> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi, I thought I would start this thread with the purpose of having a meeting place of some sort where we could all share about anything that is going on with us from day to day, what we are doing that day, the weather, our moans, concerns or just to check in and say hello to everyone. Sometimes on a site as big as this, we want to read the forums but don't have time to reply to all, if any that day, but it is nice just to come in and say hello to everyone and that you are still here and okay or not! Well I will start, just to give you an idea on what the heck my idea is for this thread.

Today has been a day of interruptions for me. I have tried to get on here and post, but there have been things to do in the house and etc. The weather is nice here in sunny Arizona. Just the right temps in the 60s and I am back in my shorts........woot! Predicting rain for later this week........yeah, right! We never believe the weatherman here! rolleyes.gif

I also signed up for Live 365 VIP membership today! Wow! That is really cool! That means I can get in anytime and it is always set to Highlander Radio! I love it that it has the name of artist and title of song, so I always know who I am listening to, just like before but better! Also love the little icon it puts on my desktop so I can access into it much quicker.

well that is about all with me today. Hubby will be home soon and want dinner and the computer. Other than that I am doing well.

How are you all doing? What is new? Just blether (Scottish for chat) away on whatever you want to talk about. Just no gossip or bad mouthing of folks here or about other sites, ok? Thanks and enjoy! gossip.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

That's what I use my journal for smile.gif Or wait, that's just a thread about me, a place for me to go and just let the id take over.
Really nice playlist going all day long, company on Highlander, I'm set smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Aaediwen! There is a really nice list of music going on today, isn't there.

Are you all ready for your trip to Ireland? Woo hoo! I am so envious but happy for you. One day I will get to the land of the green too! I have a friend who lives in Northern Ireland, outside of Belfast, so that helps too. She has already been to my home to visit and one day hope to visit her. I want to go to Scotland first though. Still working on that trip. rolleyes.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Great idea Celticrose!

Things are going well with me considering I lost my brother in December. I am keeping busy on the forums, and with Spring in the air outside work to do now. My health is great and the family is fine. Not much more a person can ask for. I just heard about the shooting in Minnesota. I know where that is. The kid went in had several weapons and started shooting at the school. Kids can't even go to school..

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Maybe I should start a thread for all those people who are turning 40 shades of green about me taking this trip. Over the last couple of years, I have developed a line of thought about doing things like this. Might help others.

I actually haven't tuned in to Highlander today. Got the following playlist going:

Jennifer Rose - Something Olde Something New - 01 -- Star of the County Down
Jennifer Rose - Something Olde Something New - 02 -- I Will Give My Love an Apple
Jennifer Rose - Something Olde Something New - 06 -- Greensleeves
Jennifer Rose - Something Olde Something New - 17 -- Bluebird Song
Jennifer Rose - Something Olde Something New - 20 -- Molly Molone
Lydia McCauley - Foreignlander - 05 -- Barbara Allan
Lydia McCauley - Foreignlander - 08 -- I Will Give My Love An Apple
Lydia McCauley - Foreignlander - 11 -- Soldier Boy
Lydia McCauley - Foreignlander - 13 -- Lover's Lament *currently playing*
TwinFlame - Journey of Souls - 01 -- Thousand tommorows
TwinFlame - Journey of Souls - 04 -- Free the Past
TwinFlame - In The River - 07 -- Keepers of the Flame
TwinFlame - Journey of Souls - 04 -- Free the Past
Capercaillie - To The Moon - 08 -- Ailein Duinn
Enya - Watermark - 07 -- Orrinoco Flow (Sail Away)
Enya - Watermark - 02 -- Cursum Perficio
Loreena McKennitt - Elemental - 06 -- Kellswater
Heather Dale - The Trial of Lancelot - 04 -- The Prydwen Sails Again
Trio Nocturna - Songs of the Celtic Night - 06 -- Visions of the Mare
The moors - the blessing and descent of the goddess bridget (beannachadh agus sloinntearachd na brighid)
Rise - Posing As Human - 07 -- I will Love You Always
Rise - Uncertain Wonders - 06 -- Time and Tide
Siucra - Here Among Strangers - 06 -- Maeve's Grave
Moya Brennan - Two Horizons - 07 -- Tara
Moya Brennan - Two Horizons - 08 -- Ancient Town
None But One & High Hills and Mountains - Jean Ritchie - 01 -- Fair Nottamun Town
Aaediwen 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 21-Mar-2005, 07:43 PM)
Great idea Celticrose!

Things are going well with me considering I lost my brother in December. I am keeping busy on the forums, and with Spring in the air outside work to do now. My health is great and the family is fine. Not much more a person can ask for. I just heard about the shooting in Minnesota. I know where that is. The kid went in had several weapons and started shooting at the school. Kids can't even go to school..

