gwenlee 
Posted: 14-Aug-2005, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. Time flies when you have so much to do. I've been doing some cleaning, sewing and other things. Our Clan had a picnic yesterday. The turn out wasn't great but it was nice to see those who came.

The kids start school tomorrow and am I ever glad. Now I can get some major cleaning done.

Mike I forgot that PBS has different time slots in each area. But for those who haven't seen On Eagles Wings try to see it. It was a very good musical

Rindy-CR I hope you two are doing well. I lost my glasses so I can't do much reading. I have an appointment Friday so I'll get some new ones.

Take care everyone I have to go to work tonight.
Gwen

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Aug-2005, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Last night, I watched and taped that "Celtic Woman" program on WTTW (Chicago's PBS affiliate). Very good. All the women were equally good. The only problem I had was they were having their pledge drive. Why do PBS and NPR affiliates think that the more they flap their gums, the more money you'll pledge unsure.gif ?

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 14-Aug-2005, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

Getting caught up is all I seem to do these days! Greetings to all & apologies for the long absence once again.... JP: They grow up all too fast, don't they? It's nice to know, even when they are parents themselves, they still need us on occasion. Congrats, RivDan... so you'll be out this way in October, eh? Pehaps the massive rain we've had with the monsoons will make your visit especially beautiful! Have had to call the National Weather Service three times in two days to report heavy downpours.... How's the monsoons doing your way, CR? We're having rescues daily!

Wishing all many bright days & hoping to chat soon!
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 15-Aug-2005, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 13-Aug-2005, 01:34 PM)
Well I guess a tornado hit yesterday in Wright Wyoming. Its about 150 miles from here.. Killed a couple of people..destroyed many mobile homes..

Hey, that's the town where some friends of ours live! Clay and Mary Beth Alexander are at Wright Baptist now (Clay is the pastor) but they both grew up here in Austell. They had their first baby just a few months ago, and at church this weekend I heard Mary Beth's mom talking about the tornado - she had been on the phone with Mary Beth, and just a short time later MB called her back and was quite upset, saying the tornado had just ripped through the area. They had just a little damage to their roof, but said that a lot of mobile homes had been damaged & that there had been fatalities. Clay ended up doing the funeral for two people who were killed.

Such sad news.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Aug-2005, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Good evening everyone... Today was a good day for me.. Thankful to be still on this earth..

SB- Wow, what a small world..it was really a bad tornado. A friend of mine left town 20 minutes before it happened.. So very sad about the homes lost and the people..
How are you SB?

Its good to see you again Coyotemoon.. Like your avatar..hope you can join us more often.

Mike, a lot of people are talking about the Celtic Woman.. I don't usually watch much TV..might try and catch that though.

CR- you must be busy over there!!! LOL laugh.gif

Well I hope you all have a wonderful night- glad to see you all here..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 15-Aug-2005, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Good evening everybody -- I missed quite a lot here!

Congratulations seem to be in order. RivDan such happy news! Cheers!

I don't watch much t.v. either Rindy, in fact I haven't had cable t.v. for almost 3 years now and I don't miss it one bit. Too many commercials...Although this show does sound interesting.

Yes time does fly...
I want to thank everyone for making me feel welcomed and I will try to "visit" more often. Have yourselves a great evening!
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 16-Aug-2005, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 10-Aug-2005, 10:56 PM)
My parents and I went down to Chicago's Millennium Park. We met a buddy of my dad's for dinner and a performance of the Grant Park Symphony Orchestra (Millennium Park is actually an extension of Grant Park, so the GPSO kept the name)...

Hey, Grant Park - I remember seeing the park on a visit to Chicago in '98. I was there for 'DelFest', a gathering of Del Amitri fans who got tired of waiting for the Scottish band to come back to the states and so decided to have a get-together in Chicago. Everybody brought stuff to trade, and we even went to see the sites of some Del Amitri performances and such. It was such fun! We really woke 'em up at the Duke of Perth one night, playing Dels music on a boom box under the table.

Del Amitri had played in Chicago several times and had legendary performances at Taste of Chicago so I'm told, and in 1999 The World's Biggest Block Party. I never got to see them there, but did see one live performance in Atlanta at the Roxy. Won't forget that night any time soon, even tho it was a loooong time ago! rolleyes.gif I love Del Amitri. They've broken up now, with the lead singer moonlighting with The Uncle Devil Show and recently 'With Strings Attached' and Blazing Fiddles. My favorite DA member Iain Harvie was last spotted producing music for other bands.

RivDan, congrats on the wonderful news!!

Rindy, thanks for asking - I'm doing pretty well these days. My daughter finally went back to school so I've got my quiet mornings back! Can't seem to clear the calender of errands and appointments, but someday I swear I'm going to get back to drawing. I miss it!

Del Amitri
PM               
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Aug-2005, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone.. Today was busy as usual..keeping up with forums can take all day..if you let it which I did today. I enjoy everyones company..

Eventide- I understand totally. I didn't own a tv for years then I had a old one in a closet that I never used.. Most people just freaked out-still do.. hope you have a great evening.

