barddas 
Posted: 28-Jul-2003, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Connor had arrived while Zeb was showering. He and Isabelle were discussing the current situation.

I believe we need to go to Edinburgh first. If we leave now we can be there by early morning.

Isabelle looked at Zeb and replied "What about Aberdeen???"

I know. But I sence our conjuring little girl is on her way there. If she isn't already. I can not get a fix on her. Something is blocking my visions...But I do know that is where they are headed....She is probably getting her papers ok'd. And I am sure that Jack is not Far behind...

Connor, what news do ye have of his movement....

Connor shrugged. " You guess is better than mine. It's like he just vanished. No one has seen hide nor hair of 'em..."

He must have a transport.....

Isabelle dropped the keys off to a maid, and we made our way to Edinburgh.

The closer Zeb and Isabelle get the more they can sence other supernaturals. It's like they are gathering all, moving.....

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Swanny 
Posted: 29-Jul-2003, 12:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Aidan wasn't happy when I explained that if indeed my destiny was as his order believed that it would occur as a matter of course, regardless of what I did in the meantime. And, in the meantime it would appear that the vampire needs to be terminated in the worse possible way. There's much more at stake than just a sizeable bounty, although the bounty will certainly help my attitude and maintain my motivation a great deal.

Aidan's a great teacher, and he's also a great student. He's also a true Scot, which means there's more than a little piracy in his blood. He had no problem traveling with me, at least until my designated protector shows up.

I didn't remember getting kicked at all. The last thing I remember was pocketing the wooden box and deducting that the damned South American tourist is probably the vampire's lackey. No one at the monastary had any idea what had been happening, and Moira had not shared much information before dumping me and heading back out the door.

The brothers each took their turn examining the wooden box, which Moira had dropped off along with me. It was indeed fascinating. All speculated that it might well be one of three artifacts believed to have been recovered and removed from Jeruselum by the Knights Templar during the Crusdades. If so, it would be perhaps the most powerful supernatural force on the planet.

Until Moira shows up, Aidan will have to be my traveling companion, more or less my protector, and since we're still hunting Mr. Jack O'Calahan, aka the jakal, aka who knows how many other names, Aidan will also have to be my cohort. He claims to be a peace-loving and gentle man with no use for violence, but the gleam in his eye when he was taking target practice with one of my Glocks and during a bit of sparring with basket-hilted broadswords, and his instruction in the use of some rather subtle weapons known to his order all seem to belie that statement. He's also a lot easier to get along with than is Moira. Neither he nor any of the other brothers is willing to speculate as to why she carries such a chip on her shoulder.

In any event, I need to kill a vampire, and the wooden box with the signs of the Knights Templar needs a safe haven, one in which no vampire nor any other supernatural beast dare invade, so Aidan and I are off for Edinburgh, more specifically, for the village of Roslin and it's well-known chapel.

(OOC - I enjoyed a lovely vacation. I'll post pictures on my web in a couple of days to share.)

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 29-Jul-2003, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

My head still ached a little, but the scotch helped a lot. I was thinking of a lot of things and finally the length of the day was just too much. My eyes closed and I was back in the dream.

We had been on the move since before the sun came up; it was almost fifteen hundred when we reached the little road where we expected to be able to ambush one of the bad guys. There were fifteen of us spread out on the little rise above the road, thick with trees and brush, it was about twenty feet to the road below.

The pig man was about 12 feet to my right, his M-60 set up so that he was in a little natural depression. He had broken off some leafy branches and laid them to camouflage his position. Everything placed so that when he started to fire nothing would impede his field of deadly rounds. He was our key person here, we expected two trucks to come down the road, from our left, and when he had them well placed in his field of fire he was to open up. That was the signal for the rest of us to open fire. .

The sergeant was to my left. Sprawled out flat in a little bunch of some kind of bushes that had tiny red berries that looked poisonous. From my position, I could only see one boot sticking out of the vegetation.

I was flat on my stomach, a large tree on the right and a rock about the size of a man’s head on my left. The ground in front had a sort of dip in it where my body fit perfectly well, and I could put my 16 so that I had about a sixty degree range of fire where I was perfectly concealed.

Over the last few days we had been almost constantly on the move. Everyone was tired and sore and grouchy, and we all smelled just as dirty as we looked; but mostly we were tired. A sort of total body tiredness that made one feel as if he had been slowly beaten with a lead pipe.

