> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Rindy 
Posted: 11-May-2005, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (oldraven @ 11-May-2005, 08:53 PM)
Still waiting. dry.gif That darn girl just doesn't listen.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Let us know....
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 11-May-2005, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

QUOTE (oldraven @ 11-May-2005, 10:53 PM)
Still waiting. dry.gif That darn girl just doesn't listen.

tongue.gif Your little one is warm and cozy, safe and loved, and doesn't want to leave all that for this cold bright world just yet! laugh.gif Go get your sleep, and tomorrow make sure the groceries are all stocked up. Things will be hopping soon enough, and sleep will be at a premium!!

Hug Ange, and keep us posted!
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-May-2005, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Dreamer! How are you doing? What is new with you? Good advice to OR!

OR, you said "girl." do I take it baby is a girl? Well, there is always Monday and you will have her for sure then. wink.gif

Hey Rindy! Gosh! I can't believe you are snowing up there when we are hitting 100 degrees this week! Hope you had a good day!

I hate it too when people just disappear cause you never know what happened to them and I tend to worry whether something bad has happened. but I guess people get busy with other things. I have to remind myself that there is life beyond the message boards! biggrin.gif

I had a good day. Hubby came home several hours early. My neck and back pain wasn't as bad, so I wasn't as cranky today. laugh.gif Got some new concert DVDs to watch. Yippee! Probably will do that in the morning..........after I run errands of course.

Hope everyone else is doing fine! Dragonboy we miss you! sad.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 12-May-2005, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hi everybody.
Was out of town yesterday so I myself was MIA - just for the day.
OldRaven: how is the baby watch coming along?
CR: don't get too cranky with your back pain, etc. I just can't see you as a cranky person.
My son has not started work yet. It being a construction job, it may be hit and miss for a while. I do know he will be working a little bit tomorrow.

TTFN
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 12-May-2005, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

The baby watch is still going. And by girl, I mean the wife. We didn't ask what we're having. I'd like to keep that a surprise. smile.gif It's the way we've done it since the get go, right. wink.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-May-2005, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everyone.

Sounds like the day was a good one.

Hi Celtic Rose, I survived the snow. Weird weather. Let me know how you like the DVD's. I know you will like one of them!!! HEE HEE. How hot are you in the summer?
I couldn't handle the heat...guess you could get used to any of it.

Dreamer what type of martial arts does your hubby teach? Sounds like your day was full. Speaking of coats. I had to go did my sweater out due to the snow.

Old Raven, nothing yet I take it??

JpMoore-lots of construction out here now. We are booming due to methane gas. Lots of people and no where to live..
So they build.

Well have a great night everyone..

Slainte

smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 12-May-2005, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi everyone,

CR....hope you are feeling some better each day. Maybe soon you will be pain free. How did you hurt your back and neck?

Dreamer...I like the sound of the support fence. I bet looks great. You do have a hectic schedule, sound a bit like my daughter. I remember the days when our kids were involved in so many activities. Kind of nice now to sit back and let the next generation take care of things. I just have to make sure to wear the right t-shirt to each of the grandkids ball games. biggrin.gif Each team sold t-shirts to the parents and grandparents with the names of the kids on the back of the t-shirts. I have three shirts...two of them have two grandkids names on them cuz they are on the same team. Two of them play t-ball, one plays hardball and two of them play softball.

JP...Glad you are back. Did you have to out of town on business or pleasure? My son-in-law worked construction for a couple of years. He liked the work but the weather certainly played a big part in how regular he worked.

OR...Now a days most people want to know the sex of the baby, but I agree, it is nice to be surprised. How are you both holding up?

Rindy....Snow??? I didn't realize that there were still parts of the lower 48 getting the white stuff. Good luck on keeping your flowers going til the weather warms up so you can plant them.

As for myself, everything is packed and we hope to be on the road before 9a.m. tomorrow. We are heading for Michigan for a friend's mother's funeral on Saturday and will staying thru the 23rd. Next Saturday, the 21st, is when we are have a memorial service for my dad. Because my dad was in a Scottish regiment from Canada, my sister was able to arrange for a military service which will include a piper, which is traditional in Canada. My dad would be so pleased to have the bagpipes played at his service.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 12-May-2005, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone

I just got home from Scottish Country Dancing. We had a good group and the dancing was fun. I haven't been around much lately because too much is going on in my life. I went to the Culloden Games April 30th and May 1st. On Saturday the weather was horrible. We had a terrible down pour with winds. But by noon the rain had stopped and part of the day was salvaged. Sunday was beautiful and we had a good crowd. Tonight we have a SCD social and general meeting. Then next weekend I'll be in Gatlinburg at the games there. If anyone happens to be at the game stop by the Clan Donnachaidh tent and say HI. I'll also be at the Blairsville game on June 11-12 if you are there you can find me dancing or at the Donnachaidh tent.

