Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Which Celtic Radio Songs/artists Do You Hate?
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Nov-2004, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey! Cosmict! Meeting you at a Twinflame concert some time would be wonderful! Just get them to the Phoenix or Tucson area would ya?! biggrin.gif

I agree with you that Celtic music is so much better than the mainstream out there! I have so many Celtic CDs now it is probably ridiculous.........but oh well! I love it! I am really anxious for the Christmas Celtic music to come out soon!

Rose
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Iago 
Posted: 28-Nov-2004, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Carlsbad, California

male

I love Tam Lin, in fact I bought the CD because of it this week. I know some members of the Melbourne Scottish Fiddle Club.

Tassie, is there anyplace online to get a copy of that? If so could you post it? I went looking one night and got discouraged.

~Iago

--------------------
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.
Iago 
Posted: 28-Nov-2004, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Carlsbad, California

male

There are not many artists that are played here that I do not like. I can't tell everyone how much I apprceiate being able to listen to so many different celtic bands.

~Iago
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 06:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,451 Gold!

Wosh! What a great thread! I have to say I was drawn to the fact of the title of this thread.

Watching intently all of these discussions of music. Not that we are going to be swayed one way or the other, but in 2005 we are definitely going to make a few changes to our broadcast and pay more attention to it.

We have well over 5,000 songs in our index and that number grows all of the time. While you always have the option of requesting anyone of the 5,000 + songs, we might narrow our selections down a bit on the rotation.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Meryat 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Somewhere near a computer

I used to dislike some of the traditional songs sung by people with ... not necessarily the most beautifully polished of voices. I've now grown to love all the traditional songs and wish I knew all the lyrics, as well as appreciating that it's the way the song is sung and not necessarily how pretty the voice is. The songs I used to skip through on MusicMatch Jukebox before I switched to listening here exclusively are now the ones I sing along with. Who'd have thought?

Just thought I'd add my completely random observation, since I realized how hard it is to define artists/songs I don't like, as quite a few that used to fall in that category no longer do so. I've found that the only ones I dislike are those that I find objectionable, offensive, or obnoxious, and even those are tolerable when mixed with all the rest of the music found here.

(That said, "Psychopathic, Chronic, Schizophrenic Gollum Blues" by Brobdingnagian Bards is still the only song that will actually make me mute the radio when I think of it ... though I realized the other day that I know way too many of the words ... tongue.gif)

~Meryat
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 29-Nov-2004, 07:02 AM)
we might narrow our selections down a bit on the rotation.

Are you saying you'll be playing less of a variety? Why?

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
HeatherMarie 
Posted: 05-Dec-2004, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Grand Rapids, MI

female

Granted, the LOTR stuff sucks.

Ok, I'm going through a little LOTR obsession right now, so I have to ask, what LOTR stuff? Is there LOTR-related music besides the three songs from the movies? If not, I have to agree; I can't stand any of the songs except "May it Be."

Other than that, I can't really think of anything since I haven't been listening all that long. In general though, I'm not too crazy about songs that use more modern instruments. "Pagan Girl" by Emerald Rose comes to mind here. Personally, I don't think Celtic music and electric guitars belong anywhere near eachother.

Heather

--------------------
"Please your Majesty," said the Knave, "I didn't write it, and they can't prove I did: there's no name signed at the end."

"If you didn't sign it," said the King, "that only makes the matter worse. You must have meant some mischief, or else you'd have signed your name like an honest man."

-Alice in Wonderland
PMEmail Poster                
Meryat 
Posted: 06-Dec-2004, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Somewhere near a computer

QUOTE (HeatherMarie @ 05-Dec-2004, 11:04 PM)
Ok, I'm going through a little LOTR obsession right now, so I have to ask, what LOTR stuff?  Is there LOTR-related music besides the three songs from the movies?  If not, I have to agree; I can't stand any of the songs except "May it Be." 

The Brobdingnagian Bards have a CD of LOTR songs.

~Meryat
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Dec-2004, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I am not able to listen to the music here often as it tends to slow my computer and causes me to lose my internet connection. I come here mostly for the forums. But the few times I have been able to listen, I have to say that I have enjoyed most of what I have heard.

There is only one song I have heard that makes me immediately turn the music off, and that is "Pagan Girl." Absolutley horrible. Would rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard.

That said there are a few otheres that I can't say that I hate, but they are definitely not my favorites. Charlie Zahm (sorry Annablle!), Heather Dale (sorry Aediwen!) and the Civil War stuff (sorry Mike!) just don't appeal to me very much. There is absolutley nothing "Celtic" about Charlie Zahm's voice. He sounds like he should be on the Lawrence Welk Show. I also don't like Loreena McKennitt's the Highwayman. WAY too long.

Anyway, those are just my opinions. And I would rather listen to the songs and artists that I hate than rap any day!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
MDF3530 
Posted: 06-Dec-2004, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 06-Dec-2004, 08:28 PM)

Anyway, those are just my opinions. And I would rather listen to the songs and artists that I hate than rap any day!

Aww...

I was just gonna buy you the latest Eminem CD for Christmas biggrin.gif !

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Dec-2004, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 06-Dec-2004, 09:28 PM)
That said there are a few otheres that I can't say that I hate, but they are definitely not my favorites. Charlie Zahm (sorry Annablle!), Heather Dale (sorry Aediwen!) and the Civil War stuff (sorry Mike!) just don't appeal to me very much. There is absolutley nothing "Celtic" about Charlie Zahm's voice. He sounds like he should be on the Lawrence Welk Show.

I agree with you there, Allen! I love one song immensely by Heather Dale, but other than that I just don't like her. Don't care for the civil war and Charlie Zahn songs either.

I don't remember ever hearing "Pagan Girl." And I love anything that Loreena McKinnett does!
mingkee 
Posted: 09-Dec-2004, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

I am more open to Celtic singers
I'd like to mention one, who is from Japan (Fujita Emi)
her song "Fields of Gold" is really good, completely celtic feeling
comparing the so-called pop singers from my hometown (their music sucks too badly, I wouldn't pay the money for that junk), I don't hate any Celtic singer because of that

here is a cool CD from her (just don't mind some strange characters, the page is written in Big5 coding, but the contents are in English)
http://www.layoyo.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/P...UAGE=2&curr=USD

--------------------
a Chinese Celt from Hong Kong
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
mingkee 
Posted: 09-Dec-2004, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

this album (which has Fields of Gold)
Emi Fujita: Camomile Extra
http://www.layoyo.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/P...UAGE=2&curr=USD
mingkee 
Posted: 09-Dec-2004, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 15-Nov-2004, 11:06 AM)
That's great Annabelle! Add me to the list of folks who don't like Aselin, Charlie Zahm or Heather Dale

Heather Dale is okay
probably I had stopped to listen highlanderradio for a while (the pda unable to connect to 64k stream, and the stream has 60 seconds ad, which is realling annoying)
I almost give up highlanderradio
but now I changed my mind, bring FM back up, broadcast over FM
recently, I like Runrig like crazy, the stamping ground is gooooood!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]