Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Missouri, USA

female

As like being awaken for a deep sleep.

"Where am I? What have I been doing, Oh my head"

Not knowing what has happened or even know where she was at, Ahilissa roams the country side.

"Maybe I will come across someone or something that can tell me more."

--------------------
Mel Ullume--Love Forever

May Light Guide your Way both Night and Day.

Never fear the dark for with the right person you shall always see the light...

Life is a fire, a flame. With every blow of wind it is closer to being put out,
But with someone there to be the shield, it shall glow forever..

Mother of 5- Gwendolyn, Nathan, Arran, Tiffany and Brendan
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
Highlander 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

With this new found "awareness" the Highlander stood there and wondered his fate. At that very moment Mac walked up to Highlander and spoke, " My King, yes I know who you are, you where wondering about your fate and if this was it, I can now answer you, and that answer is YES but my Kind, my friend, not at this time, for you have been called, you must return for now to our people, they need the great King Alpin to return and free them for their bondage. Go now my friend and free the people and when you are done return to us for we will be waiting". With this Mac summond a dragon to take the Highlander to where he must go. As the Highlander got on the dragon to begin this new adventure he leaned down to Mac and whispered, " my friend, you are the son I never got to know, fare the well". With that the Highlander was gone....

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 17-Jul-2004, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

waiting quietly with the others my mind goes over recent events. A smile curves my lips as my thoughts dwell on Labban." such a sweet soul but always over thinking everything, which is odd to find in a Bard yet he is keeper of the Country's knowledge. Why is he always so puzzling to me? yet I feel that I have known him forever and Mac, so joyful and loving like a brother yet he keeps his heart surrounded by walls, no, he used to all that has changed now, he will no longer be able to hide his emotions, he has been Dragon Kissed, we all have been for that matter, I once again." sighing as I lean against a tree and feel it's energy renew my spirit. Looking over at Labban I remember a healing Salve that would help take away some of the scaring that is now very present on his body. Rummaging in my side pack I find the jar and walk over to him. Sitting down next to him I hold the jar in my hand. "Labban, I know you do not wish my help at this time but I have some Salve that will help your scars, I know they are only visible in this realm but it will help, if you will allow me to put this on your skin."
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
oldraven 
Posted: 18-Jul-2004, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

((Labban))

Sitting off, back to a birch, and a thicket between him and the company, Labban thought back on the last few days. It was enough to drive a man mad. Perhaps it had. He imagined how he must appear, cowering at nothing in the bush with the cloak Rider gave him drooping down over his face, and pulled about his torso. Little was left of his clothes after the dragon attack, all those days ago. His boots, and most of his pants were untouched, since he was crouching behind the boulder.

He had seen the slaughter of many enemies. Enemies with families, no doubt. Twice, in fact, they went to battle over the last ten days, or so. Betrayal and a broken heart. Foolish faith in strangers that put his friends in danger and in turn layed blame on him, even if no one said it. He carried enough blame on his own.

He squeezed the red stained tunic from his pack, and not gently. Labban had been doing this quite a bit recently. Odd that his belongings were spared when he went through the portal, unlike his clothes, which would have helped him in here. A phenomenon that Raawin made sound so natural in order, was starting to seem quite specific and designed. Had he cast a spell to help me? Or did he utter a curse?

Then there was the loss, no, the death of his friends to follow. To have so many of your companions taken from you at the same time should be plenty to drive a man out of his mind. And the reunion with two of those dead a few days later. Being summoned to an island of dragons. Creatures he had to admit he wasn't completely comfortable around. Labban had his reasons. And then being part of some Draconian Council ritual, which showed Mac as dragon himself, if only for a moment. What did they do to him, and Labban as well, for that matter? Was it another curse? Whatever it was, it hadn't reversed the one he already bore here in the Faerie realm.

Highlander's calling to his people in the north. The entire group agreed his skills would surely be missed, most likely with great consequences. But his people needed him, and from the use of the word 'King' by MacErca, he owed them all he could give. The thought of the Highlander being a King came as a shock at first. But after a few moments consideration, certain parts of his character fit the title perfectly.

