Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Save Net Radio Coalition, Help Save Internet Radio!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

Dear Friends, Members and Listeners:

During the nearly 5 years that I have had the pleasure of building and running Celtic Radio I never thought that everything that we have worked so hard to create could be lost in a single moment.

Yet that moment came last Friday when the Copyright Royalty Board announced new rates for Internet Radio Stations. Friends, if these rates go into effect it will basically kill off ALL independent and even big name internet radio sites like Live365.

The RIAA has managed to have our own government's Copyright arm rubber stamp their own agenda which is an assault on all American people by their own legal system. Thousands of independent stations like Celtic Radio will be wiped off the scene and a new age of Corporate only radio sites will replace the community and creativiness that you have all come to know and love.

The purpose of the new rates is to Kill off all independent radio stations in the U.S. and replace it with one big spam machine run by the RIAA. There will be no sites such as Celtic Radio where a person can find the comfort of good friendship, good music and a bit of sanity from this often cruel world.

I am now asking that everyone please help us save this site and the many thousands others like it by contacting your congress and senate. This needs to be done ASAP because we only have 30 days to get this overturned. Please tell all of your family and friends, business associates, teachers, church families. Copy and paste this message in an email and ask them to help.

Please visit this site for more information and links to write to congress and the senate.

http://www.savenetradio.org/

We will not go down without a good fight!

Ideas, Suggestions and thoughts are appreciated.

UPDATE

We will update this section as new links and resources become available. The following links are very important and you can help Internet Radio by visiting these links which include information, petitions and more:

http://www.savethestreams.org/

http://www.saveourinternetradio.com/

Save Internet Radio Petition #1

Save Internet Radio Petition #2

Email Congress

Follow up with a phone call: Look Up Phone Numbers

Example Text to use for Congress and Senate:

As your constituent and a fan of Internet radio, I was alarmed to learn that music royalty rates were recently determined by the Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) which, if enacted, would certainly silence most or all of my favorite online listening services. For most webcasters, this royalty rate represents more than 100% of their total revenues!

The shuttering of the webcasting industry would be a loss for not only independent business owners, but also for musical artists, for copyright owners, and for listeners like me who enjoy the wide variety of choices available via Internet radio.

I respectfully request that your office look into this matter and initiate action to prevent it. As the CRB rate decision is retroactive to January 1, 2006, please understand that time is of the essence -- as the immediate impact of this decision could silence many Internet radio stations forever.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

UNBELIEVEABLE!

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
itsmewendylee 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

female

Podcasters like myself will be next, no doubt. I limit myself to mainly independent artists who still own their own music and grant me individual permissions to play their music for no profit, which will give me a loophole in this specific action. But the fat cats of the RIAA will not be satisfied to stop at internet radio.

College radio stations who archived their shows on the net have already been forced to take their archives down. Now they are after internet radio. Podcasters will be next. It's insane. How can this happen in a democratic, free-market society?

I will pass along the info to everyone I know. WRITE IN, DEAR FRIENDS AND LISTENERS, WRITE IN!

Wendy

--------------------
Even the mighty oak is just a nut that held it's ground.
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I am sending the following mail to several of my friends:

A public service announcement from a friend. The corporate suits are at it again. It is not enough that they curtail your rights of fair use by locking your CDs and your computer files to self destruct like a audio tape from Mission Impossible. NO! They want to stamp out all competition! By eliminating Internet radio and thereby the venues where thousands of otherwise unknown independent artists get heard. This is not the first time that Internet Radio has been threatened. And every time, hundreds of wonderful stations are wiped off the Internet. Just because they play what people want to hear. Unless you want Internet radio to be controlled by Clear Channel, and every Internet radio station be be like MTV ("I remember when you could actually hear good music on the Internet."), then please. Help to take a stand.

If the corporate suits can do this to Internet Radio, you can bet that popular sites such as Myspace and Youtube where so many hang out, will go the way of the Dodo as well. If this is allowed, then before long there will be no place where anyone who has not signed their rights away in blood can legally be heard.

http://www.savenetradio.org/

my friends, now to be fair I have not had a chance yet to peruse the documentation on this issue in detail. One thing I did catch in it though is that supposedly noone will say just how much (or how little) the terrestrial stations pay in royalties. Makes me suspicious right there. That there is nothing to compare these numbers too. Also, someone want to tell me how THEY could be expected to pay like this?? Per listener per song played?? Unless there is some way that an AM or FM station can know how many people are tuned in at any time considering any device with a coil of wire can pick up their signal.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Sending this out to everyone I know ASAP!
Sekhmet 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Good gods, here we go again. Spamming my friends as we speak...
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

Well, I wrote to my congressman and both senators Kennedy and Kerry. Basically, if the RIAA has its way then small to medium webcasters would pay 125% of the their revenue. So, you would have to pay more than you actually make to cover their fees!

This is just not about Celtic Radio, but thousands of other sites like Celtic Radio. Radio Paradise is another site that you can visit for more information http://www.radioparadise.com. Its run by a husband / wife team.

And its not just about internet radio, if an entity such as the RIAA can basically buy their way into congress and the copyright board, then what else is possible?

3 Years ago this happened, and a big push happened that got congress involved. I'd say that we have an even bigger voice now with more listeners and broadcasters. If everyone writes and calls their congress and senate we can make a difference and support all of the great musical groups out there the the RIAA wants to suck dry.

But beyond this issue, it just seems that corporations are getting bigger, stronger and controlling more and more of America. What are we going to do someday when there is little choice left and all of the good jobs have been outsourced over seas to cheap labor? What will be left for our kids?

There is an underlying theme to this all and it is about big business and big corporations. Just keep on stepping on us and you will be sorry you woke up a generation that has the power to change your strangle hold on America. It can happen!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

We're with you, Paul! I will get this to everyone on my list!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Took me ten minutes to figure out which "issue" (required choice if I wanted to send an email to my revered Senator) this fell under, so I picked things like "anti-trust" and "legislative changes" and hoped for the best.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Mar-2007, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Contacted my representatives and the Copyright Royalty Board. Will press on other fronts as well.
itsmewendylee 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacWillow

female

Great Public Service Announcements to be inserted into the broadcast schedule of small internet radio stations. Trying to figure which might work best in my show!

http://webcastersunite.net/modules.php?nam...wdownload&cid=2

W
John Clements 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Hi Mcfive,

I have sent the following letter to my senators here in NJ. If it sounds treating, that’s because I meant it to be. The time to stop talking, and to start take acting is right around the corner.

Save Internet Radio,

This increase in royalty fees being levied on Internet Radio is just more extortion being perpetrated by the international corporations. To allow this increase to happen simply means that you are my enemy. So don’t expect to get my vote ever again. Not that I trusted the vote to begin with. The battle for freedom is not in Iraq, or any place else in the world. It’s right here and now. So go a head and allow internet radio to be extorted, and well see what happens.

John Clements

PS: My issue choice was… CRIME

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

this so sucks...i'm letting all my extended family in the us now about this....i'm hoping my cuz with nasa might help, keep your fingers crossed, when she gets going there is no stopping her!!

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

This is terrible news. I will pass the news around.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Just sent an email to our representative. Hope he will listen.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]