I don’t know how long we lay waiting. No one was moving and the only sounds were from birds and insects around us. Mostly the insects, they made a sound like a discordant symphony, flying and buzzing and hopping around us. They made the background noise to our vigil. It was a cloudless afternoon, and the sun was intense and hot, but back up on our little ridge it was shady and if there had been a breeze, would almost have been pleasant. It was hard to hold my eyes open, they were so heavy and sleepy. I sort of dozed and watched the road. A mosquito buzzing around my left ear, but there was no way to deter it. I could hear soft snores from the little clump of bushes that hid the sergeant. I would have to remember that so I could rib him a little in better days.

I was almost asleep when I heard the noise of a motor on the road. I saw the loose brushes on my right wiggle a little but nothing else. A jeep came into sight, and sped past us on the road below. Everyone was tense, but held their fire, we were waiting for two trucks. We heard the jeep for quite a ways down the road and we relaxed a little back into waiting mode. But it was just a few minutes later when we heard that throaty diesel sound, then saw two old, beat up deuce-and-a-halves come into view. We all tensed up, and when the lead truck was almost directly below, pig man opened up with those delicious NATO rounds, their fat little lead and steel bodies pounding through the cab of the truck, the gun grunting away happily. The sergeant and I both opened up on the second vehicle and fired through the windshield and down the length of the truck. One of the passengers had opened the door, and was still sitting in the seat, caught somehow with his bloody face hanging down towards the road like he was trying to kiss it. The sixty worked his way methodically down the two trucks and then shut up. Everyone was silent, waiting and listening. I saw the sergeant start to stand and point to the road, a signal to go down and see if we had gotten who we wanted. I was standing up into a low crouch when I heard a sound to the right. Coming down the road was the jeep and another truck. They stopped just down the road, and dismounted into the brush. We fired in that direction but it was just a few seconds and a mortar round landed off behind me and a little to the right. Then another, but this time closer. The sergeant stood, pointed a finger to the rear, then with fist clenched in the air made a little pumping motion. He took off at a trot back into the trees, we started after him. I was up on a knee against the tree and firing down the road, waiting to bring up the tail end. When I saw pig man run back I dropped a magazine out and slamming the new one against the flat of my hand inserted it into the 16. Then firing a short burst down the road I took off after the rest.

I caught up with radio guy who was leaning against a fat tree, trying to reload a magazine, when pieces of wood and leaves started swirling around me. He glanced at me and raised the rifle to sight back down the trail then started shooting, I turned and saw where fire was coming from, fired a short burst then we both took off. We had gone about a hundred feet when I had to stop. I don’t know why, but I had to take a leak, and there was no waiting. I stopped and did the business behind the tree, radio guy watching back down the trail. I started to jog up to him and he turned to catch up to the sergeant, “Thanks man”, I said as he took off. He looked at me out of his sweaty painted face sort of funny and I said for explanation, “You saved my wienie man.” He looked at me like I was crazy then took off. I followed, now watching and listening behind us to see if anyone was following.

I woke up with a start, the sun was coming up, and I could hear Ann in the bathroom. It didn’t sound as if she were feeling so sexy this morning. Oh well, I thought, seems like the bad always comes along with the good. I called down to the desk for breakfast, and then waited for Ann to get out of the bathroom, we had to get to the consulate and get her passport taken care of and I wanted to do it today.

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 29-Jul-2003, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

I washed and dressed and then puttered about the hotel room trying to straighten things up a bit. When I am nervous or worried it makes me feel better to do a bit of cleaning. I made a telephone call to information, was directed to call the Scotland Rail System, and then placed a call there. After I spoke to the ticket master for a few minutes, I had our tickets reserved on the first train to Edinburgh.

Well, we have our tickets to Edinburgh aboard ScotRail, I informed Firth. I paid a pretty penney, I mean pound for three first class tickets - almost 100 pounds apiece - I wonder how much that is in American money?

Firth did not seem to hear a single word I said. He has been wearing that silly grin all day long, like a cat who has swallowed a canary, but when I ask him what he is smiling about he just says its nothing and changes the subject. If nothing else, Firth is a mystery to me. He seems very open and loving, but at the same time there seems to be deep and dark side that he keeps well hidden from everyone.

My head is still hurting, but not the horrible throbbing migraine I suffered with this morning. At least it doesn't hurt to blink my eyes, and my balance is better. The nausea is all but disappeared too.

It looks like we will have to hang around town for awhile. Our train isn't scheduled to depart until around 10 o'clock tonight and arriving in Ediburgh around midnight. Which means we have some time to maybe do some sight seeing while we are here, although it looks as if we have seen about all there is to see of Aberdeen.

