Posted: 23-Nov-2005, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 23-Nov-2005, 01:35 PM)
I like most all of their stuff, but have to say my favorite is The Night Pat Murphy Died. I'm leaving instructions with my family that I want that as the prototype of my "services" when the time comes.

I had to get a pic to bring back when I walked by Paddy Murphy's pub on my visit to Ireland. That song always goes through my head when I think of it. It says they "Ain't been sober yet", and I'd say that's where they're staying drunk at smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 30-Nov-2005, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Aaediwen I am glad you came back... thumbs_up.gif

I just got finished watching the new DVD that came with The Hard And The Easy.. I really enjoyed it..

I love the design of I think its LOTR on the Bodhran looks like a wizard also.. I really got a kick out of the cell phone call..on the dvd..

I love the River Driver...

This is well worth the money for the cd & dvd-

Way to go Great Big Sea!!! thumbs_up.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 30-Nov-2005, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 30-Nov-2005, 06:33 PM)
Aaediwen I am glad you came back... thumbsup.gif

I had to come back. For the same reason I had to go visit. The homesickness I hear in trad is a large part of why I went. Even after the week there, I was starting to feel homesick for America. As beautiful as the country is, I could not move over there and stay. Just as Ireland was home for all those thousands of people over the last 300 years, America is home to me.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Dec-2005, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I have more people say "play that again" The song is:

Come And I Will Sing You

very catchy tune...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 29-Dec-2005, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

I like that song too Rindy...my daughter and I can't wait to see them in concert in February! This will be her first concert and she is SO exicted...she loves to dance and sing...so the Great Big Sea concert perfectly combines the two!!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Dec-2005, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Amy your so lucky.. Februray is coming very soon.. I hope you can get some pictures.. I bet they are excellent in concert...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 15-Feb-2006, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Well...I am so excited! Thursday my daughter and I go to see GBS in concert!! I'll be sure to check in and let you all know how it was...not sure yet if I can take a camera in...here's to my fingers being crossed! clap.gif goof.gif jester.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Feb-2006, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Amy, I am so envious!!! I am excited for you..lol.. I hope you can take pictures... I hope they play Mairi Mac I think they do that song the best I have ever heard..I will be waiting patiently. lol..Most of all you guys have fun..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 15-Feb-2006, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

i can hardly wait for march to arrive as they will be here in montreal for one night, whoha me laddies!! note.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
  Posted: 17-Feb-2006, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Well - what can I say about these guys except that THEY ARE GREAT IN CONCERT!!! They really, truly are! They did not have an opening band so they started their show right at 8pm. Played a great mix of old and new until bout 9:15. They took a wee break and were back on stage at 9:30. They played again til almost 10:30.

Got to hear General Taylor, Mari Mac, Donkey Riding, Come And I Will Sing You, The Night Paddy Murphy Died and many more...plus they played an 'unplugged' version of Consequence Free....which was excellent!

They did not play 2 of my favs...Boston to St. Johns and Clearest Indication but other wise...was a great show!

If you have one of their dvds...they are just like that...jumping, joking...having a great time - the whole time! SO, if you get a chance to see them...I say go! Could only have been better if they were sporting kilts instead of blue jeans!! wink.gif
roisindubh 
Posted: 10-Mar-2006, 02:40 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Globe AZ

female

Amy, my husband and I were at the Tucson GBS show, too, and it did rock! I've heard fans report that it was a more subdued crowd than at many of their shows, though. We had only seen them live once before, a couple of years ago in Seattle, and it seemed that way to us, too. The b'ys were great, as always, but, like most performers, I think, they do feed on a crowd's energy. I hope you get to see them again with a crowd of long-time fans all bouncing away in "vertical movement." What a hoot!

BTW, I posted some pics from the show here, if you'd like to check them out. Feel free to copy any you like. We met before the show with some locals from the Online Kitchen Party, the official GBS message board. Now that you're a bona fide GBS fan, you might want to check that out, too. Nice bunch of folks there! The GBS site is a lot of fun, too, as someone (Sheilagh?) pointed out here. Be sure to look for the podcasts! They just posted a new one this week. Alas, since we now live in the broadbandless boonies, it takes me about 3 hours to download one to my player, but they're well-worth a listen.

There are quite a few GBS fans on LiveJournal, too, who get into some lively discussions via comments. There are several GBS fan communities.

--------------------
Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it.  — Conor Cruise O'Brien

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.— Alex Levine

The curse of the Irish is not that they don't know the words to a song -- it's that they know them all.  — Susan Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 21-Jul-2006, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for all the information. I love the pictures roisindubh
.. I bet they put on a heck of a show!!!!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Bomb Mom 
Posted: 17-Oct-2006, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Chugiak, Alaska

female

This is my favorite band in all the world...and as grand as their CDs and DVDs are, they are soooooooooo much better live!!! See them if you ever get the chance - you'll be glad you did!!

Bomb Mom

--------------------
Bomb Mom
PMEmail Poster               
caliking_girl 
Posted: 27-Oct-2006, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Nanaimo

female

Hey, I am new here and this is my first post.
I have been a fan of Great Big Sea since I was 16 and first heard Sea of No Cares.
I agree with everyone here, they do put on a great live show. \And the band members are amazing people with big hearts.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Oct-2006, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to Celtic Radio caliking_girl . I hope you enjoy the music as well as the forum. The people here are really nice. I am glad you like Great Big Sea. They are one of my favorites. Someday would like to see them in concert. Their DVD is really good. Also did you know Alan Doyle plays in a band with Russell Crowe (The Gladiator)

you can see and hear them here: Hand In My Heart

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]