Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Highlander Castle, architectural RPG
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Éire (okay fine, it's really PA, USA but that's just boring.)

female

Almost instantly she felt something was changing. A wind blew and she looked up at a veiled window high in one of the towers of the castle. She had passed the gate guards easy, for their weak minds had bent to her witty charm. Now, she sensed, it was time to deal with what lay beyond the stone walls of this magnificant fortress.
As she kept still, the ground began to temble slightly and the main doors of the castle creaked open. A towering silhouette stood several feet before her--and a grin split on her face.

--------------------
If we could just stand here, without the words, would that be enough? ..Look at the sky now. What color is it? Or the way a hawk flies. Or you wake up and your ribs are bruised thinking so hard on somebody. What do you call that?

"Don't cross the street if you can't get out of the kitchen"
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

((Tachta))

He waited a moment to speak. Silence stretched out to the point of discomfort was one way a man such as Tachta obtained respect. And every person witnessing the standoff was visibly anxious. All but the subject of his scrutiny.

The master of the house requests you take audience with him. I sugest you hand over your weapons and follow me without incident. It should be considered an honour to be asked. You do not wish to go against your will, as there is no honour in that. His point was visibly taken, and the woman considered his proposal with a flick of a grin.

Tachta didn't like the smug intruders mistakened confidence.

Make your choice, before it is taken from you.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

She took a bold step forward and raised her chin slightly.
You shall not take me weapons, but I will accept an audience with..your master. In my land to be taken honourably is to be taken on one's own terms, that is respect to me. Show me respect and I will coroporate. If not...well.
She took another step forward and casually looked over the monstrous man, We shall see Her eyebrow raised high.
And from the looks of things here, I do not think you can afford getting rid of someday that may or..may not aid you.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Tachta))

He started. That is to say, he leaned forward and reached under his cloak for his weapon. But something stopped him. A rumble came from the tower. But he knew it wasn't a rumble. It was Gron'Egan, chuckling.

On her terms, Tachta. he heard, as his master spoke to him alone. Very well.

Fair enough. Come, the master wishes to.... ask you something. His voice was strange. He had no accent. That is to say, he talked like everyone, yet talked like no one. His tone was flat, as was its flair, as though he were entirely empty.

Tachta turned and reentered the castle, a unit of five Orc guards in tow. Two stood behind him, then the unwelcome stranger, and the last three trailing behind. You never get used to the smell, so don't bother., he replied when he saw the womans reaction to the reek coming off the guards.

He needed something for the pain. Even from the first time Gron'Egan stepped into his mind, the headaches never failed.
PMEmail Poster               
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

She entered the carvernous halls leading to the castle keep. The walls, tapestrys, and every other item one would find in a castle seemed to be darkened by some unseen force. She tilted her head, thinking of the bright days of the past, and came to the assumption that one day, long ago, these walls were shining.

As the party proceeded up winding stairs and into a small, dark room, one guard pushed her from begin. Before he could do it once more, she whirled around, grabbed his wrists, and spun him away.
She turned, pushed through the guards at the front and past the tall man to a long and narrow table. Here she unsheathed a small dagger and thrust it into the fine wood with a crack.

I thank your guards for such a warm welcome. Her voice was firm and sarcastic. She crossed her arms and let her dagger continue to waver from the force of the thrust. She knew he was here. Now what is it that you wish from me?
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Grungahn))

Hmh! How quickly the grace I saw in the courtyard flees. I brought you here so I could ask questions, not the other way around. I'm not entirely sure how things work in your land, but be warned, you walk on dangerous ground. You wouldn't want to forget yourself. You are, after all, in MY hall, MY house, MY kingdom. Grungahn stepped from the shadows and looked the greenish woman up and down. She didn't like this, but he really didn't care. He glanced at Tachta, who had moved behind the lady, blade drawn and a mere handsbredth from the base of her neck, waiting for his master to give him the word. Stand down, Tachta. If she had plans to harm me, she'd be dead already. He stepped back and resheathed the blade. The stranger apeared visibly surprised at the stealthy nature of the servant. Surprised, but not shaken.

I really don't know who you are, but you come to my hall on my terms, and you leave the same. You really are quite out of your element here, so don't be too sure of yourself. NOW,............ enough of this unpleasantness. His voice became silky and restrained. I simply wish to know who you are. If you answer my questions honestly, and I will know, then you may leave just as you came. Who knows, I may even find a place for you in my company. Now, who are you?
PMEmail Poster               
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

Carefully, she reached past him and plucked her dagger from the table and slipped it back into her utility belt.
First of all, let me say that this may be 'your house, your kingdom' but this land is not yours. The land be not owned by anyone.
And with that, I give ye my name.

She took a step back and placed her fingertips together in an act of poise. I be a high warrior of my homeland, Lyra Luminara.

PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Grungahn))

Ah, haha! See? No reason we can't be civil. He grunted and groaned a bit as he settled himself down on his belly. High warrior. That's quite a title. Where exactly is this 'homeland', and why are you so obviously far from it? More particularly, why are you HERE? A king must know what goes on in his lands. Moreso his own house. He chose the word 'lands' on purpose, to show that they were indeed his.

Before you answer, can I offer you something from the cellar?

Tachta was growing more irate by the moment.
PMEmail Poster               
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

Hah! As if you own MY home? You don't even know what it is called. An educated ruler would know where all his people come from just by their appearance. Naught, I shall not say.

She paused and began to pace around the room comfortably.

And I will also not accept something if I do not know what it is. Enough of this dragon dung, let us get to the matter at hand. I have been sent by the ruler of my home to aid Highland Castle. I left home months ago and by that time the kingdom was not yet...what should I say...under new rule? Anyway, I see now cleary that this castle and the very ground it sits upon is quicksand, threatening to drag me with it.

My ruler sent me to help. So here I am.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((ooc))

I think you misstook me. By his lands, he meant, why were you in his lands. Not to say he owned your homeland.
PMEmail Poster               
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

haha okay that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Just scrap her first line then
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Grungahn))

Begining to become annoyed, mostly at the dragon dung comment, he puffed some smoke at Lyra. Obviously they have no manners where you come from. And you jump to conclusions. I sugest you look before you leap. If you've come to assist Sir Paul, you are too late. He has given up the crown to me. Those days are passed. You are not only too late, my lady, but on the wrong side. There is nothing you can do for the old King now. You should go home before you land yourself in prison. Or dead.

Grungahn was burning now. He would have gulped her down then and there, but something stayed him. After a moment, he calmed himself and spoke again in the smooth voice he used at such times of diplomacy. Please. Go home and inform your King, or whomever is in charge, that the old King Paul has fallen from grace, and that he'll find no ally here. That is unless he wishes to make new alliances.
PMEmail Poster               
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

By the look on her face, she was coming up with a new plan. A new decision. Yes, it strayed from what her original orders were, but this would prove more useful in the end.

I was told to aid Highlander Castle. That is what I am here to do. You now dwell and rule from this palace, then you are the one I am to aid.

Lyra smiled to herself inwardly. This was going to work out just fine. She patted the sack slung over her shoulder with new pride.
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 18-Jun-2004, 01:13 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Back at the cave Rider look around to her companions

"we have spent enough time dallying here we must continue on."

Looking over to Labban I Motion towards the Steps.

"It is now or never!"
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
oldraven 
Posted: 18-Jun-2004, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Labban))

Agreed. The dragon hasn't been slayed, but the threat is gone. The group gathers themselves together and begins to head the way they came in.

Don't speak so soon, master Labban. comes a voice from behind them. When they turn they see the dragon, who seconds before had been resting, up on its feet with a vacant look in its eyes, but an evil grin on its face.

That's not the voice of this dragon. Warns Rider.

Run! MacErca bellers at the group.

But there was no time to run. The beast lit a plume, blocking the exit, and forcing the group to step back. It came about and with a great sweep of the tail, slammed into the arch. The entrance came down in a pile of rubble, blocking thier exit.

You don't think I'd go to all this trouble just to have you escape. The creature stood up on its haunches and came down on the cave floor with its fists clenched. *BAM* The whole mountain shook, and sounds of rock slaming into rock could be heard through the walls. Dust and pebbles fell form the anchient cieling. *BASH* now the stalactites fell around them, like giant spear heads.

We've got to get out of here, NOW! Labban screamed.

Half a moment later, a chunk of the roof fell onto the dragons head, and the once noble beast fell to the floor in one last crippling blow to the mountain. When despair took each and every one of them a shimmering came from beside the fell dragon, and out of a wavering doorway, the image of Raawin stood. Come quick. You have no time to loose.

The group started for the portal, rock falling all around. Everyone ran for their lives, and none had the care to help their comrades along. None but MacErca, who pushed the Highlander out of the way of a falling stone. But the stone landed on Mac's shoulder, and knocked him to the ground. He was mere feet from escape. Many were already on the other side now, and they called out for him, but another piece of rubble fell on the warrior's torso. Unable to speak, he simply took his sword and outstretched, offered it to the Highlander.

The Highlander shook his head for a moment, but Mac forced out Take it! You must. You will fail without it. So the wanderer took the blade and ran.

Just before Rider reached the exit, another piece of the mountain bore down on her, but before it could reach her, the great hand of the dragon, who was bleeding from many places, shielded her from the blow. She exchanged a look with the creature and stepped through the portal, aside Labban, just before it closed.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]