Thats right, you guessed it! Ran those suckers right over with the tractor! I forgot they were there! The wife was not too happy. mad.gif

But I redeemed myself a short time later by rescuing a baby bunny. angel.gif

cheers
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 18-May-2005, 03:26 PM)
Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with my computer and I haven't been on it much. I'm packing up for Gatlinburg. The campers is ready and we have our kilts... I hope to be in good view of CAD-I'm so looking forward

Hi G!

Are you headed for Highland Games in Gatlinburg?

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone!

Sonee! So good to see you back. I wondered where you went off too. wow! You almost moved? Where to? Sorry you have to unpack now. That is a lot of work and I always hated that part when we moved. As far as your child changing schools, I am not one to answer that as I have never had any kids, but dogs! LOL I hope you are doing well and keeping cool.

Hey JP! Pretty funny what you did to your seedlings.............OOPS! Glad you made up for it though with the bunny! LOL

Hi gwenlee! Have a great time in Gatlinburg. Hopefully next year if CAD is there, I will be there too. Going to try to drag SB with me, aren't I, SB?! laugh.gif That is right! The name is New Echota! Can't believe I forgot the name of it. How is it there now? Have they done anything new there? Sorry about your pc. Hope you get that worked out.

SB, you and gwenlee should get together at the Stone Mountain games! How you are you doing? Hope things are going smoothly with your son's wedding coming up. Wow! It is so hard to believe he is getting married now.

Hey Rindy! It is hot out there today I can tell, but haven't checked the temps yet. Supposed to get to 110 this weekend.

I spent most the day yesterday fighting with Live 365 cause my Highlander Radio was giving me no sound! I was so beside myself. I finally found the tech support people and they got me going again..........yay!

I finally lost another pound! Sheesh! I spent a whole month not losing anything. guess I reached a plateau and was worried that that was it! One of my dogs ran off this morning to chase after a lizard! I was screaming at the top of my lungs for her to come back and she didn't mind me. dry.gif Bad dog! But the whole neighborhood I am sure heard me! laugh.gif

Well I wonder how OR is doing? I hope he and his family are all getting their rest and having fun.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Later!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Hi everyone. I'm home again, just me and my animal kingdom. king.gif I left my two ladies a half hour ago. Good news, though. They will be coming home tomorrow, and starting saturday, I'll be able to spend all day with them both until I return to work the following friday. smile.gif I finally got to hold Coira without six inches of bundling. What a squirmer. biggrin.gif

She's changed her looks so much already. For the better, of course. wink.gif But the batteries died in the camera, so I'll get some good pics of her tomorrow night, when she's home. smile.gif

I'm starting to feel guilty, coming in here and only talking about my house. Looking for 'OR' in other posts, so I can answer any questions. Soon enough, I'll have a little more time to listen to your lives. smile.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Sonee 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Evening all!!!

Well, OR, right now your life is certainly more interesting than mine so I'd rather listen to yours than have you listen to mine!!! biggrin.gif
Take all the pics you can. They do change, right before your eyes!! And grow up so fast all you can do is shake your head!!

Actually, Ròs, I wasn't moving all that far. Only to Lincoln, Nebraska. About 2 1/2 hours from where I am now. And unpacking is awful!! Maybe I'll just leave most of it packed until we really need it!! Then maybe I'll have one of my kids unpack it for me!! (I thought that's what we had kids for anyway, to have them do the things we don't want to!! Was I wrong all this time?!) unsure.gif
Congrats on the weight loss!! I'm still at my plateau!(at least that's what I keep telling myself!) But, I just bought a Gazelle Edge so I'm hoping to jump of that plateau anytime now!! thumbs_up.gif

Don't feel too bad JP, I tilled up some squash I planted the other year cuz I thought they were weeds!! (My husbands favorite garden food is squash!) Saving the bunny should garner you some good karma and maybe even the score about the seedlings!!

Not to show my ignorant streak but... what is CAD? You guys use some abbreviations that are apparently beyond me!! (please don't bean me with rotten tomatoes or anything!!)

Everyone take care and I'll be seeing ya!

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-May-2005, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sonee - I think CAD means Clann an Druma, a favorite band among many of our friends here.

Wow Rosie - a 110 degrees already! But it is a dry heat, correct?

Everyone take care.

cheers
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 20-May-2005, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 19-May-2005, 07:12 PM)
Hi gwenlee! Have a great time in Gatlinburg. Hopefully next year if CAD is there, I will be there too. Going to try to drag SB with me, aren't I, SB?! laugh.gif
SB, you and gwenlee should get together at the Stone Mountain games! How you are you doing? Hope things are going smoothly with your son's wedding coming up. Wow! It is so hard to believe he is getting married now.

Celticrose, you know my traveling motto:
"I can be packed in 20 minutes!!" laugh.gif laugh.gif
You bet I'll go to Gatlinburg with you if CAD is there. I'd like to see them in person myself.

