Maddie 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Thank you for sharing those stories.

Don't have so many but I can say I have rescued a couple of animals myself and still I feel I'm not doing enough.
I had volunteered for the local humane society but I can't cope with it... and I'm still with four dogs, one cat, and a horse. Quite a lot.

I'd like to do something like for homeless or so but I'm too much of a coward. I admire people who can.
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

This is a wonderful thread. It makes me want to cry seeing so many heart touching stories.
My daughter is in jamiaca for a week with a youth group. They will be helping with a vacation bible school. Then they are going to a retirement home also., to talk to the people. I think it is so wonderful when the young people do things like that. I am waiting for a call from her right now. So she can tell me everthing that is going on.

--------------------
"We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads."
So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me!
"Mama Tater"

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Ok mck58 now I know... Couldn't put the two together until now... I hope she enjoys the ocean- I saw it for the first time about 10 years ago in Mexico the feeling of being sucked out is kind of scary . But you see I can't swim... I really can't believe the cost of things over there..
I bet you will be glad when she gets home huh? Well keep us posted ok.? She is such a nice girl...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 21-Jul-2005, 04:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Wendy is doing fine. Just needs her alone time. Has alot of mosquito bites.
She is going to call Sat. to talk to her dad. She will be leave to come home Sun.
I really miss her. Can't wait to see her.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Jul-2005, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Cynni! So glad to hear that Wendy is doing fine!

Wicked Rose wink.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 21-Jul-2005, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Not sure if I've ever told any of you these stories before.

1. I was headed home on a crowded subway train. I was able to get a seat. At the next stop, I noticed a pregnant woman had entered the train car I was in. I got up and offered her my seat.

2. One time, I was in a Target by my house. I was passing by the toy department when I saw and heard a little girl, about four years old at the time, weeping. I asked her if she was lost and she nodded. I asked if she was there with her mommy or daddy. She nodded. I asked her if she wanted me to help her and she nodded again. I took her by the hand and started leading her to the service desk. About halfway there, I spotted a cop. I explained the situation to him and told the little girl to go with the nice policeman. A few minutes later, I heard the announcement over the store's PA.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
cynni 
Posted: 22-Jul-2005, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

That was really wonderful of you MDF3530. There are not to many people like that give u p there seat. There was one gentleman that gave up his seat on the trolley that we rode on down in Gatlilnburg. I thought it was so sweet of him.

The little girl was probably Happy when she saw her parents.

Cheers to all the kind people in this world!!!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 22-Jul-2005, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I always give up my seat on the train or bus to someone who needs it more, like senior citizens, people with disabilities, pregnant women, etc. That's how I was brought up. I had just figured her back may have been hurting.

Now, about the little girl. I love kids and always want to help them. I don't have any of my own yet, but I always ask myself, what if it was my kid? I would want someone to help my kid if they got lost, so I help them. Again, that's the way I was raised.
cynni 
Posted: 22-Jul-2005, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

I know how that little girls parents felt. My oldest one took of with his uncles one time and didn't tell me. A car pulled up in front of my parents then took off real quick. I was terrified cause I couldn't find him. Then I saw my brothers cutting a tree down in the pasture and that was where he was. There is nothing more terrifying than not knowing where your child is. They are so precious. You never want to lose them.
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

I have a friend and his motto is - It's nice to be nice. He says it all the time and he is, in fact, a very nice person. It got me to thinking. It's not that I'm not nice...but sometimes I get so caught up in where each of my children need to be ie: volleyball, soccer, dance and so on, plus their homework and all the things that go along with being a parent. Then there was life in general - I was just so busy. Now, I am taking the time each day to remember his motto...and you guys are right, it is the little things, the every day things that make a difference! The bigger things are great too but...I make sure to smile at people more and make eye contact... This is a great thread - since it's nice to hear nice news!

--------------------
Haldur 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 02:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

Here recently I was out walking with my wife early one morning (as weekends on night shift leave me taking walks at the crack of dawn) and we passed a little fenced-in yard down by the path where we walk. Usually when we'd passed by before, we'd be greeted by two little dogs; one, a bit bigger/older would bark and growl furiously and the other, a young puppy, would just follow us from the other side of the fence.

Well, that morning the little puppy must've gotten up enough gusto and crawled under a loose part of the chain-link fence. On our way back we saw that he'd snuck out and was playing in the neighbor's yard which was fenceless. Now this alley isn't all that busy but when people in our neighborhood find it they tend to use it quite often as a shortcut onto the main road. And, with that, they speed (down this path, a little one-lane road/alley) downhill very fast.

So I snatched up the little pup and took him back around front, hoping I didn't wake his owners. Apparently, he'd been sneaking out a lot and a couple of his siblings also snuck out and ran off. I figure that even though that pup might sneak off again (partly due to his tenacious curiosity and his masters' unwillingness to try to keep him safe and sound) that the people that keep him might realize that they have a problem in either their supervision, tending of the loose fence, OR they are holding back a puppy that obviously wants to find greener pastures.

I like doing kind things like this for people (and four-legged creatures also) because I would expect the same sort of respect, reverance, or whatnot...even though it might not always be returned!

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,081 Gold!

I've enjoyed reading all everyones good will!

Keep the Acts of Kindness going! smile.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Senara 
Posted: 11-Nov-2005, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

I'd like to start an act of kindness today and hopefully you can all help me out.

Request a song for a Vetran today...let's honor those warriors that gave thier lives for our countries....

Be sure to add the dedication notes to your request! Let's thank the ones that listen with us and let them know we do appreciate their sacrifices.

Thanks...

Have a great weekend.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Nov-2005, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I have to share an act of kindness given towards me. I recently started in the 18thc re-enacting community. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I had no idea where to get started, what to buy, what to make, where, when, how. This gal from CT found out about me and made my whole outfit for me and guided me in everything to make sure I was absolutely 18th c correct! I had my first event last weekend with the RevWar group and when my Sgt saw me, he was sooooo excited that I had looked so good and told me everything was absolutely period correct. I have spent a lot of time researching history and costume and this gal nailed it on the head and was gracious enough to spend her time to get me started and make my outfit for me. I couldn't have done it without her. Thank you Sarah!
Shadows 
Posted: 19-Nov-2005, 04:46 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Rose, you will find all those in the hobby you have taken up to be cut from the same cloth!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]