> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
stoirmeil 
Posted: 31-Aug-2005, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I think even in a very cold climate you can have hardier varieties of apple trees if you espalier them --plant them against a dark wall with a southern exposure to take up sun and keep them as free from wind as possible. Ah well -- New Englanders, we have to crunch leaves and eat apples at that time of year or we start to get cranky and fade. smile.gif

Night all! Close to midnight -- going home now.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Aug-2005, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for the information on the apples- sleep well- safe trip home..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 01-Sep-2005, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Good morning, y'all!

Its 75* inside the house this morning, with the front door & some windows opened wide to take in the freshened air. What a relief! The oppressive heat here just leaches the energy out of me and I always feel particularly 'down' by the end of August. Hope is on the way though, as evident in the air today.

My heart aches for all those people affected by the hurricane further west... such tragedy, such loss... I know of one online friend who stayed with her aged parents near New Orleans and she hasn't been heard from yet. Sure hope she and her family made it through okay.

My husband works for the phone company, and volunteered just yesterday to be in the groups that go to restore phone service to the stricken areas. They have to wait until adequate power is restored, but he hopes he'll be able to help in a tangible way when the opportunity comes.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
ghost 
Posted: 01-Sep-2005, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hello everyone

Just a silly question. It may be just me but have any of the forums been moved? I don't see the Celtic Nation or Languages forums at all. Everything below Special Interests on the main page has disappeared... sad.gif

PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 01-Sep-2005, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

NM! I fixed it! sorry... tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Sep-2005, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all!

CC, I am so very sorry to hear about your lay off. How so upsetting. I do hope and pray you will get something soon that you will enjoy. Keep us posted.

SB, I was thinking of you too during these hurricanes and wondering about those tornadoes in GA and wondering if any were close to you. How wonderful Reid going to help out like that. This is just so tragic and horrible for all involved and here I complain about the heat.

Hey Dreamer! Good to see ya. The reenactment group is coming along. I am getting my outfit made now. The whole purpose of this is to encourage me to learn history better and to hopefully find a new subject matter to paint. Not sure I will actually get to the painting, but at least this way I will be in and around the people learning everything authentic that I can from the RevWar period and the Culloden 45-46 should I decide to get back into painting. We'll just see what happens. In the meantime, I have always wondered how people lived back then and I am learning very much from historians, archeologists, teachers and etc. Has been lots of fun talking to them first hand. Hope you are doing well.

Hello Valpal! wow! so you gave your notice, eh? I hope all things work out for you. How are your doggies? Keep us posted and glad you are doing well with your craft.

JP! Ouch! How is your mouth since you had your dental work? How is son now that he has left the nest?

Hello to Mike, Stormeil, Eventide, Rindy and anybody else I have missed.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 01-Sep-2005, 10:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I was just wondering what everyone's plans for the weekend are...

Tomorrow, no plans. I'll probably watch the White Sox game. Saturday, I'm gonna watch the University of Iowa Hawkeyes begin their quest for a national championship. Later, I'm going to the Museum of Science and Industry with my parents to see an exhibit. Sunday, watch the White Sox game.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
MDF3530 
  Posted: 01-Sep-2005, 10:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Oh, and I'll probably crack open a few beers beer_mug.gif tongue.gif ...
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Sep-2005, 11:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Mike! We don't have any plans this weekend. Just doing some work around the house and yard. We have a big family birthday party at our house next Sunday so kind of using this weekend to get ready for that. It's too hot to do anything here, unless you go out of town up north. However, after spending $60.00 on gas yesterday ohmy.gif I'd rather stay home anyway. How did your game go?

Having to look for a new critter sitter for when we go out of town for Thanksgiving. My current critter sitter has a commitment and for the first time cannot take my dogs. sad.gif I don't want to put them in a kennel either. It traumatizes them, I tell ya.

Yesterday was first game for AZ Wildcats so hubby was pretty happy about that. He has been sooooooo excited for the new season to start of Wildcat football and basketball!

MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Sep-2005, 01:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

The Iowa-Ball State game wasn't on TV here, so I was keeping up with the game via the ticker on ESPN. The Hawkeyes won big time, 56-0. I think it would be safe to say that the second- and third-stringers got some playing time.

At least Iowa has more of a national championship opportunity than Oklahoma. They lost to TCU.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Sep-2005, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well to be honest with you, I don't know anything about football. I know a little about basketball and I only keep up with the Wildcats cause hubby is an alummi of the UofA and I worked there for many years, so I support them too. But I couldn't tell you one blasted thing about what goes on in a game. I have tried to ask hubby but I still don't understand it. Guess I am just not really into sports. biggrin.gif However, I do love European soccer, but hubby hates it. sad.gif
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Sep-2005, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Last night, my parents and I went to an exhibition at the Museum of Science and Industry called "Body Works", showing the human body and parts in various stages. All the models were cadavers with the skin taken off. I started to feel a little queasy. If I hadn't quit smoking already, the pair of lungs with lung cancer I saw would've made me do it. The most interesting thing I saw was a comparative cross-section of brains, one with Alzheimer's and one without. You could see the difference in the cortices.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 04-Sep-2005, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Mike, I'm glad you quit smoking, you probably feel better too, don't ya?'

I made a fast trip to my sister's in Mooresville, Indiana on Friday and got back last night. My brother-in-law was in the hospital so some of the family went to be with my sister and visit him at the hospital. Can you believe this, we were on our way to visit him and he calls and says he has been released. He had an allergic reaction to a sulfa drug he had been taking. He went into convulsions and his B/P plummeted to 40/20 but thankfully it went back up after a few days. He seems to be ok now. He had never taken this med. before.

Today I went shopping for some boots to wear when I go out on the motorcycle. I have looked and looked forever. I have three pair but I wanted something a little different! Hoorray!!!! Today I finally found a pair that I hope will be comfy and I won't get tired of. biggrin.gif

Tomorrow is Labor Day and I have to labor! biggrin.gif Back to work, Oh Well another day, another dollar! biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1

PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Sep-2005, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 04-Sep-2005, 08:44 PM)
Mike, I'm glad you quit smoking, you probably feel better too, don't ya?'

Today I went shopping for some boots to wear when I go out on the motorcycle. I have looked and looked forever. I have three pair but I wanted something a little different! Hoorray!!!! Today I finally found a pair that I hope will be comfy and I won't get tired of. biggrin.gif

Let me guess...

Your husband A. has one pair of boots he bought only because he wore the last pair out, and B. he rolled his eyes when you told him you bought your fourth pair.

Most guys have four pairs of shoes. The ones they wear every day, dress shoes for the occasions that require them, a pair of old shoes for rainy days and exercising, and a pair of boots. Women have four pairs of shoes per outfit per occasion.

I still get cravings for a smoke from once in a while. When I do, I run out and buy a pack of sugar free gum.

I once wrote a letter to the Wrigley Company, saying that their Extra line of sugar free gums helped me quit smoking and complimenting them for a fine product. About a week later, I received a reply and a sleeve of those five-stick packs of gum.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Sep-2005, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! Mike! How cool! I worked in pathology for several years as a pathologist assistant and transcriptionist. I find all that stuff fascinating. It is really eery though. I bet you learned lots and I am so glad you quit smoking. I have seen many pairs of lungs that were diseased as a result of that nasty habit.

Hey Maggie! So good to see you! Glad to hear you are doing well. Sorry about your BIL. wow! That must have been scary! Glad he is doing well now. How's your mother doing? Glad to hear you got you some new boots! I bet you are so proud of them! I hear there is nothing nicer than a pair of boots! Sorry you have to work, but have a good day and take care!

Hello to everyone else!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]