Snoogans 
Posted: 28-Aug-2004, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Edinburgh

male

he watches the man and catches the thrown flask... what IS he saying?
finally he twgis what is wrong
the dirty kilted man whaps the side of his head with the palm of his hand a few times before sticking a finger in his ear and wiggling it
a messy squielching noise can be heard as he removes a large clod of mud and earth.
"sorry. what?"
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
oldraven 
Posted: 28-Aug-2004, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

((Labban))

Labban laughed out loud. Far longer and louder than he had intended. He cleared his throat and said, I asked your name. Come with me, and the lassies will get you all tidied up.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Snoogans 
Posted: 28-Aug-2004, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

there is silence except for the dripping noise of water and mud falling from the man as he seems to be considering this
"Donnchadh. Donnchadh MacDowglas. Pleases tae meetcha, whats yer name?"
he walks forward as he nods gesturing the flask in his hand and takes a very long drink gulping several times.
any other might be asking where they were at this point but not Donnchadh, he's been so many places he has grown tired of asking...
Snoogans 
Posted: 28-Aug-2004, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

(out of character) some of the kit he carries:
user posted image
armour arriving soon, will upload pic in full larp costume including kilt
oldraven 
Posted: 30-Aug-2004, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Labban))

Wow. That's the thickest brogue I've ever heard Labban thought to himself. My name is Labban (LAY-bun), and I'm here, stuck in the blasted fae realm, with my company. We set out......... some weeks ago, I can't even remember, from Highlander Castle. At that time it was under rule of good King Paul, but has since fallen into the hands of another. A much darker soul, if indeed he does have one. We don't know much, but we do know the people who once lived near the castle are no longer there. Maybe killed, maybe imprisoned. All we know is we must take the castle back, and return it to the rightful heir, King Paul. That is if he's still alive, though I don't think this dark master is foolish enough to kill the King. As they walked, Labban wondered why he was telling the man so much. Despite all the weaponry, Donnchadh seemed trustworthy. Obviously, Labban has been wrong before, and so should keep a little tighter liped, at least until the group has had a chance to make an assesment on the man.

You know, when I say it all like that.................. just pass me the flask, please. Labban tips it back and tries to match Donnchadh's draught. He hacks and sputters, making a great display of failure. Where did I leave that pipe?
PMEmail Poster               
Snoogans 
Posted: 30-Aug-2004, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

Donnchadh watches the rambling man drink and thinks to himself, "I dinnae care who ah huv tae kill tae get wan ay those..." he hides his smile when the man cannae tek his drink. how many stories like this one has he heard? true, a few details are different this time, like for instance the fae realm, an the fact he hasnae bin chased yet, oh an the landing wiz somewhat softer than usual and way better than the time he wound up appearin under water, he's managed tae block the memory o the under ground arrival, there's some pooh nae man's brain should hae tae deal wi. he'll hae a problem wi the King's name, ye kin be sure ay that... how many is it noo? how many hud he killed? king roland had been the biggest twet he'd hud the misfortune ay comin intae contact, he'd deserved whi he got after whit he did tae that poor wumman, and he still remembered the thought of how the people wur gonnae shift that large a mess, it wiz eftur aw... a really tall tower...

hauns ay another - check
dark soul - check
people kill't - check
tek back castle - check
rightfu heir - check

he disnae ask ony questions, he kens he'll wind up follayin this wan tae wherever it is he's gaun antek pairt in whit ever gaws doon, whit he disnae ken is wher his bloody burd is... ach weel, she'll get here oan hur ain, probly enjoyin eatin some raw meat somewhere...
Highlander 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

The Highlander has returned. Standing in the darkest shadows of the forest watching the pub and those who come and go Highlanders eyes darken as he see another from his land enter, he decides to keep his coming quiet until he learns just who this new warrior is, and what he is doing here.

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
PMEmail Poster               
Snoogans 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

There is an almost inaudible *vwipow* noise.
She perches on a branch and looks down at Highlander watching Donnchadh.
Has he gotten himself into trouble already? That was faster than usual...
Snoogans 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 05:04 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

A few miles away...
There is a loud *vwipow* noise, fangs and claws and a furball drop out of a blue-purpleish bright light in the air which crackles like lightening.
The beast crouches down and sniffs the air... Got her... few miles. Three others. One scent he knows. One smells similar to it. Alcohol. Typical...

