gary3 
Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

male

Hello all,

I'm new hear. Been playing Tenor banjo for a few months. I already play guitar and bass. Have formed a band playing traditional sessions tunes and Pogues, Saw Doctors covers.

My other band,, "The Qwax" has a gig at Leeds Irish Centre on 17/12/05, we're supporting The Po Boys.

Just been gathering up some midi files n stuff to listen to various arrangements of tunes I already know.
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

Welcome to the Forum. you will have a great time here. There are alot of wonderful people here. They will make you feel right at home. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads."
So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me!
"Mama Tater"

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to the forum gary3!

I hope you enjoy the music as well as the wonderful people that are here on this forum. I am looking forward to your postings and getting to know you better..we have the banjo in common I am a picker- 5 string..try to be anyhow...do you have a website where your music can be heard? Take care & nice to meet you.
Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello gary3! Fàilte gu Celtic Radio! Welcome to Celtic Radio!

In my humble opinion, you have found one of the best websites ever. The people here are some of the nicest to be found anywhere on the net, and the music is simply out of this world.

So kick off your shoes, grab a mug of your favorite hot (or cold) beverage, turn up the music and have fun! I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask anyone with the word "Guide" beneath their avatar. That's why we're here!

A banjo player from the UK! Wow! I never knew that the banjo was popular in the UK. I thought it was pretty much limited to the US in general and Appalachia in particular! Thank you for helping me to learn something new today! And Rindy! I never knew you played banjo! You're just full of surprises aren't you dear? smile.gif

Again, it is so nice to have you with us, Gary. We are like one big family here, and we just love welcoming new members to the fold! I hope that you will enjoy your stay with us, and that you will come back and visit with us often. I feel quite certain that you will grow to love the place as much as I have.

Welcome to the family, my friend!
And welcome home! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BansheeKate 
Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

Realm: Near Portland, OR

female

Welcome Gary3. I am a musician too. I play a regular session gig near Chicago, playing with a ceili band! Nice to have you here! smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 12-Dec-2005, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Hi gary3 and welcome to CelticRadio.net!! You've found a wonderful resource for musicans (and for those of us with NO musical talent but enjoy those who do!!) I know if you'd like to talk music, there are plenty of those here who either play, sing, perform both for personal enjoyment and for others around here! SO...feel free to ask around. I can't help (being tone deaf it would seem) but there are many here who can...glad you found us and hope to learn more about you soon! Best of luck with your groups as well!

--------------------
haynes9 
Posted: 12-Dec-2005, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Welcome from Navajoland! Great to have you aboard and hope you enjoy many visits to the site. Take care and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]