Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What's Your Opinion Of The Death Penalty?

What's your opinion of the Death Penalty?
All for it [ 5 ]  [41.67%]
Against it [ 7 ]  [58.33%]
unsure [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Welsh Guy 
Posted on 09-Oct-2003, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Paris, France

"Home Plan Pro", I'm just finishing off the designs for the restoration work of our Normandy House, but the designs can only be printed out from within the program.

--------------------
Quand tout renaît à l'espérance
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 09-Oct-2003, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

OK unfortunately no help from me. Sorry sad.gif First time have heard of the program.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 09-Oct-2003, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Well it looks like I am the only one who believes in the Death Penalty.

As I have said before "I am an ol' soul". If a person intentional takes the life of one of my loved ones. I, for one, would not be content until they were put under.

I believe if you gave the Criminals to our Women. I am quite sure that the Crime Rate would go down GREATLY.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
3Ravens 
Posted on 10-Oct-2003, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

Absolutely! There is nothing more vindictive than a group of women whose family/ friends/etc have been harmed! Hooray for the Clan Mothers!

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted on 10-Oct-2003, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

However, with that said, I also think that there are a lot better things that we can do besides the death penalty. The only time we should kill is for defense. The prison system (esp in the US) is punishment enough!
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 10-Oct-2003, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

That depends. A lot of prisons in the US are more like country clubs rather then prison. I say we should bring back things like chain gangs and such because prison is not suppose to be like Club Med but without the epense to the prisoner.

But the death penalty doesn't bring back the prisoners victim. Another thing I personally think on the issue of prisons is drug offenders. Why is it the police go after those that are buying instead o going after the sellers? I saw a cops show the other night and instead of setting up a sting to catch the sellers they posed as sellers and arrested something like 19 people in 3 hours. that's 19 jail cells filled instead of going after the far fewer dealers and stopping the buyers from having a place to buy from. This then also causes us the tax payer to have to pay for every one of these 19 buyers meals and housing (hence the chain gang idea let them grow their own meals instead of living off our backs)

But would it not make mopre sense to set up stings to catch the 1 dealer instead of the numerous buyers? Far less time spent and far less people to house and clothe and feed. dry.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 10-Oct-2003, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

I have to agree with the fact that prisoners (in the U.S.) live better than me. But I do not like the chances of someone who is a real sick killer being able to get the chance to get back out on the streets.

To kill someone for greed, hate or just for the fun of it should not just have their fingers slapped, sent to their Country Club for seven to twenty-five years then get out. They would probably miss the lifestyle that they were accustomed to and do something else just to go back in or because they couldn't make it out on the streets.

Killing in defense is a totally different matter. They all have their variables.

I am not a fighter and I don't like to argue, but I see myself as a Protector. Ad I would Protect your choice even if I disagreed with you unless it causes harm.

As far as the Clan Mothers.
What would they do to a rapist?
What would they do to a person who killed their husband or children?

I for one would not want to be recipient in that situation.
PMEmail Poster                
scottish2 
Posted on 10-Oct-2003, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well main problem I see is the fact that a judge rules without the possibility for pAROLE AND THEN BECAUSE OF OVERCROWDING ISSUES DUE IN A LOT OF CASE TO SO MANY FIRST TIME DRUG OFFENDERS BEING LOCKED UP THE KILLER CRIMINAL THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN COMES UP FOR PAROLE (Opps sorry just realized I hit cap lock To lazy to go back and retype that all) when a judge rules without the possibility for parole it has to remain so not change 5, 10 or even 50 years later just because circumstances change. All this does is tell others that they can commit murder and crime and get out a few years later despite the ruling by the judge. And hey inbetween you get housed fed and in a lot of cases even educated free of charge to yourself and it all gets billed back to us instead ot the criminal getting what he/she deserves and serving a crimianl sentence not just a few years at club med. dry.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Welsh Guy 
Posted on 10-Oct-2003, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Paris, France

I've always thought that a sentence of life imprisonment should mean "life", I would go further and suggest the authorities offer a voluntary self inflicted euthenasia, with full medical support, to those who demand it.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 10-Oct-2003, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I agree Welsh as I don't really like having to pay for the SOB the rest of his/her life either. That's why I said they also need to bring back the chain gangs and force them to grow and raise their own food and hence lighten the load on the people who want to abide by the law.
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted on 13-Oct-2003, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

What makes me angry is the free schooling they get while they are ther. I sure don't get any help. Do I have to rob a bank to get financial aid?

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 13-Oct-2003, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

And we have to pay for their education to boot.

I seriously feel you folks should take the time to read the tax posts I did and discuss them some as a lot of the junk we have to pay for is just pure abuse. censored.gif
PMEmail Poster               
High Plains Drifter 
  Posted on 13-Oct-2003, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Colorado

male

A rather ironic thing in this country is that most supporters of the death penalty are against abortion because they view it a the taking of a life. Is there something wrong with this picture? sad.gif

--------------------
Be Mindful
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 13-Oct-2003, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I'd say and thanks this gives me yet another view point to add to discussions of this nature as I had never thought of that.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted on 13-Oct-2003, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I have to admit it. I'm one of the two that voted for the death penalty. If you commit the ultimate crime of murder, you should have to pay the ultimate penalty.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]