Posted: 13-Sep-2003, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

Background- This thred was moved from new member forum 'cause it really doesn't belong there.
The story thus far...Highlander Castle is on a crag, with crenulations, several towers, and pennants flowing in the breeze. It has a large banquet hall with an ox sized fireplace at one end. The floor of the banquet hall is strewn with rushes and sweet herbs. There are Irish wolfhounds in residence, but NO doggie bones in the rushes. (Not sanitary, y'know.)
And since this is a magic castle, it has been bespelled so there are no fleas, mosquitos, blackflys, or midges on premises!
As we move through the halls we pass Queen Catronia, as mistress of the kitchen, discussing the menu for the next banquet with King Paul. We look out a window and see Princess Vicky on her way to the stables. Highlander Castle is famed for it's herd of miniature horses.
We continue onward....I wonder what the rest of the castle looks like?

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 15-Sep-2003, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Hello...
I'm Josie 3Ravens, I'm a herbwitch, and part of the Healers Guild here at Highlander Castle. I'm fairly new here myself, and not familiar with all the people and areas of the castle yet.
I know there are others here whose voices are part of the tale. Please, feel free to talk about yourself and what you do here, and describe the parts of the castle you know about.
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted: 15-Sep-2003, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

I'm really not into RPGs.... but for the look of your Highland Castle, this site might give you some ideas! biggrin.gif

http://www.rampantscotland.com/castles/blc...stles_index.htm

Click on the name of any castle and there should be a photograph available.
I noticed that one of the most wonderful castles Eilean Donan, is not there!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 15-Sep-2003, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

(imagine a male with a thick Scottish brogue)

'Alo mate!

Me name's Mike F., Brewer of Potions and Fine Spirits. You'll most likely find me tendin' the bar, pourin' whatever fancies you, or brewing up potions for various uses. I'm a big football (soccer) and baseball fan, so you'll most often see Celtic or the Chicago White Sox on the telly in my wing.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Catriona 
Posted: 16-Sep-2003, 01:47 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

Err, just in the interests of authenticity, Mike.... no Scot would say 'elo Mate'.... Mate is an English expression, seldom used in Scotland biggrin.gif A real Scot would say (remember to roll the 'rrrrs' HULLORERR (hello, there!)
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Sep-2003, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

BTW, I switched the midi file for my profile to something more appropriate for this RPG. Check It out!
MacErca 
Posted: 06-Nov-2003, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Macerca's the name and bladesmithing the game, want a sword, dirk, sgean dubh,
anything having to do with steel and fire. Royal06.gif

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
oldraven 
Posted: 06-Nov-2003, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Good evening. My name is Labban, but around here I'm known as oldraven. It works. I guess you could call me a librarian, but it goes much farther than that.

I started out at the castle as a bard, barely fifteen. My love for the written word planted the seed of knowledge and within a few years I was spending all of my days reading every tome and scroll I could get my hands on. All the while playing for the court every eve. Eventually I began aiding the keeper of historic records here a Highlander Castle, where my responsibilities have grown to the complete management of the Mystic arts section. That's about as much as I need to delve into that topic.

I live in the north east wing of the castle on the second level, next to the Master Smith, Macerca. The man reeks of metallurgy, but has a wonderful taste for music and fine spirits, which leads to much time spent in fellowship in the Castle cellar with the Cellarer Master Mike.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 07-Nov-2003, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

*yawn* the morning hours are the worst. Everyone dragging their feet, no singing, no laughing, not even smiles for the passerby.

Dorain, the old records keeper, has been sick for a few days, so now I'm stuck with all of the work in the castle library. It's the worst when there's no one to talk to. You think libraries are quiet? Try stopping by some time in the late morning when only one records keeper is about. Please.

Just me, a flagon of warm apple cider, and scores of silent scrolls. Will the excitement never end? rolleyes.gif

"Well, if it isn't oldraven. Tell me, why do they call you that? You can't be a day over 28." It's Squire Freybor. What an arse.

