Cheers

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
MDF3530 
  Posted: 18-Dec-2003, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (barddas @ Dec 18 2003, 01:19 PM)
I totally understand where you are coming from Mirri. Being the Goth/Metal kid at school....

Here, here to being an individual! wink.gif

I'll drink to that beer_mug.gif (actually, I'll drink to just about anything biggrin.gif ) !

In high school, I was one of the kids wearing a flannel shirt with my AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith and Metallica shirts. Never really got into the groups like Sepultura, Depeche Mode, and Jane's Addiction. Anthrax and Pantera were cool though.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 19-Dec-2003, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Anthrax still rock the stage m'dear wink.gif

I don't know if there is one kind of people that can actually make me utterly and totally mad then it's those that get angry at you because you think different.

I was on one of them schools with rich-kids and babes *annoyed*... just imagine the comments you get when you come in with black leather, tight t-shirts (black of course), boots & spiked belt and bracelets? *sighs* and that sort of made me hate them even more. *shrugs* if I don't want to I will never have to see them tight-ar**d idiots ever again...
I mean I had enough friends outside school that accepted my way of thinking and my way of accepting things as well as my dress sense.
Although I have to say I enjoy the funny looks I get when I walk around in a medieval style dress *grins*

but if it's your dress sense or your religion, or just the way you are thinking... everything non-conform seems to be dismissed from society.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 20-Dec-2003, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

Just an update. I sent this to my mother to try and help her understand what I believe in. My step dad saw it and made my mom erasse it before my brother and sister came home and saw it. And my mom wonders why I say the kids are sheltered!

--------------------
Have a day!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

"Always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you'll always land among the stars"

'An it harm non do what you will'
PMEmail Poster                
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 20-Dec-2003, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

reminds me of the problems my mother had accepting the change that I went through within the last few years....
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Dec-2003, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Dec 19 2003, 09:37 PM)
I was on one of them schools with rich-kids and babes *annoyed*... just imagine the comments you get when you come in with black leather, tight t-shirts (black of course), boots & spiked belt and bracelets? *sighs* and that sort of made me hate them even more. *shrugs* if I don't want to I will never have to see them tight-ar**d idiots ever again...
I mean I had enough friends outside school that accepted my way of thinking and my way of accepting things as well as my dress sense.
Although I have to say I enjoy the funny looks I get when I walk around in a medieval style dress *grins*

but if it's your dress sense or your religion, or just the way you are thinking... everything non-conform seems to be dismissed from society.

No tight black t-shirt for me. The more room clothes have for me, the merrier. I'm not what women (or some men) would describe as an adonis. Some guys have a six-pack. I have a keg biggrin.gif .

Seriously, I saw (and was sometimes a victim of) a lot of the cruelty that a lot of the "goody two shoes" could inflict upon people who weren't members of their little cliques. Especially in high school. I tried to turn the other cheek, but one day they went too far with me, and I belted the leader right in the mouth. I got a Saturday detention out of it, but it was worth it. Those monkeys never bothered me again and I transferred to another school the following year.

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 20-Dec-2003, 07:22 PM
RavenWing 
Posted: 22-Dec-2003, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Dec 20 2003, 03:37 AM)
Anthrax still rock the stage m'dear wink.gif

Yes they do, and they were just here not too long ago. I wish I would have gone. *sigh*

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
katydid15 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: NC, USA

female

This is a very good article, one I had saved and printed out. I agree that people fear what they don't understand. As far as the subject of hell goes (and I really don't mean to offend any of you guys who are christians), I saw a bumper sticker that has "stuck" with me. It said, "It's your hell. You burn in it." I was a devoted christian for the biggest part of my life, but now I'm not and never will be again. I am much more tolerant of other folks right to a different opinion than I was then. God and/or Goddess appears in whatever form each person can understand and relate to.

Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents worth in. tongue.gif

Kathy

--------------------
Three people who will please the Gods: they who love all living beings with all their heart, they who love every beautiful thing with all their strength, and they who seek every knowledge with all their understanding.
-- A Triad of Druid Wisdom
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (katydid15 @ Dec 30 2003, 08:31 PM)
God and/or Goddess appears in whatever form each person can understand and relate to.

Very, very well said, Kathy. I totally agree.

Celeste, thank you so much for posting this article. I can't add anything new; all I would have had to share is already mentioned by you other great folk. I loved to read all your posts.
I'm so glad about the tolerance, depth and an open-minded way of thinking I find here. Thank you for that!

gaberlunzie

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Haldur 
Posted: 05-Jan-2004, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

As a Christian I am in agreement with this posting first of all, because it contains actual scriptures which declare the Word of God and show that the wages of sin are death, while if we approach our dealings with others with a Christlike attitude and obey the will of the Father we will walk through the narrow way to Heaven. Many will take the wider path to destruction, but those who follow the narrow path will be lead to the Lord of hosts. We as Christians should encourage others, not condemn as the Pharisees and Saducees did in Jesus's time.
Many confuse the unscriptural with the truth that is the Word of God. I feel this post was created by a knowledgable and honest Christian because they stuck to scripture which are the teachings of God/Christ. Thank you!

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Knightly Knight 
Posted: 09-Jan-2004, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

King of the Kowboys
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri

male

yeah Lets all be different ......Like everybody else

--------------------
If Jimmy cracked corn and no one cares, Why is there a song about it?
PMEmail Poster               
Jaxom 
Posted: 24-Jan-2004, 05:16 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Wales

male

To mis-quote "Forrest Gump"
Religion is like a box of Chocolates.
to truly apreciate each unique one you have to suck it and see.
Having had the grounding in the bible that my mother gave me as a child, I have to say that I loved Celests first post and found many of her points worth digesting or should I say worth a good chew.

I had forgotten Paul and the alter to the un-named god.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]