Firth seemed lost in thought and merely nodded and mumbled "That's nice, dear."

Just to see if he was listening to me, I said "The aliens should be landing around midnight tonight, and we need to pack enough things to last us until we reach their home planet in the Orion Galaxy."

"Uh-huh, that's nice dear."

Something else was different too. Garfield was sitting in Firth's lap, and Firth was actually rubbing his ears and playing with him! I don't know what is going on, but at least those two have become friends.

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 29-Jul-2003, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

The breakfast got to the room at the same time Ann came out of the bathroom, with her hair tied up in a towel, and dressed pretty plainly she looked, well, sort of green. I was getting the breakfast things laid out, and when she saw the food, she immediatley turned around and went back in the bathroom.

Hmmm, I thought, guess she doesn't drink wine very much. Garfield looked up at me and seemed strangely pleased with himself. I gave him one of Ann's sausages, and he went to work on it. I was hungry and ate everything, leaving just a little for Ann. And then when she came back out of the bathroom, she gave it all to the cat. He seemed to think I was responsible somehow and became extremely friendly. While Ann was in the bathroom on a third trip, Garfield jumped up in my lap and got comfortable. I was scratching his ears and neck and thinking how good looking he would be as a small throw rug. I don't know why, but this thought stayed with me all morning. It made one of those images in my mind I just couldn't get rid of. It was a very pleasing image.
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 29-Jul-2003, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacWillow

male

Isabelle and I slept while Connor drove through the early morning. The road is long and bumpy. What is all this activity that I sence? Why does it seem to grow the closer we get to Edinburgh?
These thoughts race through my head while I try and rest. Rest is exactly what I need. because these upcoming days are going to restless, and I must have my wits about what may happen.

I look out the car window, the sun should be up in a couple hours. As I look at the countryside, I see a blur. It seems to be keeping up speed with the car. Is it? It is ...... That is why I have felt a presence so near....

Connor, stop the car

He gives me the look as if I'm crazy. But I insist on stopping.

As I get out of the car.. I notice the stillness of the morning.
Show yer self.

Nothing. But I can till sence it's presence near. What ever it is it is watching me very closely. I walk leave the car, and head towards the wood. Once in the wood, I hear the chatters of animals.... Then out of nowhere.. as if it had came from the realm a wolf appears.

I can sence the uncertainty in it's mind.

I will cause you no harm

The wolf begins to walk away. Turning round as if to motion for me to follow.....
barddas 
Posted: 30-Jul-2003, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacWillow

male

meanwhile back at the castle the celtic group Barddas still is waiting to get paid..... band.gif

( OOC - sorry it just popped into me head... LOL!)
free2Bme 
Posted: 30-Jul-2003, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

cheers.gif gossip.gif beer_mug.gif martini.gif

OOC: Well, I suppose first I will have to see how much damage Barrdas did to me wine cellar! I will deduct your drinking bill from the amount I owe you for your entertainment, then send you a check in the mail...
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
  Posted: 30-Jul-2003, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

(OOC - More likely ye'll be sendin' a bill in tae mail beer.gif )
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 04-Aug-2003, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

We arrived at the Roslin Glen Hotel as the sun was climbing into the morning sky and were fortunate to acquire a double room facing the chapel, just opposite our accommodation. Aidan had provided a thorough briefing on the activities of the Knights Templar, a great deal of their history, and a great deal of information about them that to my knowlege has never been published. I also had slept during a fair portion of the trip as Aidan drove, so now it was his turn to snooze.

I set up station near one of the spacious windows, my notebook on a nightstand I'd moved into place. The chapel is currently under a large steel-roofed structure similar to a pole-barn in North America. According to the official Rosslyn Chapel Website the structure is to protect the roof during repair and stablization efforts.

Of greater concern to me was a lorry parked near the churchyard, and small group of men that appeared to be working with some sort of high-tech equipment. A quick web-search explained their presence.
For centuries the intricately carved stones of Rosslyn Chapel near Edinburgh have tantalised historians, archaeologists and devoted Christians. A labyrinth of vaults beneath the 15th-century home of the Knights Templar is reputed to contain dozens of holy relics, including early gospels, the Ark of the Covenant, the fabled Holy Grail ? and even the mummified head of Christ.

More than 550 years after the first foundation stones were laid, modern technology is about to put the legend to the test.

