reddrake79 
Posted: 25-Aug-2005, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: oregon

male

I don't know how many different states and countries are represented in this forum, but undoubtedly schools are getting ready to start or have already started around the USA and other countries. This is a request for those schools. As some of you may know, I am a school teacher in a private school. We start school on Monday the 29th. please pray for:

1. our school this year - Canyonville Christian Academy (gratuitous plug www.canyonville.net We saw five students get saved last year and are praying for more this year)

2. Private christian schools in your area ( that they will have an impact for Christ)

3. Christian teachers in public schools (specificaly wisdom and courage to stand for what they know is right)

4. Christian students in public schools (same as above and not to give into peer pressure)

Some of you may know that I am the science teacher, but God has blessed me this year with teaching the freshman Bible class too. smile.gif

--------------------
Friendship, Love, and Loyalty
PMEmail Poster               
zuke 
Posted: 26-Aug-2005, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

male

Please, find no offense in these words. None is meant. I appreciate the fact that you hold your beliefs dear to you, and that they guide you in your day to day life.

I would hope that any teacher of my children in a public school system would keep his beliefs about what he personally finds morally right or wrong (outside of socially abhorrent violent or victimizing behaviours - murder, rape, bullying, theft, etc...) to himself. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
reddrake79 
Posted: 26-Aug-2005, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: oregon

male

Let me be a little clearer, no offense taken btw, I did not mean that the teacher would use the classroom as a platform to preach. It doesn't matter weather the teacher works at a private or public school, there will always be students that want to know what the teacher's opinion or belief is, sometimes even before they talk to their parents. Teachers have a great reponsibility to give wise counsel when it is needed or asked for. How often through out the day do teachers (and administrators) have the chance (weather they want it or not) to teach kids about life? a lot. Students do not just learn about what is going on in the classroom, but also by seeing what kind of life their teacher lives. (also I am NOT saying that the teacher takes the place of parents) Maybe I should rephrase the request this way:

Pray that Christian teachers in public schools maintain a good testimony
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]