Caitriona 
Posted: 20-Apr-2005, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: In a chair at my computer desk. ^_^

female

I've been stressed out with school work, papers and events going on, and a friend of mine has kept me thinking positively as much as is possible. She's the greatest. It's wonderful to have friends who encourage you to keep at it. happy.gif

--------------------
Many's the men who've battled foe
Many the number slain
Many the lads have fallen
though Scotland shall rise again.
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 20-Apr-2005, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 18-Apr-2005, 05:41 PM)
Well said, Shadows. However, that is not always the case. I open and hold doors open for people and let people into traffic and such only to have the other person not even acknowledge the act of kindness and go on without a thank you. Sometimes I want to say out loud, "your welcome!" I think I actually did that once. unsure.gif ph34r.gif

I don't look for thank you's and seldom get them but that does not stop me...kindness like smiles is contagious!

Enough folks act kindly it can only eventualy catch on.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well, I think I was grumpy that day when I actually said, "your welcome." angel_not.gif biggrin.gif

I have had several people do a lot of acts of kindness towards me lately. My hubby is always one of them. I have great friends and great in-laws too. I am a very blessed person. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-May-2005, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I've found that the more I keep my mind turned towards God (thru prayer but also just everyday evidence of His presence & affection for us), the more opportunities He sends my way to do those acts of kindness...
Holding the door at a store open for a young mother trying to maneuver a big stroller was a recent opportunity. How I remember trying to steer those things myself! My daughter is 17 now but those days don't seem that long ago.

This past weekend four friends did a deliberate random act of kindness for me wink.gif
when they hosted a Bridal Shower for my future daughter-in-law! For them to approach me with their idea a couple of months ago was so unexpected, but it warmed not only my heart but the hearts of my son & his fiance. How I appreciate those ladies!!

Siobhan Blues
'Mother-in-Law To Be'

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-May-2005, 01:08 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I was a victim of an act of kindness this week. I love this one particular band that is touring the states right now. They came out with a DVD that only can be purchased at their performances. Well this gal that I have never met personally and doesn't really know me, purchased one of those DVDs at their performance last weekend for me and mailed it to me shortly after. I received it the other day and I was so jazzed and flabbergasted that she would do this for me! smile.gif
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 14-May-2005, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Shadows @ 20-Apr-2005, 10:07 PM)
I don't look for thank you's and seldom get them but that does not stop me...kindness like smiles is contagious!

Enough folks act kindly it can only eventualy catch on.

Acts of kindness should be a matter of course and so I do not expect a "thank you"...it's simply the way my creator wants us to treat each other and by the way the easiest thing at all: Treat anyone as you want to be treated yourself.

Smiles are great. Smiles drive winter out of human faces and let the sun come to shine. And yes, they are very contagious. Give the world a smile and it will smile back to you more often than you might expect it.
Each kindness you do returns back to you and warms your own heart, too. smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Agrona Borimar 
Posted: 17-May-2005, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

female

This is a great topic!

There is one thing I always do whenever I have to go to the grocery store or any store that has shopping carts. I always make it a point to pick up any stray carts not put in the corral along the way and put them where they belong. There have been times when I've done this and the person who left the cart was still in their car when I went to pick it up. With the expression on their faces I often wonder if it makes them think next time about leaving it there.

I also make it a point to say hello to people as I walk past them. Sadly too many of them are surpised to be greeted by a stranger.
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 17-May-2005, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

To follow up on my original post: My wife's cousin/our neighbor has not let me mow a single time this year!!!! He gets all of the big stuff and all I have to do is the trim and the few patches he can't get with his riding mower! Every time I've tried to get out and do it myself, he shows up - without a word - and takes over! I've got to figure out some way to pay this guy back for all of the help he is giving me!!!! God bless him and his family!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I was the recipient of some genuine kindness, last week when my mom was rushed to the hospital. The ambulance guys were absolutely wonderful; when I arrived at the salon where she'd passed out they were already taking her blood pressure (it had shot up dangerously high) and trying to find out how she was feeling but she was so zonked she couldn't talk clearly. I came up behind them, looked over one guys shoulder and said "Mom, are you being trouble again?!?'
Those guys turned around so surprised, but then they just laughed when I told them who I was. The tension was diffused, mom was relieved to see me and got to where she could tell the paramedics what was wrong, and we got her to the hospital soon. Even at the hospital, the paramedics checked on her until she was seen by a doctor, and they were so kind & ressuring to me and dad too when he arrived.

Oh by the way, guess what caused her problem?? She hates taking meds anyway, understand, but this time she had let her blood pressure med run out & simply hadn't bothered getting it refilled for over 2 weeks! Now she's fine.

I sure appreciate the kindness shown to my whole family by the paramedics and the hospital staff too.

Siobhan Blues
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

OMG, SB! That is so very dangerous to ever stop taking blood pressure meds! I am so very glad your mom is okay now. I was really worried there for a second. Yeah, those EMT guys are something, aren't they? Thank God Almighty for them too!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Mom learned her lesson about meds! Its been making me uneasy the last year or so, that she's taking more and more of them for different ailments: blood pressure, thyroid, arthritis, estrogen for awhile, osteoporosis, indigestion (the Purple Pill)...
Seems like there would be a risk of bad interaction between something, but maybe not.

I don't even like taking aspirin! Guess it runs in the family to dislike pills.

rolleyes.gif
SB
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well getting old is part of taking pills, I guess. I am glad she learned her lesson.

I had another act of kindness yesterday. A friend of mine sent me a gift in the mail yesterday for no other reason than kindness and was thinking of me. smile.gif
Annabelle 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Acts of Kindness! Yes I have a very good one!

Mother's Day approached this year although 2 of my 4 children are not speaking to me. The week of Mother's Day I had unbelieveable flowers, cards and letters from clients that started arriving that week at my salon. All included loving thoughts and prayers for me and a wish for me to have a nice mother's day.

One of the last gifts that were brought into me was from a young lady around 28 whom had just been lain off her job 2 weeks before. She was in for her regular haircut and I offered to charge her half price to help her out during a difficult time. She insisted paying me full time and tipped me $5. About 30 min's in she comes with a coffee cup with 3 balloons and flowers in the cup that the cup had a positive inspirational saying on it for me in other words to keep my lift up.

What generosity during a already difficult time in her life. That was the most unselfish thing! Such love and concern were given to me that week it was unbelieveable. I didn't think I had a support group to help me with what Im going thru right now. How wrong I was! My support group has been men and women whom have shared their friendship with me and are truely caring.

Wow! What kindness and friendships I have sometimes overwhelm me! I am truely blessed!

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi Annabelle! Where ya been? I've missed ya! How are the weddings going?
stoirmeil 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

This is a nice thread.

About a year ago, some people in my building moved out and left an elderly male cat behind. He stayed near the building outside getting thinnner and thinner, until one day he was lying in the rain next to a little paper plate of soggy friskies somebody left out for him. I couldn't stand it, and took him in, although I am quite allergic to cats. After a few days I got lucky and placed him with an older woman upstairs who is housebound and lonely, and had a mouse problem besides. Several people leave decent quality food for him by her door, since she is on the usual not very adequate fixed income.

This weekend she came down to the stoop to have some Fourth of July barbecue, and the cat was with her. I could hardly recognize him -- fat and happy. They seem quite devoted to each other. It's our building success story.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]