A group of Knights Templar, successors to the warrior monks who sought asylum from the Pope by fleeing to Scotland in the early 14th century and fought for Robert the Bruce at Bannockburn, are to make a "non-invasive" survey of the land around the chapel. They will use the latest ultrasound and thermal imaging technology in the hope of finding evidence of the existence of the vaults.
(Knights Templar to use latest imaging in search for Grail

Hmmmm. So here we have a bunch of fellows paying close attention to the very vaults that we need to access surreptitiously to plant this artifact. Interesting. Intresting in the way of that old Chinese curse 'May you live in interesting times."

It doesn't help that I'm already as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I can't point my finger precisely at the cause of my anxiety, but it's a sort of gut feeling, the intuitive idea that a certain oversized mosquito that quit breathing a couple of centuries ago is paying at least as much attention to the chapel and it's surroundings as I.

PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 05-Aug-2003, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

By midday I felt pretty good, I came out of the shower, and Ann was standing there waving some tickets around saying something about how much they cost. I don't think she still felt too good, but she had been sort of shoving things around in the room like she was straightening up.

I was anxious to be on the move and had the feeling bad things were about to happen. What I wanted more then anything was to get out of this blasted country, it had turned into one really strange vacation. I still wondered some about Ann, and how come she had done that silly thing back in the graveyard. Calling up a vampire of all things. I didn't believe in supernatural stuff much, but here it seemed the evidence was overwhelmingly in favor of some pretty strange paranormal things.

Still, it seemed as if it was more suited to the front page of the Weekly World News then real life. But more then anything, my impatience to be on the move was growing. I was contemplating another form of transportation to Edinburgh, but Ann seemed set on that blasted train. I wondered what there was to do in Aberdeen. Maybe we could go walking and sightseeing, or maybe there was a port and we could walk down there, check out a few bars. Maybe get roaringly drunk and have a real good time and get in some fights and have some of those really good memories later on. I glanced over at Ann, then thought maybe not.

This hotel room was getting on my nerves though. "Come on babe, lets get out of here, at least for awhile." She looked at me sort of funny, but we took our bags and locked the door behind us. Out on the street we could see the Train terminal a short distance away, but our train didn't leave for another twelve hours. Still, we walked on in that direction and passed a small store that sold backpacks and other travel gear. "Let's go in there a minute." I opened the door and Ann went in first. Looking around I spotted what I wanted, a couple of decent backpacks, to hold our possesions. They seemed much more practical then the suitcase that Ann had packed back at the castle. I picked out two and paid for them and then to the amusement of the clerk, unpacked my bag and stored everything in the backpack. I looked at Ann, and said, "You do the same, this will be more practical and easier, there is no telling what we are in for yet or where we may have to go." More odd looks, but she started doing the same.

Now the only problem was Garfield, he was getting to be a real pain lugging around in that cage, for one thing he was heavier then a load of bricks, but mainly he was such a snot that I would have liked to see him get a little lesson in humility. Then a thought occurred to me. I looked up at the clerk and said, "Do you like cats?"
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 06-Aug-2003, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacWillow

male

Recap- zeb and Isabelle were headed towards Edinburgh. While on the way he noticed something
moving at the same speed as the car. He asked Connor to stop the car....
Zeb, got out while Isabelle slept.... Zeb saw a wolf and followed it into the wood....

As he followed the wolf deeper into the wood he began to sence an amount of danger.
Just by the skittish behavior of this wolf was alarm enough... As we walked near a clearing (OOC- it's always a clearing) He saw another wolf. It was laying near a tree on the edge of the clearing.
As I walked over near it, I saw that it had been attacked. It was bleeding from the neck...its jugular had been ripped by a bite of some sort. At closer examination, the bite was not that of an animal..But what appeared to be human!!!!
Jack I said out loud.....

With that I heard a a rumbling of leaves and through the brush a figure lept out at top speed.
HE came at me vith a stiff blow. Running and tackling me to the ground! I looked over to the edge of the clearing and saw a cluster of vines.... I summoned the spirits of the wood to aide
me... The vine moved quickly around this man who was cursing and swearing all sorts of nasty comments. AS the vines, began to wrap around him and pull him off of me. He quickly grabbed a dirk ( small knife about 8-10' long) and tried to stab me with it. But he was ensnared in the vines..
At closer inspection, I saw that he was indeed a vampire. And a fairly bave one to venture out near the light. The shade of the wood, must have protected him.

[/B]Who sent you?! Was it Jack?!

