Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Camac  Posted on 27-Feb-2010, 08:07 AM
wdorholt;

The Cdn Women's Curling Team got Silver. I don't know about others but I could have sworn I saw a Gremlin ( or perhaps a Troll) sitting on that last rock. Mischievious little boogers. All in all a damn good game and congrats to Sweden.

GO CANADA

Yep....I seen Leprechauns too....those meddlers sure get around rolleyes.gif
PM               
Camac
Posted: 27-Feb-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

LeeLee;

Would you believe that Curling is the second most popular sport in Canada.

As my Mother would say "Playin' Chucky Stanes"

Camac

Patch 
Posted: 27-Feb-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I watch the olympics only occasionally since the OC's scandals which went public in the last couple of olympics here and a couple abroad.

There some fine athletes participating but unfortunately they are tainted by corruption at the top.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 27-Feb-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

3 Gold to-day. Men's Curling, Speed Skating Pursuit, and Snowboard Slolum.

Total Gold for Canada 13. To-morrow if the fates are kind it will be 14.

GO CANADA

Camac

Dogshirt 
Posted: 27-Feb-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

In your dreams!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
wdorholt 
Posted: 28-Feb-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 27-Feb-2010, 10:16 AM)
My wife thinks I'm crazy for watching curling. I can't explain it, I just like it.

beer_mug.gif

Just a hunch Dogshirt, but I think your wife may have other evidence! I do agree however that there is some strange attraction to watching that sport!

--------------------
Is beannaithe iad a shantaíonn an ceartas
(Blessed are those who desire justice)
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 28-Feb-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Dogshirt;

It may be in my dreams but winning the 14th Gold, although it would be great, is irrelevant as if I am correct the Country that has the most Gold (not most medals) wins the Olympics. If that is the case then #14 will be the icing on the cake.

Camac.

mcnberry 
Posted: 28-Feb-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Congratulations on Canada's Gold Medal in Men's Ice Hokey!

My son and I were glued to the TV!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Camac
Posted: 28-Feb-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

WE ARE THE TRUE NORTH. Canada now has 14 Gold Medals the record for any single Country won at a Winter Olympics. We own the Gold Podium.

Congrats to the US on Silver. They played a great game and forced it into overtime. In the end though it is our game. 3-2 Canada.

Camac.

Leelee 
  Posted: 28-Feb-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

YESSSS!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!! 14th Gold Medal for Canada and the first time a Hosting Country has won the most Gold Medals in Winter Olympic History!!! What a ride biggrin.gif We Believed cheers.gif

Camac: Yes I did know that about Curling....tis the Briar biggrin.gif
PM               
mcnberry 
Posted: 01-Mar-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Camac,

you have every right to gloat!
I am sitting here with my son, watching the Closing Ceremonies. It is nice to see a people being proud of their heritage and country! What a warm welcome and good bye to the athletes from all around this world! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
wdorholt 
Posted: 01-Mar-2010, 02:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

"May the most that you wished for, be the least that you get!"

Congratulations to our fine neighbors to the north on a beautiful Olympics!
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 01-Mar-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Well it's all over but for 17 days we were at the centre of the Universe and it felt good. Now the quiet, restrained, polite people of the North will return to normal and in 6 months the world will have forgotten we are here. It's the way it is with Canada. We will go back to quietly working off stage doing the things we do best and what the world has come to expect from us, then something will occur and we will be thrust back into the limelight to enjoy another brief moment of Glory. "Only in Canada, EH" You will have noticed that in the closing ceremonies we took the opportunity to laugh at ourselves and remind everybody that we are a country full of R.C.M.P., Hockey Players, Beavers, Moose, Lumberjacks , and Maple Leafs, every Hollywood Stereotype ever put on film. For 17 days the whole country went out of character and now it's time to settle down and fade back into the background there to wait until the need arises again. In the words of those Famous Canadian Brothers "Take Off, Eh"

Camac.

oldraven 
Posted: 03-Mar-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

That was definitely the most enjoyment I've ever gotten out of the Olympics. And I believe it's the best Olympics for Canadians that will ever happen in my lifetime. I'm VERY proud to be a Canadian, and glad the world now gets to see why. Let this be a testament that multiculturalism CAN work, and a nation can thrive with it.

Hockey is our game. We did not 'kick-ass', we played hard, and were evenly matched by a number of other teams, and we managed to come out on top. That was honestly one of the best games of hockey I'd ever seen. 19 seconds left and the US ties it up? We did not whoop anyone, just won. And THAT is why I'm so proud of our Men's team. I'm proud of the Women's team too, but they won because they out-gunned everyone out there. The Men had to work hard for their Gold, and just barely got it. That's triumph.

As for those who feel there shouldn't be a Women's Hockey in the Olympics anymore, since it's so 'unfair', consider that Canada never did do all that well in the Olympics a decade ago. If you got beaten 8-0, get better. We obviously did. It sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 03-Mar-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

oldraven;

I have not watched an N.H.L. Hockey game since 1974 and even in the previous Olympics I only watched the Women's Team but I must confess that I had to watch the U.S. Canada final for Men's Gold. That was a supurb game and the U.S. really tested our mettle and I congratulate them for such a fine game. It is our game and I agree that it is far better to have to work to win than to obliterate an opponent by some outlandish score. The griping by the European members of the Hocky Federation about our Women's Team is sour Grapes. As you said our girls had to work hard to get to where they are and the Rest of the Teams should get off their duffs and work harder. It's great when we win but even that gets old after awhile.
As to being a proud Canadian, well that goes without saying. I am an adopted son of this land that I Love, it has been so good to me, given me everything and made me who I am asking little in return. Truly we are Blessed by the Gods.

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]