bigjimhainey 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: South Mississippi

male

I agree carolina. Burn way too easily. Fortunately for me there is a heavy cherokee and seminole precense on my dads side so i got a bit of a permanent tan and dont burn as easily as most. Mama on the other hand looks like a lobster after bein out in the sun.

--------------------
ERIN GO BRAGH

Beware the Celtic Storm

Big Jim Hainey
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 24-Mar-2005, 08:59 AM)
One of the "joys" of being Gaelic is having the typical Scots/Irish complexion that is so vulnerable to skin cancer. We sunburn ssoooooo easily and then in later years the damaged skin turns to cancer. sad.gif

Isn't that the truth and for generations to come..

Bummer!
PMEmail Poster               
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

CelticRose--It is, indeed, beautiful but nearly 7 years is enough for me. I have a condition which is adversely affected by cold so in winter I wind up looking like a lawn jockey when I try to check the mail! It's definitely on the rise so I'm hoping the sale of my home will be relatively swift, once we get to that point. My grandsons have been in my home since birth so I'd like to be close... I miss Mr. Boo & Nicy Pitt terribly! My son is studying classical archaeology (he grew up in a Native American art museum with my boss being an anthropologist) so it makes sense. He hopes to teach college while his wife hopes to attend CSI school in Tucson.

Back at 'ya Dundee!

My mom was quite the typical red-haired Irishwoman & almost lost her leg to melanoma when young. She showed them all, however, living through far worse to a ripe old age but she was constantly going in to have everything checked/frozen. I lucked out, taking after my paternal grandma (southern Spain) for skin, paternal grandpa on eyes (green).

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome & great place to be!
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 24-Mar-2005, 09:59 AM)
One of the "joys" of being Gaelic is having the typical Scots/Irish complexion that is so vulnerable to skin cancer.  We sunburn ssoooooo easily and then in later years the damaged skin turns to cancer.  sad.gif

SUNSCREEN!!! SPF 30!!!

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,655 Gold!

QUOTE (dundee @ 24-Mar-2005, 04:57 PM)
SUNSCREEN!!! SPF 30!!!

Used it on my kids, didn' have it when I was growing up.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (dundee @ 24-Mar-2005, 04:57 PM)
SUNSCREEN!!! SPF 30!!!

No Dundee! Here in Arizona it is

Sunscreen SPF 50

Seriously, that is what our dermatologists recommend!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I need SPF 50 too sad.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I wear SPF 45. I am allergic to the stuff the dermatologist recommends.

Annabelle! I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I had no idea that squamous cell could turn into melanoma! What a shock! that is what both my sister and hubby have both had in the past two months is "squamous cell."
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh my! Highlander radio is playing their "Featured Artist" right now and it is my favorite band..........Clann An Drumma! clap.gif clap.gif Rindy! I hope you are hearing this! Thank you MacFive!

CoyoteMoon! Very interesting field for me that your son is studying in! I was very involved in the Native American powwows for 3-1/2 years traveling with the people who allowed me to sell my artwork of them at the various powwows and festivals. I loved it. Been attending powwows since I was 15 though. I love the culture. What is interesting is how similar they are to the Highland culture of Scotland. Hope you sell your house soon and get settled in your new place quickly.

hope everyone is doing well. I keep having server problems this week. Not sure what that is all about, but annoying to say the least.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 22-Mar-2005, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 22-Mar-2005, 12:28 PM)
Great idea Rosie!
Have to say things with me are kind of up and down: some days are great, work has been fine. But then other days are  - Yikes! We have been having ongoing battle swith my 16-year old. Unfortunately when we are in the middle of dealing with him, the wife and I tend to start getting on each other.
But hey Ill tell ya' - dialogue is still there, we still love each other all around. We are being a typical family.

Hey there jp! We are having similar problems with our 12 year old daughter. Problem is she has figured out how to play my wife and I against each other and has made almost a game out of it. It is getting really serious! My wife and I have already narrowly escaped separation over this and she is only 12! sad.gif Grrr! Keep us in your prayers will you all? That we will survive this thing as a family and learn how to BE a family before there is nothing left to save!

I promise you Allen and Padraig, you and wife will survive. Hubby and I raised 3 daughters and I tell you, it was not an easy job. Sometimes I wondered if I would survive, and I did, so did my girls, (sometimes I felt like giving them a good shake or two) now all 3 are married with families of their own. Life is good now! biggrin.gif It's just hubby and me and we are enjoying life with one another like never before!