Hi Rindy I can't believe you had snow. The weather sure has been crazy. I thought we were in global warming.

OR--As a labor and delivery nurse and a mother of four I can tell you babys do come in there own time. Not one of mine came when they were suppose to. I love it that you don't know what it is yet. I know it is nice to know the sex prior to birth so you can better plan but I think it takes something away from the event. I always loved it when a couple got the opposite of what they were expecting. Anyway may the mother to be have an easy labor and congratulations
oldraven 
Posted: 13-May-2005, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

No baby yet. I'm hoping now that she holds out until monday, so I can spend the weekend putting new brakes on the TurboCoupe, and getting it ready for cruising season. biggrin.gif They will give her the Gel at 7:30am, send us home, and when the contractions reach the five minute mark, we'll head in. smile.gif There just aren't enough beds in the city to keep a woman for twelve plus hours, when she'll be all that much more comfortable at home anyway.

She's been getting more and more tired every day this week, and starting last night the bones in her pelvic region have been paining a lot. Pretty soon I won't be able to make whale sounds at her without getting my arse kicked. wink.gif

As for the sex of the baby, I see no reason to find out. 90% of the baby stuff we have came from hand-me-downs and gifts. If we have to fork out some cash on girls clothes, (Ange's cousin have us eight garbage-bags full of boys clothes), we'll survive. I think the most wonderful part of the day will be finding out if it's a son or daughter. My generation is the first to have this option of insight. I don't see any reason to break with tradition if it will take away from the experience. smile.gif

Here's the nursery. As you can see, we've been ready for a few weeks. laugh.gif Can anyone vouch for the diaper-genie?

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 13-May-2005, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Diaper Genies are a great invention.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 13-May-2005, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Those things are awesome! Although in about a year, you'll have to move the crib away from the mini blinds. Those little fingers LOVE to pull on them. wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 13-May-2005, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (Irish Stepper @ 13-May-2005, 02:13 PM)
Those things are awesome! Although in about a year, you'll have to move the crib away from the mini blinds. Those little fingers LOVE to pull on them. wink.gif biggrin.gif

If all goes to plan, in about a year, we won't be anywhere near Alberta. biggrin.gif

But thanks for the warning. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-May-2005, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

OR I am so glad you shared the photos of your baby nursery cause it all looks so nice and comfy for baby. I hope Ange can hold out till Monday for you all. Let us know something as soon as you can, ok? Tell her we are all thinking about her and the baby and that all will go quickly and she won't have to be in labor long.

JP! good to hear from you! How's work and travel for you? Well hope your son's job goes well. haven't seen me cranky yet, eh? Well there are few folks who would disagree with you! Between chronic back pain and the big M, it happens! Though I don't like to be that way.

gwenlee! so good to hear from you. Sorry about the rain at Culloden. Hope you have great weather at Gatlinburg and give us a full report on CAD there! wink.gif May I suggest the best CD to get of theirs? Tribal Waves! I love Tribal Eyes too! Rindy may have a different opinion though. Hee hee

Bluegrass, have a nice and safe trip. Thanks for your kindness. My back and neck is a congenital condition inherited from my grandma, dad and my youngest sister has it too. I have scoliosis, arthritis, bone spurs, a rotated S spine and a bulging disk. I am on the internet a lot, but have to get up frequently and a lot of times go lay down for awhile to ease the pain.

Dreamer! So wonderful to hear from you and know what all is going on in your life! Sounds like you have a very busy life! Wow! I always wanted to get into martial arts, but was too shy. Keep in touch!

Hey Rindy! Hope you got to go see Orlando's movie and had a good day with no snow! LOL

hello to everyone else and hope you have had a good week and will have a good weekend too.

Slan leibh a-huile duine!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-May-2005, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Irish Stepper! I forgot to say hello to you, sorry! Hope you are feeling better with your foot.
gwenlee 
Posted: 14-May-2005, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey CR I can hardly wait for Gatlinburg. I hope our tent will be in view of the entertainment and I can have a very good view of CAD. I love going to the Smokies and I'm hoping for some great weather. Tribal wave is the CD I'm planning to get. I've heard it is very good.

I had a good time last night at the social. The Westville demo sounds like it will be a lot of fun. There will be a re-enactment of the Creeks attacking the settlement. I'm told by those who went last year they danced while the attack was going on. For those who don't know, Westville, GA is a 1835 township. It's an educational center showing people what a town in 1835 might have looked like.

Well I have to go and get a few things done. Tonight I'm going to Red Top MT State Park and listen to a group call Haggis and Hominy. I've never heard of them but I think from the name of the group I can figure out what kind of music I'll be hearing.

OR how is the lady in waiting?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]