"I really wouldn't know. Is there something I can help you with?" *and I'm 24, you ninny*

"Lord Rinel has sent me for some scroll." He pulls out a scrap of sheepskin with markings crudely etched on it. "The...Fee..Feh..uuum"

"Let me see it. 'The Fetirin Atlas'. Doesn't his Lordship have the Naskit Atlas out already?"

*shrug*

"Alright. I will be just a moment. Please wait here." I was better off bored and alone.

Let's see. Farnor's Bluff, Fatima, Ah! Fetirin Atlas. Hmh. What's this doing here? Loch Innis Codex? This should be with the Religious works.

"Here you go. Please remind his Lordship that he has the Naskit Atlas as well, and he should return it before he forgets he's got it." That should stir the pot a bit.

Loch Innis Codex..... This is a new one. Actually, it looks anchient, but I've never heard of such a thing. hmh. Something to read. Excellent.
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 07-Nov-2003, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

*Taps diffidently at the door*
"Hello? Labban? I'm Josie 3Ravens....there's an infestation of firedrakes in Corrin Forrest, and several forresters have been singed. Do you have any of the more ancient herbals here in the library? The ones we have in Healer Hall are newer and have nothing about firedrake burn cures in them. I don't think there have been firedrakes this near the castle in a hundred years!"
"Oh, and would you have a map of the castle? It took forever to find my way here! You would think that after being here for a half a year I'd be able to find my way around. I swear some of these corridors are moving....
At least when you end up in the kitchen instead of the library, Catriona will give you scones! Would you like some?"
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 07-Nov-2003, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

heh. Moving corridors. I wouldn't be surprised.........

*clears throat*

Anyway..... Ah yes. Firedrake. I was just about to head to the mistrel's galley to prepare. We'll stop by the Library on the way. If I could just have a moment I have to gather a few things.

As far as a map to the castly goes. I've got one. And only one. It's pretty extensive, so copying would take months. You can come by to look at it anytime you want though. That is if you can find the library. wink.gif The best way to know the place is to wander around, or get a guide for a few days.

Firedrake. How many did you say there were?
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 11-Nov-2003, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

"Firedrake, firedrake......" *strokes his beard perplexingly* "We haven't had a firedrake in three generations. I've yet to see one, myself."

"Here we go. The Lords of Everquest Mystic Creatures Resource.

Found most usually in the Deserts or Ro or in the smoking cauldrons of the Lavastorm Mountains, fire drakes are hot-tempered and highly territorial creatures. Not seen as frequently as their frost drake kin, daring hunters have sometimes found them bathing in pools of fresh lava.

Hmh. He's a long way from home. The nearest volcano with a current lava flow is over in Dunhorn, on the south-eastern peninsula. According to this it would have taken him a solid four days flying to get here. He didn't just happen here, he was summoned. No sword will be of use here. You're going to have to call on the mystics."

"I wonder, have the attacks been concentrated? Does there appear to be a specific target? It may help determine who is behind it."
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 11-Nov-2003, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Hello, and welcome/ Oldraven's work in the library is amiable isn't it. I spend a fair amount of time there myself. I should introduce myself; I'm Aaediwen, scribe and scholar. I'm not originally from here, but I was travelling through one day and his lordship offered me a place to stay. With the library so conveniant and well stocked, combined with the frequent visits of travellers, I have found little reason to continue my travels of late. Perhaps once warmer weather returns I'll journey some, and see what else I can find. I can imagine myself comming back and hanging around here though =)

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
oldraven 
Posted: 11-Nov-2003, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

"Ah, Aaediwen, my good man. Good to see you about. I've been going mad in here staring at the walls; talking to the ghosts. I've been in need of a good visit."

Aaediwen. Deffinately a learned man. A traveler, or drifter, if you preffer. He's been a great resource to me. It's one thing to read of far off lands, but quite another to hear it from the mouth of one who's seen them.

"I do envy you and your lack of roots. Able to pick up and lead off an another adventure whenever the weather suits, or the whim strikes. Any idea where you'll be headed this time?"
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 14-Nov-2003, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Probably off to the western lands. I've heard rumors of an ancient culture surviving there. Want to go see what I can see.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]