Labban let out a groan. This all truly was too much for one simple librarian ('s assistant), to take in. Why did he think of it all in one sitting? Why did he over think everything?

Labban? He started when the voice broke his concentration. It was her. I know you do not wish my help at this time but I have some Salve that will help your scars, I know they are only visible in this realm but it will help, if you will allow me to put this on your skin.

Labban held out his hand and said. Thank you, Rider. I'll do it though. Just as his hand was a hairs bredth away from the bottle, her hand recoiled with the salve. He looked up at her and she had a smirk on her face. He had forgotten how she looked with a grin. It made you forget everything that was mad or insane. He let out a quick laugh. Laughing? He really was out of his mind.

Alright! He lowered his hand, pulled the cloak back and laid it over his pack. She kneeled down and started to softly lay the salve on his blistered back. It pained just as much for him to be exposed as it did for her to touch it. But the ointment soothed and cooled his skin, and he began to relax. They talked. Just talked. Not about dragons, or Orcs, or little woodland men. Just about things. Miss Brodah, who worked in the castle kitchens, and the way her hears would turn red when Lord Cradin would come by to get his morning tea, that she always made special. Labban made sure to get his breakfast, on the way to his cider, at just the right time, so he could catch the spectacle every morning. The last Castle games, and King Paul getting thrown into a hay bail. The way the setting sun would shine through the west tower archery windows on Summer Solstice. Down onto the sword of King Owen who sat upon a rearing horse of stone where the Royal garden's paths converged in the centre. Even of Owen himself, the long passed King of ages before who had built the castle, which stood defiantly protecting the mountains from evil.

She stopped at the neck, and handed Labban the bottle of ointment. You're not going to finish?

She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. You can take it from here. Rawwin wants to have a meeting, and I'm going to gather the rest together. She looked down at his pack, covered with her cloak. You should leave that here, for now.

This post has been edited by oldraven on 18-Jul-2004, 02:25 PM

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 18-Jul-2004, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

smiling down at Labban and seeing his eyes smile back reassures me and makes my heart feel a little warmer towards Labban again. Walking up towards the group I first come across Liriel. smiling down at her as she sits against a tree our eyes meet. I see through her and sense what she has done, my smile fades slightly.
Why did you do such a thing child? The danger you have put yourself in is more then I think you realize. Master Rawwin asks that we meet with him in the center of the Oak circle. We can discuss this after the meeting young one but, know this, I and the others appreciate what you have done though I feel it was fool hardy it was also very brave of you. Patting her on the shoulder gently I move along to get the others. A smile still on my face from Labban accepting the kiss that I gently placed on his cheek.If nothing else it should show him that even scarred I see his inner self over anything else, atleast I hope he will see that. Now to find Josie and the others. hearing somber talk to my left I follow the voices.
MacErca 
Posted: 18-Jul-2004, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

As he watched Highlander his king fade out of sight he wished him well for he would need it, perhaps his new found "anointing" will be able to help him. My liege you will be sorely missed.

Mac thinking to himself, since he was home he would go and take care of his beloved and son's resting place, and to visit with MacFergus his adopted son the new Forgemaster, slipping through the elfin wood till he came to the bottom of the cliff's where they were buried he phased out of the elfin world into his own and instantly he noticed the gray pallor that had descended over the entire world it had seemed.

Climbing up the cliff trying not to arouse anyone he finally made it to the top, resting to catch his breath, and to listen to see if anyone was around, good no one was around, he mounted the ledge and pulled himself over, then walking to where they lay. The horror was unbearable they had been desecrated the graves had been ripped open as he started to let out a cry that would have come from the very bottom of his soul, the voice of Brightwing spoke to him from his spirit, "Not now lad this is not the time nor the place, I know that you grieve lad but there will be time for that in it's own season and time, you are here to spy out the situation and find any weakness, now on to the task at hand." Trembling Mac reached down and picked up a handful of dirt and tore off a piece of his cloak wrapped it up and placed it in his sporran, then he headed of to the forge and blacksmith shop that used to be his home, upon arriving there he found that the fire pit was cold, the furnace was out, this could mean only one thing, everything, everyone that they knew was under his spell and lost, should they fail, fighting back the tears he phased back into the elfin wood, stoutly he headed to where the Dragonmaster and Labban were, as he reached them he started to tell them what had happened but all that would pass from his lips was " Lost, desecration, gone, alone." this was all he managed to get out before the uncontrollable sobbing took him over.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 20-Jul-2004, 12:30 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

