kylassie 
Posted: 29-Nov-2001, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Kentucky

Sure Scottish2, glad to help! :D

This is just me own opinion... I like the midi that you chose, Scottish2! However, is it possible to make your navigation buttons green with white font to make it consistent with your other pages? I think the categories are good, but too small for my eyesight to view comfortably.

Slainte!

Janet :D

--------------------
Slainte,

Janet

aka Kentucky Lassie

aka Janet, Queen of Scots :p
PMEmail Poster               
cdnmama 
Posted: 30-Nov-2001, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Ontario, Canada

female

Hello Scottish2....I like the look of the menus :) Can I make a suggestion? I used Netscape 4.7 and I see what your friend saw too. Netscape is very picky about table codes unfortunately. I took a quick peek at your code and I think if you add...BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"...into your opening table tags, the menu will show the same in both browsers :)

I hope it works for you....good luck!

Deb

Wee Inspirations
PMEmail Poster               
ChocolateFilk 
Posted: 01-Dec-2001, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacElder

Realm: San Diego Area

male

Castles of Scotland slide show

Reading through the posts, and I like the above one best on that page. I use Mozilla 0.9.6. (OEM Netscape).

I enjoyed the Scottish Jokes BTW.

Barney

--------------------
Jesus is Lord ||| Love Kate ||| Clan Ross ||| Science Fiction ||| Windbourne Sound ||| Filker
PMEmail Poster               
cdnmama 
Posted: 01-Dec-2001, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Ontario, Canada

female

Hello again! The menu table looks great in IE and Netscape....way to go! The colours and the size are very readable to me. Aren't tables fun! hehehe Like your friend, it's bugged me too how Netscape views tables differently than IE does. I started out using Netscape years ago, but had IE too...surprising the differences sometimes. Now I use IE as my default and mostly like it :-D

Have fun!

Deb
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 29-Nov-2001, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hi Guys & Gals

Needed some feedback on the menu replacement I have been considering in part to make it easier for me to update more regularly. Here is the link for my humor page so you can see how it looks at present and the second link is the new idea for the menus. Bare in mind I through this together fast so can go bigger on the text size also checking with Paul on one item which will help as well. But this will at least give you an idea how the change will look if I opt to do it for the site. If you could please make note of which loads faster for you just so I know if it's worth it as far as load time is concerned my main deal is the updating time.

http://www.scottishradio.net/scottish/Humor.htm

http://www.scottishradio.net/scottish/test1.html

TIA!!!  :D
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 29-Nov-2001, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

It is possible. I'll have to review how to change link colors as it's bee awhile since I tampered with link colors. Also had another HTML buddy check it out and she said on her version of netscape. (Older version I think 4) she had a mess the table didn't come out like it does in IE. Not sure why it doesn't recognize everything like IE does.Any who thanks for the idea I am also planning on making the boxes alittle bigger as well.  :)  Of course if I go with this. It's allot easier making new tables rather then image maps.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 30-Nov-2001, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I can try that and see. If not she did send me some coding that she fiddled with as she too has sort of been bugged by this alittle that IE sees it so well and netscape flops with it. But she send me a coding with instructions and she says this works fine. Shes not sure why it works but she says it works so will try that and see how it turns out. Thanks for the input!  :)

PS

I tried her code and had a few problems with IE but I fiddled with it in a couple spots. Try this not sure if it will work or not so far everything we've tried doesn't seem to work with putting both a background image and a background color into play in the same table. If it works will share it with you all so you can repeat if you want to.  :)

http://www.scottishradio.net/scottish/test2.html

PPS

OK got word back from her this new coding worked fine in NS as well for her so let me know what you think I've also made the adjustements KY Lassie suggested. What I did was give 4 possible choices. Just let me know the link taht you like best by just copying the text in the link and posting it. I tried white but thought it might be alittle bright so dulled it down alittle so as not to stand out so much but still me readable. :)

PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 01-Dec-2001, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Thanks Barney.

I think I agree out of all that is the most readable yet not to bright or dim for the reader so...

Thanks for the feedback.  :)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 01-Dec-2001, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well if you're interested in how we got NS to also recognize the tables as we have them set up which is a table with a background image with a 5 pixel border. This table is just one cell. Inside this cell is another table this one has as many cells as you need for your overall table. This table has a border of 0 a cell padding of whatever you want I have it set to 5 and cell spacing as needed. This table also has a background we set it as a 1 X 1 pixel image transparent not sure if you can use other colors but we tried transparent for now. This went into the inner tables tag then I added a background coding in each cells TD tag. and amazingly it worked. Here is the coding for the table I used with just standard placement tags in it to help minimize the amount of this post. Hope this helps if you want to jazz up your tables. (cool)

Code Sample:
<table width="50%" border="5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bordercolor="#248028" background="TableBG.gif" bordercolorlight="#00CC66" bordercolordark="#336633">

<tr><!-- Row 1 Column 1 --><td >

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="0" background="Dot1.gif">

<tr bgcolor="#248028">
<!-- Row 1 Column 1 -->
<td BGCOLOR="#248028" width="50%">
R1 C1
</td>

<!-- Row 1 Column 2 -->
R1 C2
</td>
</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#248028">
<!-- Row 2 Column 1 -->
R2 C1
</td>

<!-- Row 2 Column 2 -->
R2 C2
</td>
</tr>
</table>

</td>
</tr>
</table>

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]