OOC: heh heh, another 2 characters for you to meet/figure out.
Highlander 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

AS Highlander stands watching the Pub he senses something or someone near by he looks around but spies no one, then he hears the voice of Labban coming for the Pub demanding his pipe, Highlander decides to go in and say hello to his olde companion. As Highlander draws nearer to the door he hears Labban talking with someone, the very someone the Highlander was watching, now in front of the door Highlander draws himself to his full height and BANGS to door open at the same time bellows to Labban, WHATS THE MATTER LABBAN NEVER EXPECTED TO SEE ME AGAIN, MUST BE TRUE, I'VE BEEN HERE 5 SECONDS AND THERE IS STILL NO DRINK IN MY HANDs, and with that he went over to Labban and sat down at the table waiting and eying the stranger. Labban WHO is your "friend"?
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 14-Sep-2004, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Labban))

Just as Labban and his new companion arrived back at the camp to introduce the man to the group, the Highlander came crashing in, kicking a young tree down with his foot as he did so. He parked his arse on a large stump and started yelling for drink. Ah, just as we remember him. Labban took a seat on the fallen tree that made the Highlanders stump and answered his question, while he handed the flask to his friend.

Everyone, this is Donnchadh. Donnchadh, this is............ everyone. I don't have the slightest clue who he is, or why he's here. The man fell from the damned sky, and into a mudhole, as you can see. Labban stood again, placed himself directly in front of the man, faces a foot apart, and asked again. Who are you, and why are you here? I've come to realise nothing here happens without reason, and the reasons are usually quite heavy. I don't intend to insult, but these are dark times, and I've been stabbed in the back before by those I thought I'd known much better than you, stranger.

Labban was noticing a cynical and paranoid side that he did not have when they set out to the mountain.
PMEmail Poster               
Snoogans 
Posted: 15-Sep-2004, 04:33 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

the muddy, kilted (and by now not 100% sober) Donnchadh clears his throat, how many times has he gone through this diatribe? he speaks very quickly to get it over with, it is obvious this is something he has said many many times.
"well ah dinnae ken wher ah am. ah've no bin hame since ah had tae destroy some wizard who wiz bein a pain in the erse kidnappin, killin an stealin fae ma toon. ah hud tae learn some tricks tae get past his defenses an wan ay thum wiz tae be able tae, ach, well.... move, through space... like this..."
there is a *wvipow* noise and a brief flash of crackling blue-purple light as he vanishes...
then another as he re-appears on the other side of the camp...
as he walks back tae his seat
"so anyways as ah wiz aboot tae pit the final hit oan the bampot's napper he goes an friggin curses me... afore a ken it ah'm no staunin in his cave onymair. ahm fawin through some trees intae another world... nae idea when it's gonnae happen but ah get swallay'd by unpredictable portals no ay ma ain creation... this is why ah try tae keep ma weapons oan me at aw times. ah've foond masel in too many dodgy situations wi nae shield or nae staff an ah like tae hae wan ay everyhin tae deal wi aw possible combat ken?" he sighs an sits doon
"so ah jist dae whit a need tae stay alive and that has meant many adventures wi stuff ye widnae believe or maybe ye wid... ah've yet tae see whit ah've tae dae here afore time an space takes me agin..."
oldraven 
Posted: 15-Sep-2004, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Labban))

Well, if not to confuse, then perhaps to help. I recon both. He turned to his company and asked. So? What should we do wi this lad? Labban cleared his throat and blushed after his own slip of the slang.
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 15-Sep-2004, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

As Highlander eyed the new comer he yelled to Labban, WHERE IS EVERYONE??
PMEmail Poster               
MacErca 
Posted: 15-Sep-2004, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

I walked out from the woods after having pulled my senses back together, to find that Highlander had returned, there was Labban, and then there was this newcomer in Highland attire like Highlander and myself, the plaid was one that I did not know, although with so many clan families that was easy to understand.

Walking up behind the group and reaching around behind Labban and taking the flask from his hands I tipped it upwards and drank my fill, and felt the burn, start to warm me up from the inside out, then looking over at Highlander and then giving him a bear hug," Man it's good to have you back, and glag I am to see you safe".

Turning to the newcomer I reached out my hand, in friendship, then He rising reached out his hand and together we grasped forearm to forearm, "Welcome I am MacErca ", then turning to Labban "You have told him of our plight"? Then I noticed the swords and saw that they had been well broken in by battle, "Glad to have you with us".

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]