Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,656 Gold!

This should be the first of many new and revamped additions to the site. The new request database is now complete - well almost complete! There is still a little more work to do, but it is going to have to wait as I am going to go out and enjoy this beautiful weather with the kids!

Check it out here!

Would appreciate any feedback. If there is anything you think might look better, etc. or if it looks A OK.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
hilander1299 
Posted: 16-Jun-2003, 01:45 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Ontario

male

huh.gif To be perfectly honest....I liked the temporary page better....I don't need to see the last 2000+ requests - just what is current with the search for artist so readily available sad.gif

--------------------
OriginalHighlander
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 16-Jun-2003, 03:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I think I agree. Took a good look at it this morning and think maybe that area might be better on a separate page where folks can go and view it if they want but only if they choose. unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Jun-2003, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,656 Gold!

I'm not sure if I am following you two. The request page is the same code as the temp request page, it's just the look that has changed. The request page is on a seperate page.

Are you talking about the top ten requests on the frontpage?

Or are you talking about the page that had the last 5 songs played? That page is not the same as the request database. It will be moving to the frontpage in a few days.

(very confused)

I'll check back when I've had my coffee, but please expand on this so I can take a look at it. What would you like changed? Thanks!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 16-Jun-2003, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

My mistake. I thought you were all talking the main page. Didn't see your link in the message. That page looks fine to me. I was talking about the list on the main page. I actually liked the shorter page version better. Looked cleaner then with the huge list at the bottom. Maybe if it was shortened some might look better but to much extra space at bottom of layout table for the list. unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Jun-2003, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,656 Gold!

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Jun 16 2003, 09:01 AM)
My mistake. I thought you were all talking the main page. Didn't see your link in the message. That page looks fine to me. I was talking about the list on the main page. I actually liked the shorter page version better. Looked cleaner then with the huge list at the bottom. Maybe if it was shortened some might look better but to much extra space at bottom of layout table for the list. unsure.gif

Ok, good. I was beginning to wonder if something was going haywire somewhere as I just was not getting it!

The table you see on the frontpage is going to have some useful information, such as Top Ten requests, last 5 songs, perhaps some high level information from the forum and other tidbits. I have gone back and forth on whether to have this on the frontpage or on a subpage because I too like the simplicity of just the album cover and song information. Really I wonder if I moved it to a sub page if people would even discover it. The information here is going to be low-bandwidth with the exception of a small featured artist picture.

Maybe once I get this section built we can then took a good look at it and see if we should move it to a sub-page. Evalute load time, look, etc.

Again, appreciate your comments on this. Even if it is little and something doesn?t look right let me know as it is easy to change.
scottish2 
Posted: 16-Jun-2003, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well as I mentioned in my previous message (1st one above) maybe have a high profile link for this subpage as I too liked the simplicity of the main page prior to this element being added but this could be useful info as well. Just thinking of those for tuen in via the site they may have to reload this info each time they visit.
PMEmail Poster               
hilander1299 
Posted: 18-Jun-2003, 12:43 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Ontario

male

sad.gif Sorry....I too missed the link....I am simple folk and was confused with the initial confrontation of such an immense list popping us on the initial contact....will investigate further and may have to swallow my words....this site is totally perfect !!!! rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 18-Jun-2003, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

I like it a load more! As one who uses it regularly, it's clean, clear and easy to use.

One thought for when you have time (ha, ha)...

For groups that have "The" at the beginning of their name (ie. The Chieftains) would it be possible to list them alphabetically under the crux of their title? Make it like you did with The Hooligans... by listing them under "H" and Hooligans, instead of "T" and The Hooligans. In other words put The Chieftains under "C".

First I have you move all the Various Artists... now I'm yapping about the word "The" (Clintonesque ain't it?). Can you tell I'm an ex-disc jockey that used to have to file numerous albums?!
cool.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Jun-2003, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,656 Gold!

Good suggestion! I plan on doing some major work on this sort of thing this week and weekend, so I will see how difficult it will be or not be!

Also, the dedication routine is working good now. When you request a song type in a dedication and your name and message will appear in a nicely formatted rounded box on the main page.
Aon_Daonna 
  Posted: 18-Jun-2003, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I might be the first one to say so, but all those wee features are really neat, like the menu on the mainpage and such (graphical eFX I mean)... smile.gif

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Jun-2003, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,656 Gold!

QUOTE (hilander1299 @ Jun 18 2003, 02:43 AM)
sad.gif Sorry....I too missed the link....I am simple folk and was confused with the initial confrontation of such an immense list popping us on the initial contact....will investigate further and may have to swallow my words....this site is totally perfect !!!! rolleyes.gif

Oh don't worry about it! This type of feedback is good as what might be apparent to one person may not to another. Appreciate your honesty!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Jun-2003, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,656 Gold!

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Jun 18 2003, 04:20 PM)
I might be the first one to say so, but all those wee features are really neat, like the menu on the mainpage and such (graphical eFX I mean)... smile.gif

Thanks Aon! Alot more to come in the future, although it might be slow in coming. Something tells me I might be at the beach alot this summer if the good weather ever takes hold!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]