Hello everbody! I just finished my last shift of work until Mon morning at 9:00 am and boy has the week been hectic. I am free until then! I'm hoping the weather will be nice and at least 60 degrees so hubby and I can head out on the motorcycle for some fun. I hope everyone has a great week-end to come! Have fun!

Dance to the Music! note.gif note.gif note.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 24-Mar-2005, 05:07 PM)

Annabelle! I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I had no idea that squamous cell could turn into melanoma! What a shock! that is what both my sister and hubby have both had in the past two months is "squamous cell."

hi rm, shoot I think I must have missed it. DARN IT! But thanks Macfive for putting them on! They are my favorite as we all know..

Back to SUNSCREEN I NEED A ZILLION

I am so fair and I do not tan at all which is not good. I can remember the good old times sit in the sun and bake til blistered oh that hurts..

How scary this stuff is, but they say it is the most curable if caught early that is the key.

So lets forget the tanned beautys and love the milky white skins..

Slainte wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 25-Mar-2005, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Don't need sunscreen today. It snowed last night!
Man I am ever so sick of winter. Come soon spring!
PMEmail Poster               
tao1776 
Posted: 25-Mar-2005, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: New England

male

Boy, if I had a dollar for every severe sunburn I ever had. The last one, a few years ago took place while fishing. In my total concern not to get burned I liberally applied sun screen to everywhere it was needed. Then I took my shoes off and dangled in the water. Wrong!!! My feet became so burnt that I couldn't wear shoes for a week!
Tim

http://www.blogspot.com
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Mar-2005, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (tao1776 @ 25-Mar-2005, 09:10 AM)
Boy, if I had a dollar for every severe sunburn I ever had. The last one, a few years ago took place while fishing. In my total concern not to get burned I liberally applied sun screen to everywhere it was needed. Then I took my shoes off and dangled in the water. Wrong!!! My feet became so burnt that I couldn't wear shoes for a week!
Tim

http://www.blogspot.com

laugh.gif laugh.gif Tao! That is pretty funny, sorry! rolleyes.gif

I lived close to the beach in southern California so I was always there burning myself up. They say this stuff just doesn't come on you like that, but it is years of sun exposure that usually creeps up on you. And, yes, early detection is the key!

So how is everyone today? It is nice out here with partly cloudy skies and very nice comfortable temps. We are going out of town tomorrow to spend with family for a birthday party. Just got done with all my computer maintenance for the week. You know, the ole running of the anti-spyware and anti-virus programs.

Hey Maggie! How ya doing? Hectic week, eh? Well hope you make up for it by having that great weekend you are planning.

Rindy, I hope you have a great trip next week. Will miss you being gone. Hope your dad is doing well. I bet he will be happy to see you girls. How far of a drive is it to visit him?

Padraig, more snow? Poor guy! That's why I live in the desert. I don't have to fool with that stuff anymore. Hope spring comes for you soon.

Well Happy Easter to all of you and a great weekend too.

Oh, oh! Mike! If you see this, my hubby found the portable Panasonic CD player on line and bought it for me! Woo hoo! Thank you so much for your help. beer_mug.gif
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 25-Mar-2005, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 24-Mar-2005, 11:48 PM)
QUOTE (CelticRose @ 24-Mar-2005, 05:07 PM)

Annabelle! I am so sorry to hear about your mother.  I had no idea that squamous cell could turn into melanoma!  What a shock!  that is what both my sister and hubby have both had in the past two months is "squamous cell."

hi rm, shoot I think I must have missed it. DARN IT! But thanks Macfive for putting them on! They are my favorite as we all know..

Back to SUNSCREEN I NEED A ZILLION

I am so fair and I do not tan at all which is not good. I can remember the good old times sit in the sun and bake til blistered oh that hurts..

How scary this stuff is, but they say it is the most curable if caught early that is the key.

So lets forget the tanned beautys and love the milky white skins..

Slainte wink.gif

I agree Rindy! I'm one of those people that's so white, others have to wear their sunglasses around me! laugh.gif cool.gif Whenever they say something, I just look at em and say, "at least I won't be getting skin cancer later down the road". Of course, they say that you get most of your exposure in the first 18 years of your life. I can account for that! I got burned a couple times every year, so the damage is probably already done. unsure.gif

Anyway, I'm going back to bed now. I've manage to catch some kind of respiratory flu. I've spent the last 28 hours in bed. There's parts of my body that ache, that I didn't even know I had! sad.gif Unfortunately, I HAVE to go to work tonight because we're short handed... unsure.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]