Gwenlee, I do plan to attend the Stone Mt. Highland Games this year so let's try to meet! Aren't you with the Donnachaidh clan booth? That's my husband's clan (he's a Reid) and I think he would like to visit the games again; we hope to get a chance to hear a friend play his fiddle - he likes to bring his fiddle & 'jam' with some of the other musicians there. (Oh Rosemary, you may remember him - Keith Dunn, he used to do acrylic paintings and show in those Mable House art festivals! He doesn't paint much now and says he'd rather be fiddling!)

What I love to watch too are the dancers... didn't get to see much of them the last time we went to the Stone Mt. Games, had to leave too soon.

Siobhan Blues
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-May-2005, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

OR, you have exciting things going on in your life right now that your friends here want to hear about. So chat away and tell us all! So Coira is a squirmer, eh? Hold tight! LOL Hope all goes well this weekend and you get some new pics for us. I can't believe how quickly babies change either. It is amazing!

Hey Sonee! Well moving is a pain in the behind! I hate it and hope to not have to do it again........ever! What is a Gazelle Edge? I really need to get myself back on my recumbent bike.......so I say everyday. rolleyes.gif

yes, JP! CAD is for Clann An Drumma. Several of us here are big fans of theirs.

It only got up to about 105 today, but they are saying 112 by Sunday. It is dry heat and you get used to it by staying indoors where there is lots of a/c! laugh.gif laugh.gif When you go outside, it is like being inside an oven! But we all have thin blood out here and like I said, you get accustomed to it. I would much rather be hot than cold. Can't stand the cold and hate snow.......so I am true desert rat! LOL

My vehicle broke down this morning..........thankfully in my garage. Tis the season for vehicles to break down now because of our intense heat. I hate to drive the freeways this time of year because when we're this hot, the roads are actually 150 degrees, they say, and you see blow outs on the road all the time........scary!

Y'all have a good weekend. We're planning to see Star Wars so we will see.
doontheroad 
Posted: 20-May-2005, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

female

Hello to all with such wonderful ideas. Trips to Scotland canna be beat. Perthshire is wonderful. Best of all, too all.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-May-2005, 12:04 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well hello doontheroad! Nice to meet you! Welcome to the forum! How did you find us?

Have you been to Scotland before and how many times? And where all did you go? I hope to go in a year or two. Do you speak Scots? You should join us in the Scots Dictionary thread in the Scotland forum here. Some of us are trying to learn Scots Gaelic too. Hope to get to know you better!
Rindy 
Posted: 21-May-2005, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everybody!!

Hope it is going well for everyone..

Sonee- it was 80 here today too-
CelticRose- I feel so sorry for you- I couldn't handle that heat..
Jpm- you mowed them????? ohmy.gif

OR- hows the new baby doing? How exciting!

Well got lots of catching up to do here you have all been so busy!!

Have a good evening!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 21-May-2005, 11:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Hello everyone!!

Hope everyone's weekend is going good. Mine's alright I'm at work all weekend and wish I was out camping and enjoying the weekend but there's always next weekend!!

Well gotta get back to work, talk to everyone later!!

cheers.gif
PMEmail Poster                
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 22-May-2005, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

clap.gif Hello One and All, It's been forever since I've posted here. Sorry...it's been really hectic and I just haven't had the time to get on here like I used to. My Mom got sick last month and was in the hospital for 16 days. 4 of them in the ICU and we didn't know if she was going to make it or not, but thanks to God she did. She hasn't bounced back like I hoped she would. I'm just thankful that she is still with us.

My daughter Elizabeth graduated from college with a degree in Business Admistration last Saturday, that was a happy day for my family. We had a big cook-out and popped a bottle of bubbly in special honor of her. She doesn't plan on going to work, she prefers to stay home and be a Mom to my grandson who is 2 years old. That is a job in it's self! He is a live wire.

I was able to take time for hubby and me this week-end. We took off on our motorcycle yesterday morning and rode to the Shenandoah Valley in Va., got on the BlueRidge Parkway and rode for over 50 miles. I guess we rode about 420 miles total.

I've missed you all and I hope everyone has been peachy! biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 22-May-2005, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Howdy everyone! It has been another wonderful day here. It was in the upper 70's beautiful. I got a lot done today- that always makes me feel better.

Moonchild you went camping huh? Wish I was sitting up on a stream in the mountains right now. Soon...Still have snow up there.

Maggie- it is so good to hear from you. I am so glad your mom is ok. How scary that must have been.
Congrats on your daughters graduation. She will always have that to fall back on when her child is grown. I think that is so great she is a full time Mom. As you know its the hardest job in the world..
Hope you will be around more-missed you..

Celtic Rose did I see your weather somewhere say it was 111 degrees? Oh I wouldn't make it there.. oh I suppose I would but that is hot hot- and you say it isn't as hot as it gets. unsure.gif

Everyone have a wonderful evening..
Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 23-May-2005, 12:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 22-May-2005, 08:14 PM)
Moonchild you went camping huh?  Wish I was sitting up on a stream in the mountains right now.  Soon...Still have snow up there.

Hi Rindy sorry about my post I should have been more clear. unsure.gif

I didn't get a chance to go camping this weekend since I had to work but I might next weekend, it really depends on the weather!! It's been really nice during the day but cool at night!! No snow thank goodness! tongue.gif Sorry to hear you have snow!
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]