Slainte

What bothers me, in 2002 I went back to my old High School to retrieve a copy of my portfolio. It was so alien from when I was a student. One could walk across the foyer while classes were out for lunch (which had been a battle when I was in school). Also, Police have patrold the halls since my senior year, and they still do. Visitors can't get as far as the office anymore you sign in right inside the front doors. I was talking to my Freshman year science teacher during my visit, and commented about being able to walk through the halls so easy. He agreed that the size of the student body had drastically decreased since 1998. Kinda sad in a way.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Great idea Rosie!
Have to say things with me are kind of up and down: some days are great, work has been fine. But then other days are - Yikes! We have been having ongoing battle swith my 16-year old. Unfortunately when we are in the middle of dealing with him, the wife and I tend to start getting on each other.
But hey Ill tell ya' - dialogue is still there, we still love each other all around. We are being a typical family.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Things for me are not the best!

Behind in working around the shop
Need to do some heavey house cleaning here to get ready for wedding
Lots of things to go thru in the house
pressure pressure pressure...Calgon take me away!

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hope everyone is well today.

Aaediwen, yes it is sad. I heard on the news this morning same type thing happened in Colorado. Just makes me sick. How are your workouts going? Yes, I am green with envy..

Cr, where are you? Missed you today. Hope your day is going well.

j Padraig moore, sorry to hear things are up and down. Wish they could be up more often. How is the weather there?

Annabelle, good luck with the wedding! Lots to do I imagine.

Well the weather here in the west is calling for get this Thurnderstorms and snow...
Everyone have a great day, I am headed to the laundry room for ironing oh boy..

Slainte
smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

thats what i use the general forum for...... but i keep getting yelled at.... angel_not.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everybody! Good to see the response! I am late coming on the pc today. Been out and about as had lots to do. I also changed my Dish network channels today. Been having Showtime on there and the movies and comedy shows are just getting a bit too risque and vulgar or they show the same movies over and over forever. Really wanted to change to Starz, but they had a package deal for Top 120 stations, HBO and Cinemax, so I went with that. That should give us plenty of current movies and hubby plenty of sports too.

Rindy I heard about that shooting. Really awful isn't it? School sure isn't anything like it was when I was attending and that was bad enough! The worst we had was big gang fights after school. That was always awful to see someone get the pulp beat out of them. Now they knife and shoot each other!

Hey! Padraig! How are you doing? Sorry to hear about things with your family right now. That can really cause a family crisis as I am sure some here can relate to what you are going through. Hope things get better!

Hey Aaediwen! Sorry I missed you and Wiz in chat last night. I was only on here for a few to check on some things and then had to get off. We will try again. The weekends are better for me anyway.

Hey Annabelle! Good to see ya. Sorry things are not the best. We are planning a wedding in our family too this year. Just had one last year and that was a lot. However, if you are mother of the groom or bride, the work seems to never get done till it is over and then you pass out afterwards. biggrin.gif

Are you going to either of the Culloden or Savannah games? I think gwenlee is going to be at the Culloden games and I know Clann An Drumma is supposed to be there on Sunday only. I am still trying to verify that one. Although I hear the Savannah games are much better. Have you been to those?

Well chat with you all later. Hope you all are having a good day!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (dundee @ 22-Mar-2005, 04:28 PM)
thats what i use the general forum for...... but i keep getting yelled at.... angel_not.gif

Hey Dundee! What's new with you? Are they yelling at you for chasing all those redheads again? wink.gif Don't you play at the Renaissance festivals or something, or did I get that confused with someone else? unsure.gif
dundee 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 22-Mar-2005, 03:42 PM)
Hey Dundee!  What's new with you?  Are they yelling at you for chasing all those redheads again?  wink.gif  Don't you play at the Renaissance festivals or something, or did I get that confused with someone else?  unsure.gif

they yell at me for posting"mostly" everything in the general discussion group then they move it and i can never find it till i figured out how to get the "view new posts" menu to show the pub... wonder why so much of my stuff lands in the pub... but hey i am trying to reform (honest macfive) but it aint easy... i have my own way of looking at things....*L*......

yes i have done a ren faire or two..... ( 7-8 years heavily) now i just do a lil one down in illinois..... and play when/where asked. click my name and see me in action...... note.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (dundee @ 22-Mar-2005, 03:09 PM)
they yell at me for posting"mostly" everything in the general discussion group then they move it and i can never find it till i figured out how to get the "view new posts" menu to show the pub... wonder why so much of my stuff lands in the pub... but hey i am trying to reform (honest macfive) but it aint easy... i have my own way of looking at things....*L*......

yes i have done a ren faire or two..... ( 7-8 years heavily) now i just do a lil one down in illinois..... and play when/where asked. click my name and see me in action...... note.gif

dundee are you in trouble again?? You wouldn't get in trouble now would you?

Nice to see you...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

I'm not certain how I did it but managed to get CR! Perhaps it's got something to do with all the warm welcomes I've received.... thank you so very much!

I'm getting ready to head back to AZ tomorrow with a load... hopefully I can have the house almost cleared by the time my daughter-in-law & grandsons are ready to join my son in Tucson (August) & work on getting the house sold. I only hope I'm able to access CR while in SV.... I miss having music at my dad's.

Thank you again to all who've made me feel quite welcome!
CM
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]