SB- gosh, that time of year again...Where does the time go.. hey promise me you will start drawing--- NOW!!!! well tomorrow its getting late.. I remember seeing your drawings they are just fantastic...you are so very talented..I wanna see some new ones..don't say I should of, would, of could of as we may not be here do it now...

Well tomorrow is a day of errands so catch up tomorrow night..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 17-Aug-2005, 04:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Good morning to one and all!
I am taking the opportunity to post today: I have been in some training classes that I have to take once a year. I'll be leaving in a few minutes.
To those that do not have TVs: I actually admire you. I was a real child of the 60s, when the family would gather around the TV to watch Disney, Bonanza, Ed Sullivan, etc. Its just a habit now.

What a week so far for me!
My glasses broke so monday I went to my Eye DR for a new pair.
I have been having a toothache so I go to the dentist friday.
Thursday is a checkup with the cardiologist.
I am falling apart!!!!

Actually, I am doing well: the weather has truly been beautiful - no 90 degree days.

Catch you all later.

cheers
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 17-Aug-2005, 05:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone, the kids started school Monday, and surprisingly they are happy with their teachers and classes. I had to make up new rules for them. My daughter loves the phone and computer so I told her she can be on the computer one hour a day and no phone until Friday. Also they can't watch TV until the weekend. Needless to say they weren't happy. But I know they will adjust.

Cheyenne is coming along with her bagpipe lessons. Her teacher and I discussed making the big purchase (the bagpipes). I will be looking at making a purchase around the first of the year. I'm not shocked at the price for a good set but I have some saving up to do. Good thing the cars will all be paid off.

MD I too enjoyed the Celtic Woman program, but you are right the fund raising part. But I had bought the CD and really enjoyed it.

Rindy it sounds like you have had some rough weather. But I like the sound of the cooler temperatures.

Well I have to go and get an oil change. Everyone take care of yourself.
ghost 
Posted: 17-Aug-2005, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Lunchtime for me and an hour to spare.
Glad to see that everyone is enjoying the cooler temperatures, I was starting to despair that the heatwave of summer would be endless. I don't know about all of you but air conditioning is not an option and it makes sleeping difficult. So today is a bit special, a nice cloudy grey day with a gentle ocean breeze. Have the leaves on the trees in your neighbourhood started to turn yet?

To those who have TVs. I still wonder from time to time if I've been missing anything. Sometimes, in conversation, I feel a little like the outsider.

Well good luck to you all in your endeavors today,
ttyl

PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 17-Aug-2005, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

I don't think you are missing out on much by not having a TV. I don't really use mine for anything other than DVDs. There are fun things you catch on TV from time to time, but most of it is worthless.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 18-Aug-2005, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

We had Direct TV (satellite tv) for a couple of years, and basic cable tv for a long time before that (no HBO or Showtime but really good channels like SciFi & Lifetime & USA Network & BBC America).
But over the last two years we noticed with all the activity in the house we actually didn't watch that much tv any more. Our son married & left home earlier this year, and our 17 year old daughter is so busy with her senior year in high school & church youth activities & a BOYfriend & training and riding her horse, she isn't even here much any more! The only shows I really cared about were What Not To Wear (the UK version), Monk, ER, Medium, and Lost.

So, we got rid of the dish a couple of months ago. It was up to $45 and that is a significant sum of money: all I could think was, wow I sure could be spending that much each month for something more important. So now our TV watching feels like the old days when we had 3 or 4 channels and TBS for local stuff like Braves baseball! We're watching just the main stations, so I still get to see Medium & Lost & ER. I learned a lot from watching all those What Not To Wear episodes, and Trinny & Suzanna should be proud that they've helped me not look so lumpy, dumpy and frumpy. hug.gif I keep their book handy for when I'm unsure about what TO wear.

And my dad Tivo's Monk for us so when we visit them each week we all sit and watch it together! Gee whiz but I do love that show. I have enough Monk moments in my own life to really identify with him when his OCD gets the best of him!!

SB
PM               
Hawkeye Mike
  Posted: 19-Aug-2005, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Hey all!!!

I haven't logged on with this account in a long time!

What are your plans for the weekend?

Mine are baseball, baseball and more baseball. The White Sox are playing the Evil Empire (the Yankees). I'm gonna watch or listen to all three games. I would like to go, but all three games are sold out.

I normally don't like to wish ill will on anyone, but I hope Alex Rodriguez gets hit with a pitch. I say this because when they played last week at Yankee Stadium, he pulled a bush league move. He got a hit, and then to prevent his teammate from getting thrown out at the plate, intentionally got himself hit with right fielder Jermaine Dye's throw to the plate and the umps didn't call interference. The only reason why they didn't is because they're the Yankees. Then Joe Torre, the Yankees' manager, showed his yellow streak by pulling A-Rod (I could use another name other teams' fans use, but I don't wanna get a TOS violation) before his next turn at bat.

ghost 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 12:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Lucky you. I get to do chores this weekend..yay?!? Have tons o'fun and enjoy the weather folks.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]