He replied with i will tell you nothing!!!! And a few other bright adjectives, and adverbs

Very well then. I will have to use extreme meausures then.

You'll will have to kill me first, he spat.

Very well.....

With that I had the vines lift him to the top canopy of the trees. with another couple of feet he would be out in full sun. He began to scream, and curse, and writh around. Trying to break free.

Ok, it was Jack. He's had us track you!!!!

US? I questioned

No, just me!!!! Just me!!!

What happend to the wolf, and who is US!?[B]

Go burn your bottom...he replied..

I was tired of having to deal with this infidel. He was raised above the canopy...

It quicky began scorching, and soon there after turned to ash..

he was no more....

But this left more question and NO answers.. great....

I buried the wolf, and was about to head back when Connor and Isabelle... came through to the clearing.......
free2Bme 
Posted: 08-Aug-2003, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Much to my relief the clerk replied that he was allergic to cats! I didn't want to create a scene right there in the store, but Firth has no right to try to give my cat away! I would just as soon give one of my children away as to part with my cat. To anyone else, he may just be a four legged nuisance, but to me he was a lifesaver. My sister gave me Garfield when he was but a small kitten, right after the divorce. If it wasn't for having to get up and feed and care for him, I probably would have committed suicide, that was one of the lowest points in my life. Having him there gave me a great deal of comfort, and his love for me was unconditional, just like my love for him.

Honey, I said sweetly, maybe I can find something like a shopping basket to carry him in - the only reason he is in a stupid pet carrier is because the manager at the bus station insisted on it. If he is too heavy for you, I can carry him myself.

Now what do you suggest that we do with the rest of our day while we wait for the train? Hmmmmm? I am game for some fun and adventure, how about you?
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 11-Aug-2003, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

One of the reasons I chose bounty-hunting over law enforcement work is because I hate pulling surveillance duty. I'm a man of action, and this sitting around waiting for something to happen just doesn't suit me all that well. I can do it when I must, and I'm pretty good at it, but God it drives me half mad.

The archaeologist crew were being very thorough. The old fat dude was probably a professor of some sort, lording it over a work crew of students or interns as they set up their ground-penetrating-radar, seismometers and other gear with great precision, recording their measurements in proper scientific fashion and so forth.

From about 10 onward a more or less steady stream of tourists began coming and going, more of them coming than going. It looked like 'hanging out at the chapel' was all the rage today. Of course I didn't recognize any of the people coming or going, but still had to keep watch just in case someone from the pub might happen to show up.

I also watched the shadows, thinking that perhaps the vampire or one of his minions might decide to show up. Other than a few flickers of motion and a stray cat brutally torturing and eventually murdering an innocent little baby songbird, there was nothing noteworthy there either. It's no wonder that house cats are so closely associated with witches, warlocks and other evil-doers. Anyone who claims that animals don't kill just for the fun of it has never spent much time watching house cats.

As I waited and watched and watched and waited I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to everyone. It seemed like only a couple of days before everyone in Scotland was engaged in chasing down this bloody creature and now they seem to have disappeared. That's probably just as well though. This way there are fewer people to get in the way when I terminate this buggerer and cash in on it's head.

PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 15-Aug-2003, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Garfield lay limp and content draped over Anne's elbow, much like a handbag, eyes closed, purring softly, thinking warm and fuzzy kitty thoughts to himself...

I can't help but wonder what is keeping these humans so long? Don't they realize that the balance of Cat Domination depends upon the ability to communicate with secret contacts all around the world. NO, of course they don't.

As I sit cuddled up in the crook of Anne's elbow, all I can think about is how to make contact with the Spanish Cat Underground, who await my important message all the way from Cat Headquarters on the Atlantic Coast of the USA. If only I could reach a computer keyboard somehow.

Still I must bide my time waiting on these silly humans to board the much anticipated train ride to Edinburough. Anne is such a good human, she is gentle with me, carries me anywhere I want to go, feeds me only the best of everything, and rubs me down thoroughly several times a day.

The jury is still out on her male companion. Although he seems a bit too gruff, he may serve some purpose before all is said and done. He needs to show me a bit more respect however. He should be reminded that cats were once worshipped as gods in Egypt.

Oh well, once Anne starts shopping it could last for hours, days, or weeks even! If only she could be so kind as to carry me over to a computer terminal for a few minutes, I could simply type a coded message to El Gato and my mission would be complete.

Garfield yawned and stretched as Anne shifted him from one arm to the other while she sorted through the objects on the gift shop counter.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]