as I stand with the others Labban silently joins us and stands by my side. hearing some one crash through the woods Labban and I look and see Mac run up to us.
" Lost, desecration, gone, alone." is all he can say, wrapping my arms around him he sobs uncontrolably. we fall to our knees together, my heart breaks as I see in his mind what he is trying to tell us. As I tell the others what I see we all begin to cry. slowly every one circles us and joins in the hug. Master Josie pushes a Drought in to my hands and I hand it to Mac first.

Here my friend, this will help release your voice and calm your mind. I look over to Labban and meet his eyes.
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 25-Jul-2004, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

(Lady of Chaos)

Grungahn, they are coming. You must stop them, they will destory everything that we've worked so hard for. You must rule this land. They will bring a dark elf with them. She will deliver the Dragon Master to you. She will be your ally and will help you destroy them.

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 25-Jul-2004, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

(Liriel)

At least the Dragon Master knows that I will sacrifice myself to save my master. I rise and walk toward the Oak circle. I must not let the Dragon Master sway me from my task. This is the only way, the last resort open to us.

Master it is time to meet with the others Drizzt rises and we continue to walk to the Oak circle. Drizzt feels a change in his young apprentice but he passes as excitment for the coming battle. He thinks of the Spine of the World and his family. It was time to go home, time to rest.

PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Labban))

The pain had eased, for a while. Whatever was in that salve, he must find out. Rider never failed to surprise him like that.

MacErca walked off to weep alone, after forcing out a report of what he had seen on the other side. What they learned was not promising.

Labban took the same action as Mac, and walked his own way out into the wood to gather his thoughts. There was a lot of gathering to do these days. After a few minutes the voices of the group had been swallowed by the forest, and he found this to be a good place to stop. Removing the cloak, which he had replaced not long after he taken it off for Rider, and setting it down on a long fallen tree, he settled himself on a mound of moss grown over a stone. It wasn't as comfortable as it had looked. Beneath the generous layer of moss, the rock was jagged and unlevel. He sat on the ground instead, and leaned back on the boulder. The woods were saturated with fog, and there was always a fresh dew on everything, yet his breeches remained dry.

It took Labban a while to realise that he couldn't concentrate on anything, and his mind was randomly racing from one scene to another. He wasn't going to get much solved here today. The young man reached around and pulled the lyre in front of him. Perhaps a lick would clear his mind.

CAW

Labban looked up to see the silouette of a large dark bird, about 3 men up a tree, six paces away. Would you like a song? There was no answer, which didn't surprise him much. He picked out a simple riff, leaned back, closed his eyes, and let out a great sigh. *release my tongue* came a whisper from nowhere and everywhere. When he opened his eyes, the raven was standing on his cloak, staring straight at him. So you DO wan't a tune.

He played on for a moment, when the raven opened his beak wide, and the voice returned. *cut the flesh* Was it the bird? The raven did not close its beak, but settled down on the cloak. Should I play on? Again, no answer. Labban shruged it off, and played on.

*let me speak*

Labban stopped and stared back at the bird with his own mouth agape. Won't you oblige him? He did ask you a question. Raawin stepped out from behind the very tree the raven had perched on.

What are you doing here? Labban wasn't entirely pleased with the woodland man of late. A theory of intrigue was growing in his head every day, and Raawin seemed to be at the heart of it. I came out here to be alone.

Raawin looked at him for a moment, then the bird. It would seem as though you don't have that luxury. The little man pulled a dagger from his cloak and passed it, handle first, to Labban. With that he walked away.

What am I supposed to do with this?

Raawin stopped for a moment, then turned to the bird and said, Why don't you ask him? He smirked and walked off into the mists.

The dagger was obviously ceremonial, made from bone and steel, and set with gems of every colour. Labban set the lyre down and asked, You wish me to cut your tongue from your beak? I don't know how I feel about that. The raven hopped over onto the lyre and once again opened his beak wide. Alright, have it your way. Labban raised the blade to the birds beak, and it stood perfectly still. Its tongue was raised, revealing the stretch of flesh holding it to the beak. Be still, this is most likely going to hurt. The dagger bit into flesh and blood poured forth like a fountain. When he had reached back far enough with the knife, he pulled it away.

There was blood all over the lyre, and Labban yelped as he cupped his hand beneath the birds bleeding maw. It bit down hard, digging its beak deep into his palm. Och! What's that? Now the blood was his own, and the bird had it all over his upper beak. He jumped to his feet and cradled his wounded, bloodied hand.

Ripping off a piece of the cloak to bandage his hand, he looked to see the mess made of his beautiful instrument. What is WRONG with this place. Doesn't anything normal happen? But upon closer inspection, the blood was cleaning off the surface. No, the blood was drawin into the very fibre of the wood. Can you tell me why y......

The raven was nowhere to be seen.

Shaking his head, and holding his hand, he decided to go back. Labban wiped the dagger off on the mossy stone and walked toward the group with the cloak draped over his shoulder.

Try to get me to do something again, Raawin, and I throw you in the river.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

As i sat, writing my account of the recent events, something caught my eye. What was *he* doing here? His dark feathers were still cloaked in spirit dust. He wasn't physical. at least not now anyway. I knew he didn't want to be seen. I watched him as he surveyed the group for a moment, then fluttered away. It had been so very long ago....

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Snoogans 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Edinburgh

male

a strange noise overhead *vwipow*
followed by a rising cry of
aaaaAAAAAAARSE! accompanied with the sound of small trees breaking
followed closely by a thud, a crash, a clatter and a very small splash then a lot of mumbled curses...

oldraven 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Labban))

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAARSE!

*thud*

Who in the name o' time are you?
PMEmail Poster               
Snoogans 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Edinburgh

male

for a moment nothing moves then from underneath some broken trees and a large pile of earth that collected in the crater a figure stand up and is barely recognisable as human until ti sprouts arms, throws a plain wooden staff to the floor and begins absent mindedly wiping some mud from the armour and kilt whilst looking inquisitively into a tankard he is holding.
"awww dammit ah spilt some"
the figure looks up to the sky and yells
"BASTARD!"
finishing off the contents of the tankard and stowing it on his belt from which can be seen hanging two swords, two daggers he turns to look around to take stock of his location, a black shield can be seen hanging over his shoulder with a celtic cross as the foot diameter boss (http://img48.exs.cx/img48/4657/buckle2.jpg) at closer inspection this can be seen on his swords and daggers too.
after giving up trying to clean the mud from his hardened brown studded leather plated jack bracers and grieves he steps forward and notices someone looking at him.
"uh-oh"
oldraven 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Labban))

What the hell........... No. You know what? I'm not even going to ask. There's no rhym or reason to this place anyway. This? Cursing, drunken scots falling from the sky? That is the world in here.

The man watched Labban rant, as if the only thing on his mind was the wonder of when he'd finaly stop prattling on about nonsense. I must look like the villiage idiot.

You're not here to kill me right? Right. He looked down to his empty tankard, then raised his gaze to see the man quite distressed at the void of ale. Labban reached into one of his pouches to find the flask. Here you go. Have a dram. Celar Master Mike's best pure single malt scotch. Take as much as you like. It's quite potent, but seems to keep you functional. Well, to a point. Anyway, don't worry about it running out. For some reason we can't empty these things. My name is Labban, by the way.

The man obliged with a hearty grin, and Labban slapped him in the shoulder. What did you say your name is?
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]